Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Ernie and his friend Royce's family, especially Alisha, as they prepare for the final goodbye,
Sheila and Andrew,
Noomi's impending oral surgery,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and cousin,
Ollie's daughter Angie,
Mertex as she prepares for the final goodbye for her friend,
Ringel and his family in transition and Mrs. Ringel's impending surgery,
Grandma's injured 12-yr-old family member,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Random surfing on youtube can yield something extraordinary on occasions. Having been bored tonight after the wife went to bed, I thought that I'd just fill in some time and chose to surf surprising voices...

Look at the voice I turned up..

Shy singer surprises and melts Simons heart - YouTube

Oh Wow....that was amazing.....such a beautiful voice. Thanks for sharing....:)
Wasn't that absolutely unbelievable?

I played it again with My eyes closed and the clarity and sultriness of her voice took Me to a tiny little speak easy in the early 1020's, with a spot-light that showed just the head and shoulders of the singer.....and I could see a darkened room, with smoke waifing(sp?) around in the spotlight and the singer all but crying....

Sorry guys...I don't normally talk about Hollywood and these kinds of show (though I get the attraction) but I just found her voice incredible.

She's got a very unique voice, soft, sultry and strong, too....definitely see stars in her future. And, she seemed so humble, she couldn't believe the positive reaction she received.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Caffeineloading_zpsaee613b1.png

Good morning, Happy Monday and a good Memorial Day to all.

Memorial-Day_2.jpg

In honor of our soldiers, three pictures of one of the greatest Generals in our history (who also went on to become President of these Unites States) drinking coffee:

r-98499219-large570.jpg

General Dwight David Eisenhower

dwight_eisenhower_eating_breakfast.jpg

Dwight D. Eisenhower, eating breakfast aboard a plane. Next to him is Auto Executive Paul G. Hoffman. This pic is one of the very first two pics I posted in the coffee series starting back in January. It is a repeat pic. The next is not a repeater:

dwight_eisenhower_eating_donut.jpg

Again, Dwight D. Eisenhower drinking coffee and eating donuts!

Dwight D. Eisenhower served 8 years as our President (1953-1961), but he served for more than FOURTY years in the US military:

Military career of Dwight D. Eisenhower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dwight David Eisenhower

He served from 1915-1952 and from 1961-1969.

:thup:

"I like Ike"

Last edited:
And, some soldiers drinking coffee:

fbeedea3.jpg

U.S. Army Command Sgt. Maj. xxxxxx xxxxxx drinks a cup of coffee inside of a compound at Shele Kalay, Kandahar province, Afghanistan, Jan. 16, 2012. xxxxx, from 5th Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, was enjoying the hot drink after clearing the compound before sunrise.

8bb83b59.jpg

U.S. Army Command Sgt. Maj. xxxxxx xxxxxx pours coffee for Lt. Col. xxxxxxx xxxxx inside of a compound at Shele Kalay, Kandahar province, Afghanistan, Jan. 16, 2012. The soldiers, both from 5th Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, were enjoying the hot drink after clearing the compound before sunrise.

Source.

atwar_coffee2-blog480.jpg

Battle-weary Marines of the 22nd Regiment drank coffee after heavy fighting on Einwetok Atoll in the Pacific Theater in February 1944.

atwar_coffee_1-blog480.jpg

Marines from 1st Battalion, 9th Marine Regiment in the Green Bean at Camp Dwyer, in the Helmand Province, Afghanistan, after completing their deployment in December 2011.

Source for those last two photos:

http://atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/08/16/the-marines-secret-weapon-coffee/

:)

We got a call from my son this evening. While visiting relatives in West Virginia, a 12-year-old member of the extended family was in some sort of ATV accident with another kid. The 12-year-old was hurt pretty bad, stitches and broken bones. The other kid died.

We won't have any more information before tomorrow.

I have no words....

My condolences to you and your extended family.

I think today I'm going to dig out a little grill I have in the shop that's still new in the box, hit the store and get a small bag of charcoal, and see if I can't burn a burger and a couple brats. Been awful busy the last couple of days so I'm going to just relax and enjoy the peace and quiet at my own home.

I think today I'm going to dig out a little grill I have in the shop that's still new in the box, hit the store and get a small bag of charcoal, and see if I can't burn a burger and a couple brats. Been awful busy the last couple of days so I'm going to just relax and enjoy the peace and quiet at my own home.

Sounds like a good plan.

Things are a little different here in Germany. Today is not a holiday for me, officially, and I just had 3 appointments, and four more hours of appointments, from 6-10 tonight, plus and especially long day tomorrow and Wednesday.

But Thursday IS a Holiday in Germany (Corpus Christi) and it is also Father's Day here, so my little one, who will be having her regular bi-weekly weekend visit this coming weekend anyway, will already come to visit Papa on Thursday for an extended weekend. As a Father's Day gift, we are going to a Dinosaur Exhibition on Thursday! My little sweetie loves three D's:

-Dogs
-Dolls (Barbie, Barbie, Barbie :lol: )
-Dinos

So, have a good one today, [MENTION=1322]007[/MENTION].

We got a call from my son this evening. While visiting relatives in West Virginia, a 12-year-old member of the extended family was in some sort of ATV accident with another kid. The 12-year-old was hurt pretty bad, stitches and broken bones. The other kid died.

We won't have any more information before tomorrow.

I have no words....

Oh, really sorry to hear about that, Grandma.

Been up at my dad's place since yesterday going though tons of paperwork. He still had items from back in the 40s and I found a picture of my great, great, grandfather taken in 1917. He was with the Iron Brigade during the Civil War, also found some genealogy papers/history about the family he married into. They were doing research and had contacted my grandfather in 1947 for information as well as providing a short historical synopsis.
There are hundreds of family photos dating back to the early 1900s and we'll have to get all those photos transferred to a digital format.

Sounds like a plan. My daughter insists that I have never taught her how to BBQ! :eek:

If that is true then I have failed to do my duty! :badgrin:

So I am going to have check the garage to see if I have any charcoal left over otherwise it will be a run down to the store for me too.

Sounds like a good plan.

Things are a little different here in Germany. Today is not a holiday for me, officially, and I just had 3 appointments, and four more hours of appointments, from 6-10 tonight, plus and especially long day tomorrow and Wednesday.

But Thursday IS a Holiday in Germany (Corpus Christi) and it is also Father's Day here, so my little one, who will be having her regular bi-weekly weekend visit this coming weekend anyway, will already come to visit Papa on Thursday for an extended weekend. As a Father's Day gift, we are going to a Dinosaur Exhibition on Thursday! My little sweetie loves three D's:

-Dogs
-Dolls (Barbie, Barbie, Barbie :lol: )
-Dinos

So, have a good one today, [MENTION=1322]007[/MENTION].

I can recall taking my own daughter to the Russian dinosaur exhibition. That was where I figured out why T-Rex have such short stubby little forearms. The head of the Russian version of the T-Rex was too heavy to mount so they were using a replica and had the original on a pedestal for close up examination. By sheer coincidence the head was right under one of the stubby arms.

I was examining the teeth and the claws and then I made the connection. The claws are toothpicks. T-Rex was chowing down with those massive jaws through flesh, tendons and bones with a set of serrated steak knives for teeth. But some of that would have got stuck between them. So when T-Rex was finished he would just have lowered his head onto his chest between the two arms and picked away at anything that was stuck.

Prehistoric dentistry at it's finest! :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back