USMB Coffee Shop IV

1680538657650-png.125692

Back to the drawing board. High blood pressure causing the vertigo? 126/80. Nope next idea. I don't take BP meds. It is all me!

Back to the drawing board. High blood pressure causing the vertigo? 126/80. Nope next idea. I don't take BP meds. It is all me!
I've had the same problem lately. Usually only when I first stand up from a sitting position and it passes fairly quickly. Not sure why. So let us know if you get a diagnosis that makes sense.

I've had the same problem lately. Usually only when I first stand up from a sitting position and it passes fairly quickly. Not sure why. So let us know if you get a diagnosis that makes sense.
Orthostatic hypotension. Probably seconday to hypovolemia.

Ho Hum! Well I lasted six months without medication for schizophrenia, but a week ago I went back on the drug. I did not do it for my mind, which was strong and clear, that is after the first two months when I had horrible stress from with drawl symptoms. I finally had to admit defeat because my body let me down. For some reason my nose started streaming mucus down my throat, and I choked until I was sick several times a day. I stuck it out for months, but in the end I had enough. I knew I did not have this problem on the drug so I had to take it again. The problem is much better now.

On the positive side I think the spirit world is trying to inspire me to paint again, as when I went to bed last night a beautiful image flashed into my head. I decided to try and paint it, and I cleared my room and put up my easel today. I cut a piece of square board to paint on and primed it. The image was something like a mandala, and it was a circular composition of a number of figures in a square frame.
I will try and start it tomorrow.

Ho Hum! Well I lasted six months without medication for schizophrenia, but a week ago I went back on the drug. I did not do it for my mind, which was strong and clear, that is after the first two months when I had horrible stress from with drawl symptoms. I finally had to admit defeat because my body let me down. For some reason my nose started streaming mucus down my throat, and I choked until I was sick several times a day. I stuck it out for months, but in the end I had enough. I knew I did not have this problem on the drug so I had to take it again. The problem is much better now.

On the positive side I think the spirit world is trying to inspire me to paint again, as when I went to bed last night a beautiful image flashed into my head. I decided to try and paint it, and I cleared my room and put up my easel today. I cut a piece of square board to paint on and primed it. The image was something like a mandala, and it was a circular composition of a number of figures in a square frame.
I will try and start it tomorrow.
I find when those flashes of inspiration come to you, we are wise to follow them. :)-

I find when those flashes of inspiration come to you, we are wise to follow them. :)-
I started the painting this morning. I only spent about twenty minutes doing an underpainting. Now I have to wait until tomorrow for it to dry. I was expecting to do more work today, but there is nothing more I can do until the underpainting dries. I use oil paints, and mix them with liquin which is a resin that dries overnight. When I first started using oils in the 1960's I used linseed oil to mix the paints and that takes weeks to dry.

I believe I previously mentioned the book, 'Mental self help' by Edwin Ash. It tells you how to reprogram your subconscious mind and plant positive ideas into it. I can now tell you I think it worked for me. After years of wasting myself, and wallowing in apathy thinking I would be better off dead. I appear to have lots of energy, and am making an effort to achieve things.
Starting a new painting after years of thinking it was pointless, because all my pictures were third rate is some kind of a mental miracle. Six months of being off medication did not seem to matter. I know now I am strong enough to survive without the drug. But my body let me down and I had to take the drug again for health. But this has not phased me, and I appear to function well with or without the drug, apart from the fact I choke in mucus without it.
I am confident my new painting will work out, and when it is finished I will post it here.

Well, I started my new painting today, I did the basic outline yesterday, but today I began to paint in figures and faces. But I have had enough after 3 hours , because I started getting back ache from sitting in the chair. Oh well, more work tomorrow.

Forum List

Back