USMB Coffee Shop IV

Okay. All the stuff is out of the house, the cleaners will be by tomorrow to make it look pretty, I loaded up my truck (to the gills) and drove back down to Trinidad. No, not Trinidad Tobago, not sure I could have held my breath for that long a drive....... :eusa_whistle:
Nice to be back with the wife and cats after a week but have lots to do over the next few days and I'm already sore, in pain and exhausted.

dose yourself with painkillers, ice cream, and sitting in the shade of the deck at the end of the day. i have always liked Trinidad at this time of the year and that time of day.

You like Trinidad??!! When was the last time you had a brain scan.........? :eusa_whistle:

I can remember some humid uncomfortable days during the summer at Fort Wainwright, but absolutely nothing compared to the South at all. We would leave a club at 2pm at the sun would be up. Amazing place. Understand that child abuse and drugs and alcoholism have run Fairbanks into the ground the last 25 years.

The Interior is very different from Anchorage. If it' 70 here, it's hot, hot, hot.
Fairbanks isn't the only burgh affected by drugs, alcohol, and abuse. Seems many of the villages are so afflicted. A real shame, too. Alaska has some pretty high crime rates across the board. Maybe it's cabin fever?
Alaska is one of those "escape to" areas for some criminals. Many times they can disappear more easily and they continue to carry on their chosen "profession".

Lots of times, they just disappear. There's a lot of unclaimed real estate and every other homestead has their own backhoe.

I could also work a little magic......

medicine_man_cheyene.jpg

Which is why listening to us telling you to go to the doctor is good, but letting us practice medicine, not so much.

"Dodgeball 2" now in production staring Liam Neeson.

Attachments

• $LiamNeesonDodgeball.jpg
    $LiamNeesonDodgeball.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 20
Another sleepless night... How many ways can you spell "achy breaky"? Maybe tomorrow will be a better day... This pain and lack of sleep is beginning to "tick" me off.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
Wellness for BBD,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Can't sleep. I hate insomnia. I'm so tired too. You'd think with this amount of tired a person could sleep. I'm walking now, well, limping. Doctor says I'm doing great. I'm back to cooking too. Lost weight when my husband was cooking. My friend says I should make my husband cook all the time.

When yer old....sleep is something we like to remember fondly, lol.

I take 8mgs of melatonin. Sometimes it works..sometimes it doesn't. I'm getting used to being up til 4am now. Good thing Frasier comes on at 1am..it keeps me occupied.

Today is day 13 of the Papa-Stat-Princess-Statalina Vacation.

Yesterday was the 2nd and last day that I opened my business during vacation, the next 11 days are now vacation pure.

Yesterday evening was pooch-bathing evening. The dog now smells like vanilla and roses. :D

Today, little Princess Statalina is going to visted a "Fairy Tale Forest" (Märchenwald) in a place called Bad Breisig and later, we are all going swimming (surprise, surprise).

Easy, fun Friday, just the way I like it.

Have a good one, folks.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back