USMB Coffee Shop IV

Spent most of the day running my ass off, a good thing..... The moving crew was back, got everything out of the house except what I'm taking back to Trinidad with me and the queen size sleeper sofa in the basement. I have no idea how anyone got it down there except through one of the windows. The only way it could have been done would have been remove the window and frame then reinstall the window and frame...... It's staying in the house.
Once everything was moved out they started pulling out everything that was to be trashed, finally got done around 3:15. Why am I tired? I was constantly running back and forth making sure everything that need to be packed was packed and put in storage, not the trash.
Of course silly me has been sleeping on an old Army cot and completely forgot about the sleeper sofa downstairs, not that it's mattress is in very good shape.........

Been there, done that.

And that is a shed? Looks big enough to be a cabin! So..where do I put my toothbrush when I arrive? :lol:

It's 16'x20'. I need a lot of storage space. Once I get back here, after my sabbatical in the Lesser 48, it may indeed become a cabin, or a barn, or a workshop.
If you were to visit now, we'd find you a place to put your brush in this:

That place needs purtied up with a womans touch, lol. But its doable!

I dunno. A little paint, a few flowers, couple of throw pillows......

igor_usare_il_gobbo.jpg

It's 16'x20'. I need a lot of storage space. Once I get back here, after my sabbatical in the Lesser 48, it may indeed become a cabin, or a barn, or a workshop.

igor_usare_il_gobbo.jpg

Thanks, dude!

Fescue takes over a year to germinate and establish itself. The grass you see within two or three weeks is rye.

The problem in North Carolina is the summer. You think the yard grew in and you hit mid July and it's dead. You're right about the year to really establish itself, even grass planted in September doesn't necessarily last the next summer, but it's the only grass that had a chance. It was only after the first mild summer when the grass was almost two years old that most of it lived through the summer.

I had no problem growing fescue lawns in New England.

Out here your yard looks dead until summer, the monsoon season. Then ya have a hard time keeping up with it! And weeds!!!! They iz everywhere!!!

I've been busy lately, too. We finally got the last roof truss in place yesterday. Right now, I'm waiting for my milk to curdle so I can put another batch of feta in the brine.
For all you lawn aficionados, take a look at the landscaping around that shed, that's my idea of a nice yard.

Wow, that is way to fancy to be a shed.....:)

igor_usare_il_gobbo.jpg

How did you manage to get a picture of Intolerant?

Thanks for the well-wishes and concerns today, eveybody. I managed to get to sleep and I slept from about 1100 until 1630. No pain at all when I woke up but I feel a bit tired. I might have slept a little bit longer if Taco didn't begin to lick my ears. Hope what ever was wrong with me has departed and this will be the end of it. Again, thanks for all of the concern.

Thanks for the well-wishes and concerns today, eveybody. I managed to get to sleep and I slept from about 1100 until 1630. No pain at all when I woke up but I feel a bit tired. I might have slept a little bit longer if Taco didn't begin to lick my ears. Hope what ever was wrong with me has departed and this will be the end of it. Again, thanks for all of the concern.

BBD, if it's Lyme disease the symptoms can disappear and reappear. The longer you wait the more damage it can do. Dude, I know how bad us medical folk are about getting ourselves checked out/treated...... Call your doctor and move the appointment up, ASAP!

Glad that the pain is gone, BBD...:thup:...however, the fact that you had pain in both legs, back, and arm should not be ignored, and you should still see a doctor ASAP. You need to get checked out to make sure all is ok. It may have been something minor like temporary muscle or nerve pains, however until you see a doc, you won't know for sure. Plus you'll also have a clear conscience...:)

A few months ago as we were walking back home from the park, we saw a fellow watering his lawn which was comprised almost entirely of weeds. I really tried not to laugh, but I just couldn't help it. Although I did apologize.

It wasn't the first time I saw this fellow watering the weeds...:lol:

Weeds are still green.
The difference between a yard of green weeds or green grass is simply because society has told you that grass is better. But is it? Weeds grow on their own, they don't need care and attention. Grass needs to be taken care of. Weeds are natural, that's why they thrive without needing the special care that grass requires.
I'm ok with natural. It's not like I'm farming, and a dandelion is still a flower.

A few months ago as we were walking back home from the park, we saw a fellow watering his lawn which was comprised almost entirely of weeds. I really tried not to laugh, but I just couldn't help it. Although I did apologize.

It wasn't the first time I saw this fellow watering the weeds...:lol:

Weeds are still green.
The difference between a yard of green weeds or green grass is simply because society has told you that grass is better. But is it? Weeds grow on their own, they don't need care and attention. Grass needs to be taken care of. Weeds are natural, that's why they thrive without needing the special care that grass requires.
I'm ok with natural. It's not like I'm farming, and a dandelion is still a flower.

That's how I look at it; they're all Nature's gifts. :eusa_angel:

BBD....that is good you got some rest...but...just because it went away doesn't mean it will stay gone. Go to your doc. A simple blood test can tell whether it is lyme disease. Keep having lab work done and ruling out different things until you find the cause. NO DAWDLING.

Glad you are feeling a little better, BBD!

Forum List

Back