USMB Coffee Shop IV

BBD....so glad you got this diagnosed. Untreated, it can really cause some serious neurological problems. Thank God antibotics work. Please do everything the doc tells you and take all the pills. :)

coffee_isn_t_helping.jpg

No need for the jumper cables. Two cups in and I'm ready to go! :lol:

Two cups? I drink that before I get out of bed......

I've had root canals and I've had Lyme disease. Root canals are more fun.

I've had lyme 3 times. the first two were no big deal. I got the bullseye rash, took antibiotics for 3 weeks and it was done. the last time I didn't get the rash, I had it for possible a year or so without knowing. it got to the advanced stages and I started getting all kinds of complications. that was rough

coffee_isn_t_helping.jpg

I only have two cups the entire day, but I have them with breakfast every morning. However my two cups are espresso, so they give me the kick start I need for my day. On Saturdays, I add some Sambuca for an added treat...:thup:

Okay. All the stuff is out of the house, the cleaners will be by tomorrow to make it look pretty, I loaded up my truck (to the gills) and drove back down to Trinidad. No, not Trinidad Tobago, not sure I could have held my breath for that long a drive....... :eusa_whistle:
Nice to be back with the wife and cats after a week but have lots to do over the next few days and I'm already sore, in pain and exhausted.

The verdict is in from the doctor's office. Lab tests confirms the diagnosis of Lyme disease. At least now I know what the problem is. Started antibiotic meds.

good luck. I've been down that road a few times myself. with the antibiotic they probably gave you you want to avoid exposure to the sun. also eat a lot of yogurt or take a good probiotic. the pains lyme can give you are pretty intense. the good news is after a day they will start to subside.

coffee_isn_t_helping.jpg

I only have two cups the entire day, but I have them with breakfast every morning. However my two cups are espresso, so they give me the kick start I need for my day. On Saturdays, I add some Sambuca for an added treat...:thup:

I consumed so much caffeine over my life time that it takes two pots of espresso roast before it starts to kick in.......

I lived in California for a while. Two stories on that.

1) A guy I worked with was laughing because he said when he said to a native easterner like me he loved summer because it's so green and they looked at him like he was nuts.

2) Another native easterner said, "why do they call it the golden State? It's brown." I replied, "well, that's why you're not in marketing!" LOL.
Lived 28 years in California. It has two seasons...Well, three actually....

Wet, Hot and EFFIN HOT! <<--- BTW...that is a technical term. :D

Everything is dead in summer from the heat and lack of significant rainfall. Everything turns a pale green in winter as the rainfall increases but the temps don't climb very high or fall very low.

You in the central valley? I lived in San Jose, the weather was great

I lived a couple of years in Monterey. It was always green there.

I can remember some humid uncomfortable days during the summer at Fort Wainwright, but absolutely nothing compared to the South at all. We would leave a club at 2pm at the sun would be up. Amazing place. Understand that child abuse and drugs and alcoholism have run Fairbanks into the ground the last 25 years.

Did they find a tick on you?

They should check behind BBD's knee!

And check Taco too since that is probably where the tick is now! :eek:

Good advice, BBD is probably too sick to do it but he has to try and find one that may be latched onto him. Check all over your hair, all over your body. Let your wife check Taco. If you find one, there's a way to take it off of you.

How to remove a tick

Use fine-tipped tweezers to remove a tick. If you don't have tweezers, put on gloves or cover your hands with tissue paper, then use your fingers. Do not handle the tick with bare hands.

Grab the tick as close to its mouth (the part that is stuck in your skin) as you can. The body of the tick will be above your skin.
Do not grab the tick around its swollen belly. You could push infected fluid from the tick into your body if you squeeze it.

Gently pull the tick straight out until its mouth lets go of your skin. Do not twist the tick. This may break off the tick's body and leave the head in your skin.
Put the tick in a dry jar or ziplock bag and save it in the freezer for later identification if necessary.

After the tick has been removed, wash the area of the tick bite with a lot of warm water and soap. A mild dishwashing soap, such as Ivory, works well. Be sure to wash your hands well with soap and water also.

How To Remove A Tick From a Person's Skin

Better yet, smear the thing with Crisco and it'll come out on its own. They breathe through spiricals on their abdomen, if you block those with something like Crisco (or nail polish, etc), they come out to catch a breath of air. They'll be loose and you can pick them off easily.

Okay. All the stuff is out of the house, the cleaners will be by tomorrow to make it look pretty, I loaded up my truck (to the gills) and drove back down to Trinidad. No, not Trinidad Tobago, not sure I could have held my breath for that long a drive....... :eusa_whistle:
Nice to be back with the wife and cats after a week but have lots to do over the next few days and I'm already sore, in pain and exhausted.

dose yourself with painkillers, ice cream, and sitting in the shade of the deck at the end of the day. i have always liked Trinidad at this time of the year and that time of day.

The verdict is in from the doctor's office. Lab tests confirms the diagnosis of Lyme disease. At least now I know what the problem is. Started antibiotic meds.

You are going to hurt for a day or so, should be better some time on Saturday.

Stay cool, cool sheets, shades, you may have a super headache if you have not already, but you will get better soon.

So glad you know what it is, and that you are going to be better soon.

I can remember some humid uncomfortable days during the summer at Fort Wainwright, but absolutely nothing compared to the South at all. We would leave a club at 2pm at the sun would be up. Amazing place. Understand that child abuse and drugs and alcoholism have run Fairbanks into the ground the last 25 years.

The Interior is very different from Anchorage. If it' 70 here, it's hot, hot, hot.
Fairbanks isn't the only burgh affected by drugs, alcohol, and abuse. Seems many of the villages are so afflicted. A real shame, too. Alaska has some pretty high crime rates across the board. Maybe it's cabin fever?

The Interior is very different from Anchorage. If it' 70 here, it's hot, hot, hot.
Fairbanks isn't the only burgh affected by drugs, alcohol, and abuse. Seems many of the villages are so afflicted. A real shame, too. Alaska has some pretty high crime rates across the board. Maybe it's cabin fever?
Alaska is one of those "escape to" areas for some criminals. Many times they can disappear more easily and they continue to carry on their chosen "profession".

Forum List

Back