USMB Coffee Shop IV

VERY pretty, Mertex!! Can I come live with you? I will pitch a tipi back there in the yard and take care of it for ya. :)

Sure....but let me warn you....it's a lot of work......:eusa_whistle: We're only half done!:eek:

We were supposed to be back into the low 90's with diminished chance for rain today. At this hour - 3:40 p.m. - is 69 degrees out there with a huge big blob of rain south of us moving northeast and even spitting a few drops here. Makes you wonder who they have doing the weather forecasts these days.

another killer busy day. very limited time to post. hope you're all doing well

Today was one of those days when I should have stayed in bed. It is bad enough when you have one of those "fire drill" days because someone else screws up and you have to clean up the mess.

I had three, yes three separate fire drills today! :eek:

Asked Mrs Te if my clothes smelled of smoke when I got home it was that bad!

But I had my revenge at the end of the day. They are going to have to sign off in writing that they are assuming 100% of the risk moving forward cuz I am not going to take the blame for this kind of incompetence.

i have had one of the most stressful weeks of my life. withany luck this mess will all come to a close in a few weeks. it just keeps dragging on though

That sucks!

On the positive side today is Friday Eve! :D

The verdict is in from the doctor's office. Lab tests confirms the diagnosis of Lyme disease. At least now I know what the problem is. Started antibiotic meds.

Did they find a tick on you?

They should check behind BBD's knee!

And check Taco too since that is probably where the tick is now! :eek:

Good advice, BBD is probably too sick to do it but he has to try and find one that may be latched onto him. Check all over your hair, all over your body. Let your wife check Taco. If you find one, there's a way to take it off of you.

How to remove a tick

Use fine-tipped tweezers to remove a tick. If you don't have tweezers, put on gloves or cover your hands with tissue paper, then use your fingers. Do not handle the tick with bare hands.

Grab the tick as close to its mouth (the part that is stuck in your skin) as you can. The body of the tick will be above your skin.
Do not grab the tick around its swollen belly. You could push infected fluid from the tick into your body if you squeeze it.

Gently pull the tick straight out until its mouth lets go of your skin. Do not twist the tick. This may break off the tick's body and leave the head in your skin.
Put the tick in a dry jar or ziplock bag and save it in the freezer for later identification if necessary.

After the tick has been removed, wash the area of the tick bite with a lot of warm water and soap. A mild dishwashing soap, such as Ivory, works well. Be sure to wash your hands well with soap and water also.

How To Remove A Tick From a Person's Skin

Good advice, BBD is probably too sick to do it but he has to try and find one that may be latched onto him. Check all over your hair, all over your body. Let your wife check Taco. If you find one, there's a way to take it off of you.

How to remove a tick

Use fine-tipped tweezers to remove a tick. If you don't have tweezers, put on gloves or cover your hands with tissue paper, then use your fingers. Do not handle the tick with bare hands.

Grab the tick as close to its mouth (the part that is stuck in your skin) as you can. The body of the tick will be above your skin.
Do not grab the tick around its swollen belly. You could push infected fluid from the tick into your body if you squeeze it.

Gently pull the tick straight out until its mouth lets go of your skin. Do not twist the tick. This may break off the tick's body and leave the head in your skin.
Put the tick in a dry jar or ziplock bag and save it in the freezer for later identification if necessary.

After the tick has been removed, wash the area of the tick bite with a lot of warm water and soap. A mild dishwashing soap, such as Ivory, works well. Be sure to wash your hands well with soap and water also.

I feel -->
fainting-smiley.gif

How to remove a tick

I feel -->
fainting-smiley.gif

You feeling woosey sistah?

I feel -->
fainting-smiley.gif

You feeling woosey sistah?

Yeah, I think I'd rather watch someone get injected with a long needle than have a tick removed.

How to remove a tick

OR....put a match to it and watch it back track OR put some alcohol on it and watch it shrivel.

Gosh I didn't know of BBD's health deal. I have been working too much to keep up with me maties here. Tourist season won't be over until October, is. :thup: Man I do love the Canadians. :) They are as Americans used to be. Polite and friendly.

BBD, you sweetheart, I am so sorry for you but so glad it was diagnosed and treated properly. :smiliehug:

How to remove a tick

OR....put a match to it and watch it back track OR put some alcohol on it and watch it shrivel.

Gosh I didn't know of BBD's health deal. I have been working too much to keep up with me maties here. Tourist season won't be over until October, is. :thup: Man I do love the Canadians. :) They are as Americans used to be. Polite and friendly.

BBD, you sweetheart, I am so sorry for you but so glad it was diagnosed and treated properly. :smiliehug:

Yeah, lyme disease is no fun. Do they just do a blood test for it?

Forum List

Back