USMB Coffee Shop IV

Today is day no. 12 of the great Stat-Princess Statalina vacation.

Yesterday, on day 11, we noticed that Princess Statalina, who had already grown 1 inch whilst on vacation with her mother, is growing again, and the shorts that I thought would hold out for one last summer are now too small. So, off we went in the morning to buy shorts. Girls and shopping. Hmmm...

3 hours later, we came home with 3 shorts and 2 shirts. Don't anyone try to tell me that gals are not born with a shopping gene, I am not buying it! :lol:

We then went swimming (cuz you know, once you have developed gills, you might as well swim every day) and for the first time, she wanted to try the 3 meter board, but did a half-belly flop and cried. Good thing I was in the water with her. Otherwise, it was grand. And that pretty full bottle of SPF 50 sunlotion? Now empty. Ok, SPF 50 goes onto the shopping list.

Afterward, she really wanted pizza, so we stopped at a pizzeria where you get to watch the guys make, form and then swing the dough into the air. She completely forgot her hunger and was enthralled by the process. And, like Papa, she loves Tunafish on her pizza. I tell you, the apple does not fall far from the tree. Well, except for that shopping gene thing. And a slight cultural thing: in Germany, one does not eat pizza with one's fingers. Even the Al Bundys of Germany use a fork and a knive. And the little one is getting pretty darned good at cutting food without it landing in the next door neighbor's lawn. Whew.

Afterward, at home, she decided to do some tricks with the dog, using a hula hoop and a cup full of doggie treats. She got her room all tidied up to put on a show and then invited me for the price of "one sent" (ok, her English spelling needs work, but I was proud that she even wrote the ticket in English) to watch. She then did the famous Statalina-Klia hula hoop show! And then, just for fun, she danced to Mannheim Steamroller. Later, while I was off and on on USMB, she was Scooby Dooing and I was cleaning up the place. This is why I am often still officially online in USMB or online at all, but not really even close to the computer...

Today, my business is opened for the 2nd and final day during vacation, so her babysitter will be spending the day with her until 17:00 and then we will all cook together. Yesterday going into today also marks the halfway point of her vacation with me. What a joy, an absolute joy. She got to bed late last night, so I am using the morning hours to compute and get ready for the day. Why, I might even shave today!!

:lol:

Wishing you all a great Thursday!

-Stat

Sounds like you two are having a lot of fun.....but reading about it alone makes me tired...glad you have all that energy to do all those things with your sweet little daughter, Stat.....she's truly a very blessed little girl.

Before I go any further....let me say this:

th

The problem in North Carolina is the summer. You think the yard grew in and you hit mid July and it's dead. You're right about the year to really establish itself, even grass planted in September doesn't necessarily last the next summer, but it's the only grass that had a chance. It was only after the first mild summer when the grass was almost two years old that most of it lived through the summer.

I had no problem growing fescue lawns in New England.

Out here your yard looks dead until summer, the monsoon season. Then ya have a hard time keeping up with it! And weeds!!!! They iz everywhere!!!

I lived in California for a while. Two stories on that.

1) A guy I worked with was laughing because he said when he said to a native easterner like me he loved summer because it's so green and they looked at him like he was nuts.

2) Another native easterner said, "why do they call it the golden State? It's brown." I replied, "well, that's why you're not in marketing!" LOL.

One of the early marketing gimmicks for Colorado was "Colorful Colorado", I saw a bumper sticker here a while back with that on it and in parentheses below it; "all 267 shades of brown".
(Or some similar number).... I should have bought that one. :lol:

Last edited:
Out here your yard looks dead until summer, the monsoon season. Then ya have a hard time keeping up with it! And weeds!!!! They iz everywhere!!!

1) A guy I worked with was laughing because he said when he said to a native easterner like me he loved summer because it's so green and they looked at him like he was nuts.

2) Another native easterner said, "why do they call it the golden State? It's brown." I replied, "well, that's why you're not in marketing!" LOL.
Lived 28 years in California. It has two seasons...Well, three actually....

Wet, Hot and EFFIN HOT! <<--- BTW...that is a technical term. :D

Everything is dead in summer from the heat and lack of significant rainfall. Everything turns a pale green in winter as the rainfall increases but the temps don't climb very high or fall very low.

You in the central valley? I lived in San Jose, the weather was great

Everything is dead in summer from the heat and lack of significant rainfall. Everything turns a pale green in winter as the rainfall increases but the temps don't climb very high or fall very low.

Lived in Union City, Fremont, Milpitas before I left in 1981....then lived in Sacramento until 1998.....Bay Area was good...Sac was HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

One of the early marketing gimmicks for Colorado was "Colorful Colorado", I saw a bumper sticker here a while back with that on it and in parentheses below it; "all 267 shades of brown".
(Or some similar number).... I should have bought that one. :lol:
Yep..it would be worth serious money.

Let the women play, I say loudly...

Last edited by a moderator:
another killer busy day. very limited time to post. hope you're all doing well

Today was one of those days when I should have stayed in bed. It is bad enough when you have one of those "fire drill" days because someone else screws up and you have to clean up the mess.

I had three, yes three separate fire drills today! :eek:

Asked Mrs Te if my clothes smelled of smoke when I got home it was that bad!

But I had my revenge at the end of the day. They are going to have to sign off in writing that they are assuming 100% of the risk moving forward cuz I am not going to take the blame for this kind of incompetence.

i have had one of the most stressful weeks of my life. withany luck this mess will all come to a close in a few weeks. it just keeps dragging on though

Not much news. I have started playing" rage" on my new computer. I have also had some strange phone calls which I think were scams from foreign telephone number. I just hung up on them.

another killer busy day. very limited time to post. hope you're all doing well

Today was one of those days when I should have stayed in bed. It is bad enough when you have one of those "fire drill" days because someone else screws up and you have to clean up the mess.

I had three, yes three separate fire drills today! :eek:

Asked Mrs Te if my clothes smelled of smoke when I got home it was that bad!

But I had my revenge at the end of the day. They are going to have to sign off in writing that they are assuming 100% of the risk moving forward cuz I am not going to take the blame for this kind of incompetence.

i have had one of the most stressful weeks of my life. withany luck this mess will all come to a close in a few weeks. it just keeps dragging on though

hang in there

Today is day no. 12 of the great Stat-Princess Statalina vacation.

Yesterday, on day 11, we noticed that Princess Statalina, who had already grown 1 inch whilst on vacation with her mother, is growing again, and the shorts that I thought would hold out for one last summer are now too small. So, off we went in the morning to buy shorts. Girls and shopping. Hmmm...

3 hours later, we came home with 3 shorts and 2 shirts. Don't anyone try to tell me that gals are not born with a shopping gene, I am not buying it! :lol:

We then went swimming (cuz you know, once you have developed gills, you might as well swim every day) and for the first time, she wanted to try the 3 meter board, but did a half-belly flop and cried. Good thing I was in the water with her. Otherwise, it was grand. And that pretty full bottle of SPF 50 sunlotion? Now empty. Ok, SPF 50 goes onto the shopping list.

Afterward, she really wanted pizza, so we stopped at a pizzeria where you get to watch the guys make, form and then swing the dough into the air. She completely forgot her hunger and was enthralled by the process. And, like Papa, she loves Tunafish on her pizza. I tell you, the apple does not fall far from the tree. Well, except for that shopping gene thing. And a slight cultural thing: in Germany, one does not eat pizza with one's fingers. Even the Al Bundys of Germany use a fork and a knive. And the little one is getting pretty darned good at cutting food without it landing in the next door neighbor's lawn. Whew.

Afterward, at home, she decided to do some tricks with the dog, using a hula hoop and a cup full of doggie treats. She got her room all tidied up to put on a show and then invited me for the price of "one sent" (ok, her English spelling needs work, but I was proud that she even wrote the ticket in English) to watch. She then did the famous Statalina-Klia hula hoop show! And then, just for fun, she danced to Mannheim Steamroller. Later, while I was off and on on USMB, she was Scooby Dooing and I was cleaning up the place. This is why I am often still officially online in USMB or online at all, but not really even close to the computer...

Today, my business is opened for the 2nd and final day during vacation, so her babysitter will be spending the day with her until 17:00 and then we will all cook together. Yesterday going into today also marks the halfway point of her vacation with me. What a joy, an absolute joy. She got to bed late last night, so I am using the morning hours to compute and get ready for the day. Why, I might even shave today!!

:lol:

Wishing you all a great Thursday!

-Stat
My late mother in law was a war bride brought from an affluent Stuttgart family to West Virginia in 1947. She ate hamburgers and hot dogs with a knife and fork.

Foley, AL
11:16 AM CDT on August 07, 2014 (GMT -0500)
Myrtle Court (KALFOLEY3) Elev 65 ft | 30.40°N, 87.67°W | Change Station
Current weather conditions updated 1 sec ago
Scattered Clouds
Scattered Clouds
88.7 °F
Feels Like 102 °F
N
Wind from S
Gusts 7.0 mph

Today is forecast to be Cooler than yesterday. Isolated thunderstorms.
Today
High 90 | Low 76 °F
30% Chance of Precip.
Yesterday
High 95.8 | Low 72.2 °F
Precip. 0 in
Cooler than yesterday???? It feels like 102 now at 11:20. I have some work outside that NEEDS to be done and I can hardly breath just sitting here on the deck.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Lived in Union City, Fremont, Milpitas before I left in 1981....then lived in Sacramento until 1998.....Bay Area was good...Sac was HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Yes, it is. I have a story about that too. In 1990 or so, I worked at GE Information Services in Rockville, Maryland out side DC. This was before I lived in California. My boss lived in Sacramento. I went to his house working on a project in August, it was 100 degrees or so every day.

We wrapped up Friday, he asked what my plans were. I told him I was going to a game at Candle Stick Park and then flying home from San Francisco Saturday morning. He handed me his goose down hunting vest and said take this, you'll need it. I'll get it back when I'm in Maryland. I was like seriously, it's a hundred degrees. He said, trust me. I did.

So I go to the game, the weather was beautiful. I'm like what did he make me bring this for? Then ... the sun goes down. The breeze off San Francisco Bay is relentless. I was so glad he sent it with me.

Forum List

Back