USMB Coffee Shop IV

I've been busy lately, too. We finally got the last roof truss in place yesterday. Right now, I'm waiting for my milk to curdle so I can put another batch of feta in the brine.
For all you lawn aficionados, take a look at the landscaping around that shed, that's my idea of a nice yard.

You are building that? Which one is you? Great job!!

I've been busy lately, too. We finally got the last roof truss in place yesterday. Right now, I'm waiting for my milk to curdle so I can put another batch of feta in the brine.
For all you lawn aficionados, take a look at the landscaping around that shed, that's my idea of a nice yard.

You are building that? Which one is you? Great job!!

I'm the one with the muscles and mosquito armor. It's been tough 'cause I can only get a day at a time. I'm sure I'll have that weather-tight before the snow flies. Then I can start moving my stuff into storage.

And that is a shed? Looks big enough to be a cabin! So..where do I put my toothbrush when I arrive? :lol:

"Weeds" are in the eye of the beholder. Some of us call them "volunteers". :eusa_angel:

After all who's to say that these short grasses we're standardized to are the best use of land?
hmmm...you may have something there. Weeds could indeed be in the eye of the beholder, and if it'll save me $$$ on weed spray and lawn fertilizer, then I'll gladly be the beholder. I'll explain this to the neighbors tonight and see their reaction, not to mention Mrs Jughead...:lol:

I just happen to have the figures from seven years in this house...

Grass seed ....... $0.00
Lawn Fertilizer... $0.00
Weed treatment.. $0.00 (minus labor in garden)
Watering lawn..... 0 gallons, 0 days
Volunteers.......... Xthousand blackberries and indeterminate amount of firewood

On the other hand I did have to unseat a cat who thinks he's a bird from unmowed trees, three times.

:coffee:
The idea has possibilities. Does anyone know of any Gardner who'll accept payment in the form of hamburgers? Let me rephrase that...does anyone know another Jughead who's familiar with yard work?

I'm miserable... Can't sleep. 10-325 Norco doesn't help. I've got pain in both legs, lower back, shoulders and my right arm. I'm cold. Haven't been eating and as a result I've lost 20 pounds. Generalized weakness. I have an appointment with my doctor next week but I don't know if I can hold out that long. Time for some action. Got something going on... Wonder what?

If you are having that much pain, go to the doc's NOW. Don't wait. This seems to be increasingly bad.

The motion is seconded. You need to get to a doc BBD, go to the ER if you have to.

Maybe he just likes to see new growth of any kind...:lol:
I still can't get that scene out of my mind. It took a lot of effort to stop myself from literally rolling on the sidewalk ..:lol:

It sounds like my neighbor's yard. And he's got sprinklers for the weeds! Poor guy. He is actually trying.
They have some weed sprays out there that will eliminate weeds almost overnight. Combine that will lawn fertilizer twice yearly, watering twice daily with the auto sprinklers, and you'll have a great looking lawn.

I still can't get that scene out of my mind. It took a lot of effort to stop myself from literally rolling on the sidewalk ..:lol:

It sounds like my neighbor's yard. And he's got sprinklers for the weeds! Poor guy. He is actually trying.
They have some weed sprays out there that will eliminate weeds almost overnight. Combine that will lawn fertilizer twice yearly, watering twice daily with the auto sprinklers, and you'll have a great looking lawn.

For us, we have a yard service. They come like six times a year and spray. They seed in the fall and aerate the yard. They also spray for bermuda grass when we need it.

We live in Cary, in the triangle, which is referred to as the "Containment Area for Relocated Yankees." We moved here from Connecticut, LOL.

It is like living in New England, and everyone has fescue, which is not a good choice in North Carolina, it's a cooler weather grass.

We don't have trouble with weeds in the lawn. But we do get the bermuda grass, which they have gotten good at limiting. We also get weeds in cracks and areas without grass.

For my neighbor, the problem is he bought the house in the spring and the only time you can grow fescue is in the fall. He's doing his best, but it's weeds or bare ground until September. You can plant it in the spring, but it will never live through summer.

Last edited:
And that is a shed? Looks big enough to be a cabin! So..where do I put my toothbrush when I arrive? :lol:

It's 16'x20'. I need a lot of storage space. Once I get back here, after my sabbatical in the Lesser 48, it may indeed become a cabin, or a barn, or a workshop.
If you were to visit now, we'd find you a place to put your brush in this:

Attachments

• $home.jpg
    $home.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 19
hmmm...you may have something there. Weeds could indeed be in the eye of the beholder, and if it'll save me $$$ on weed spray and lawn fertilizer, then I'll gladly be the beholder. I'll explain this to the neighbors tonight and see their reaction, not to mention Mrs Jughead...:lol:

I just happen to have the figures from seven years in this house...

Grass seed ....... $0.00
Lawn Fertilizer... $0.00
Weed treatment.. $0.00 (minus labor in garden)
Watering lawn..... 0 gallons, 0 days
Volunteers.......... Xthousand blackberries and indeterminate amount of firewood

On the other hand I did have to unseat a cat who thinks he's a bird from unmowed trees, three times.

:coffee:
The idea has possibilities. Does anyone know of any Gardner who'll accept payment in the form of hamburgers? Let me rephrase that...does anyone know another Jughead who's familiar with yard work?

Where do I send the directions to? P.S. We eat pretty well.

I'm miserable... Can't sleep. 10-325 Norco doesn't help. I've got pain in both legs, lower back, shoulders and my right arm. I'm cold. Haven't been eating and as a result I've lost 20 pounds. Generalized weakness. I have an appointment with my doctor next week but I don't know if I can hold out that long. Time for some action. Got something going on... Wonder what?

Yes, call your doctor ASAP. If he refuses to see you I suggest that you tell him you are going to the ER and that your lawyer will be meeting you there.

Fescue takes over a year to germinate and establish itself. The grass you see within two or three weeks is rye.

Hearing no further discussion on the motion, the motion is moved to a vote. Show of hands aye...
Nay... motion passes.

It's 16'x20'. I need a lot of storage space. Once I get back here, after my sabbatical in the Lesser 48, it may indeed become a cabin, or a barn, or a workshop.

That place needs purtied up with a womans touch, lol. But its doable!

That place needs purtied up with a womans touch, lol. But its doable!

You haven't seen inside. And all those tarps will go away once I get that shed completely finished. Plus, the tarps on the right of the pic cover future fire wood. Most of my construction materials will be moved under cover as soon as I can.

another killer busy day. very limited time to post. hope you're all doing well

Today was one of those days when I should have stayed in bed. It is bad enough when you have one of those "fire drill" days because someone else screws up and you have to clean up the mess.

I had three, yes three separate fire drills today! :eek:

Asked Mrs Te if my clothes smelled of smoke when I got home it was that bad!

But I had my revenge at the end of the day. They are going to have to sign off in writing that they are assuming 100% of the risk moving forward cuz I am not going to take the blame for this kind of incompetence.

Fescue takes over a year to germinate and establish itself. The grass you see within two or three weeks is rye.

The problem in North Carolina is the summer. You think the yard grew in and you hit mid July and it's dead. You're right about the year to really establish itself, even grass planted in September doesn't necessarily last the next summer, but it's the only grass that had a chance. It was only after the first mild summer when the grass was almost two years old that most of it lived through the summer.

I had no problem growing fescue lawns in New England.

Spent most of the day running my ass off, a good thing..... The moving crew was back, got everything out of the house except what I'm taking back to Trinidad with me and the queen size sleeper sofa in the basement. I have no idea how anyone got it down there except through one of the windows. The only way it could have been done would have been remove the window and frame then reinstall the window and frame...... It's staying in the house.
Once everything was moved out they started pulling out everything that was to be trashed, finally got done around 3:15. Why am I tired? I was constantly running back and forth making sure everything that need to be packed was packed and put in storage, not the trash.
Of course silly me has been sleeping on an old Army cot and completely forgot about the sleeper sofa downstairs, not that it's mattress is in very good shape.........

Forum List

Back