USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hello everyone. :)

Foxy, Tracy can be taken off the list now. She's back to her normal, bouncy, loveable self. I for one am very pleased. :)
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers that would have come her way as a result of the vigil list. Its much appreciated. :)

Have to bid adieux....but just for a while. Pogo insists that adieux means forever in France, but here, we just mean for a little while.

th

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
Wellness for BBD,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Today is day no. 12 of the great Stat-Princess Statalina vacation.

Yesterday, on day 11, we noticed that Princess Statalina, who had already grown 1 inch whilst on vacation with her mother, is growing again, and the shorts that I thought would hold out for one last summer are now too small. So, off we went in the morning to buy shorts. Girls and shopping. Hmmm...

3 hours later, we came home with 3 shorts and 2 shirts. Don't anyone try to tell me that gals are not born with a shopping gene, I am not buying it! :lol:

We then went swimming (cuz you know, once you have developed gills, you might as well swim every day) and for the first time, she wanted to try the 3 meter board, but did a half-belly flop and cried. Good thing I was in the water with her. Otherwise, it was grand. And that pretty full bottle of SPF 50 sunlotion? Now empty. Ok, SPF 50 goes onto the shopping list.

Afterward, she really wanted pizza, so we stopped at a pizzeria where you get to watch the guys make, form and then swing the dough into the air. She completely forgot her hunger and was enthralled by the process. And, like Papa, she loves Tunafish on her pizza. I tell you, the apple does not fall far from the tree. Well, except for that shopping gene thing. And a slight cultural thing: in Germany, one does not eat pizza with one's fingers. Even the Al Bundys of Germany use a fork and a knive. And the little one is getting pretty darned good at cutting food without it landing in the next door neighbor's lawn. Whew.

Afterward, at home, she decided to do some tricks with the dog, using a hula hoop and a cup full of doggie treats. She got her room all tidied up to put on a show and then invited me for the price of "one sent" (ok, her English spelling needs work, but I was proud that she even wrote the ticket in English) to watch. She then did the famous Statalina-Klia hula hoop show! And then, just for fun, she danced to Mannheim Steamroller. Later, while I was off and on on USMB, she was Scooby Dooing and I was cleaning up the place. This is why I am often still officially online in USMB or online at all, but not really even close to the computer...

Today, my business is opened for the 2nd and final day during vacation, so her babysitter will be spending the day with her until 17:00 and then we will all cook together. Yesterday going into today also marks the halfway point of her vacation with me. What a joy, an absolute joy. She got to bed late last night, so I am using the morning hours to compute and get ready for the day. Why, I might even shave today!!

:lol:

Wishing you all a great Thursday!

-Stat

Well, here I am again... It's just after 0300 and I woke up hurting all over with pain in legs, lower back, shoulders, right arm and left arm elbow. I surrender... I will be seeking medical care this morning. If I had to guess, I'm thinking I have lyme disease. I talked to my buddy, the vet, last night for about 20 minutes and he says they are seeing lots of it in dogs coming into his clinic. I'm pretty much beaten down. I'm pretty tired and achy-breaky. It's time. Will let you all know what the verdict is later on today if possible.

Well, here I am again... It's just after 0300 and I woke up hurting all over with pain in legs, lower back, shoulders, right arm and left arm elbow. I surrender... I will be seeking medical care this morning. If I had to guess, I'm thinking I have lyme disease. I talked to my buddy, the vet, last night for about 20 minutes and he says they are seeing lots of it in dogs coming into his clinic. I'm pretty much beaten down. I'm pretty tired and achy-breaky. It's time. Will let you all know what the verdict is later on today if possible.

Stubborn man. But at least you will do something about it today! And yes, do let us know what happens. A blood test will say whether it is lyme disease. And if it isn't....then tell the doc you want answers because this is unacceptable.

You should take yourself to the hospital right away, BBD. Don't wait until morning.

Good for you. Go get it checked out. It's important. You are important to us here in USMB.

Fescue takes over a year to germinate and establish itself. The grass you see within two or three weeks is rye.

The problem in North Carolina is the summer. You think the yard grew in and you hit mid July and it's dead. You're right about the year to really establish itself, even grass planted in September doesn't necessarily last the next summer, but it's the only grass that had a chance. It was only after the first mild summer when the grass was almost two years old that most of it lived through the summer.

I had no problem growing fescue lawns in New England.

Out here your yard looks dead until summer, the monsoon season. Then ya have a hard time keeping up with it! And weeds!!!! They iz everywhere!!!

I lived in California for a while. Two stories on that.

1) A guy I worked with was laughing because he said when he said to a native easterner like me he loved summer because it's so green and they looked at him like he was nuts.

2) Another native easterner said, "why do they call it the golden State? It's brown." I replied, "well, that's why you're not in marketing!" LOL.

My stepson has lyme. Same symptoms as arthritis, which sounds a great deal like yours. You will have to ask specifically for the test as doctors won't think to test it out. Notice an bulls-eye marks recently or have you been in the forest/woods or skinning deer?

The problem in North Carolina is the summer. You think the yard grew in and you hit mid July and it's dead. You're right about the year to really establish itself, even grass planted in September doesn't necessarily last the next summer, but it's the only grass that had a chance. It was only after the first mild summer when the grass was almost two years old that most of it lived through the summer.

I had no problem growing fescue lawns in New England.

Out here your yard looks dead until summer, the monsoon season. Then ya have a hard time keeping up with it! And weeds!!!! They iz everywhere!!!

I lived in California for a while. Two stories on that.

1) A guy I worked with was laughing because he said when he said to a native easterner like me he loved summer because it's so green and they looked at him like he was nuts.

2) Another native easterner said, "why do they call it the golden State? It's brown." I replied, "well, that's why you're not in marketing!" LOL.
Lived 28 years in California. It has two seasons...Well, three actually....

Wet, Hot and EFFIN HOT! <<--- BTW...that is a technical term. :D

Everything is dead in summer from the heat and lack of significant rainfall. Everything turns a pale green in winter as the rainfall increases but the temps don't climb very high or fall very low.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back