USMB Coffee Shop IV

73 here in Foley this morning (10:48) and partly cloudy. Nice breeze out here on the deck. High today of 83 with rain forecast for tomorrow and Sunday.

Tomorrow night we will have The Highway 98 band at Doc's for a birthday party for my partner Max and out bartender "Little Bit"
Little Bit is a great bartender with a fantastic personality and attitude, but the poor thing must stand on a box to reach the cash register. She's 4'10" and 85 pounds.

So, it will be a busy day. Texas Hold'em starts at 2 PM and I should have 2 tournaments done by 6 or so. An hour to clean up and stow the tables and we can start setting up for the band.
They'll play 'til 1 AM and will be broken down and out the door by closing at 2.
Clean up will last 'til about 4 followed by breakfast at Waffle House. I should be in bed by 6:30 or 7 and back at the bar at 1PM.

I really wish some of my fellow Coffee Shop denizens lived closer. I'd love for y'all to stop by.

Well, folks, that was one of the nicest and most fullfilling New Year's (Rosh Hashonah) spiritual celebrations I ever had. I ended up at a Synagogue in Cologne and it was a very, very moving experience. Most Jews in the diaspora celebrate Rosh Hashonah over 2 days, so this is why I went offline on Wednesday evening shortly before Erev (the eve of) Rosh Hashonah and am back online now.

The eve of Yom Kippur is now in seven days...

Hope you all had a good time over the last two days. Best to you.

-Stat

73 here in Foley this morning (10:48) and partly cloudy. Nice breeze out here on the deck. High today of 83 with rain forecast for tomorrow and Sunday.

Tomorrow night we will have The Highway 98 band at Doc's for a birthday party for my partner Max and out bartender "Little Bit"
Little Bit is a great bartender with a fantastic personality and attitude, but the poor thing must stand on a box to reach the cash register. She's 4'10" and 85 pounds.

So, it will be a busy day. Texas Hold'em starts at 2 PM and I should have 2 tournaments done by 6 or so. An hour to clean up and stow the tables and we can start setting up for the band.
They'll play 'til 1 AM and will be broken down and out the door by closing at 2.
Clean up will last 'til about 4 followed by breakfast at Waffle House. I should be in bed by 6:30 or 7 and back at the bar at 1PM.

I really wish some of my fellow Coffee Shop denizens lived closer. I'd love for y'all to stop by.
I could probably do some damage at one of those Sunday at 3PM Euchre tournaments. They used to have them here but for some reason not any more. Wish they did. More times than not I'd finish in the money.

Hope you all are well and enjoying a good Hump Day.

Tonight starts Rosh Hashonah, so I'll be back on in a couple of days.

L shana Tova Tikatevu 5775 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Y'all have fun, now!

You have a great Rosh Hashanah!!!!!!!
106538.gif

Hey, @peach174 - thanks for the kind wishes!

Statistically, someone on this thread, or their mate, might have a medical issue that would leave them the option of no longer being able to have that sort of intimacy without taking a pill. I would imagine that whether it's a younger man, or an older gentleman, it must be a frustrating experience. Especially if you're in a long term relationship, do you just give up on that part of it?? I would respect a man who would put his pride aside and be most concerned about the needs of his partner. For a lot of women, it might not matter, but I think it's a decision for each couple...and I'm sure many are super thankful for the advancements in medicine that allow them a choice to continue to express themselves in that way if they so desire.

Well said. Btw....I had brats for dinner. Delicious. :D

Homemade-Salami-5.jpg

Nice, slick segue!!!

Made the drive down to Roswell, NM this morning, got something to eat and went antiquing. Tomorrow the wife wants to hit the UFO museum, I'm sure it'll be a lot of laughs. Might head up to Fort Sumner midday before heading home, we'll see.

The museum at Ft. Sumner is worth seeing for those who are antique aficionados. Not much else there unless you want to drive out to what they claim to be Billy the Kid's grave.

Hope you're watching for prong horn on that long loooooooooong stretch between Roswell and Vaughn--100 miles of absolutely nothing and yet I find it oddly fascinating. It definitely gives one a different perspective on over population problems since there is almost no discernible population out there..

How many facebook users do we have here? Well, have you heard about this yet?

Facebook to charge 2.99 monthly fee starting November - Load the Game

Will you pay or no?
I think we hear that kind of thing every 6 months or so. It never really happens.

Yeah it is a hoax that different numbnuts stir up periodically. Here's the full skinny on it courtesy of Snopes--the original rumor back in 2012 with an update for 2014:
snopes.com Will Facebook Be Charging for Services
Well, there's very little I'd ever trust snopes.com to tell the truth about, but it does appear it's not true. I did hear it before, but I thought with suckerburg selling facebook on the open market, that now there's shareholders and a board of directors, and they all want profit, so, start charging people. But, again, looks like it's an ongoing hoax.
Snopes is only reliable when they substantiate my points. :wink_2:
LOL... I hear that... but it slowly became apparent that snopes had a definite liberal slant, so they looked into who was behind it, and here it's just an old hippie couple in California. No big staff, no investigators, no nothing, just a couple old liberals deciding whether or not something is true based on their leftist agenda. I look at everything they say with a very large dose of skepticism.

How are you doing this fine day, ma' lady?

So, with that, I guess you're not believing Snopes that the "Facebook charging story" may not be a hoax but just something out of their leftist agenda? :D

Made the drive down to Roswell, NM this morning, got something to eat and went antiquing. Tomorrow the wife wants to hit the UFO museum, I'm sure it'll be a lot of laughs. Might head up to Fort Sumner midday before heading home, we'll see.

The museum at Ft. Sumner is worth seeing for those who are antique aficionados. Not much else there unless you want to drive out to what they claim to be Billy the Kid's grave.

Hope you're watching for prong horn on that long loooooooooong stretch between Roswell and Vaughn--100 miles of absolutely nothing and yet I find it oddly fascinating. It definitely gives one a different perspective on over population problems since there is almost no discernible population out there..
Always watching for pronghorn, they're everywhere on the trip from Trinidad to Pueblo and saw a few on the trip to and back from Roswell. That section between Roswell and Vaughn is a long one but so is the section between Las Vegas and Raton, I'm exhausted.
Decided to do Fort Sumner another day but did some research and reading on the Lincoln County War last night and as expected the facts are not what we have been fed by the likes of Ned Buntline and Hollywood. Lets just say the Chisolm, Tunstall, McSween cable were less then stellar characters......

Talk about a visual I didn't need..... Our "address" has been randomly selected to participate in the Census Bureaus American Community Survey...... Participation by legal mandate...... :mad:

Talk about a visual I didn't need..... Our "address" has been randomly selected to participate in the Census Bureaus American Community Survey...... Participation by legal mandate...... :mad:
Time for a creative writing project!
By law, intentionally false responses can result in a $500 fine......... It's supposed to "help" my community..... I've only been here since Dec and don't know or care about my community. Heck I'm trying to get out of here........

$100 max fine for failing to answer... I wonder how bad they would push it.
From my research they haven't prosecuted anyone since the 1970 Census but it appears they "harass" the hell out of non-respondents including threatening them with prosecution. So I guess if I'm adamant about not doing it I can put up with the harassment for a period of time.
They claim the max fine is $5000 and up to one year in jail.

Last edited:
Good evening folks! Watching the Bucs trying to beat the Reds. Let's go Buccos!

Always watching for pronghorn, they're everywhere on the trip from Trinidad to Pueblo and saw a few on the trip to and back from Roswell. That section between Roswell and Vaughn is a long one but so is the section between Las Vegas and Raton, I'm exhausted.
Decided to do Fort Sumner another day but did some research and reading on the Lincoln County War last night and as expected the facts are not what we have been fed by the likes of Ned Buntline and Hollywood. Lets just say the Chisolm, Tunstall, McSween cable were less then stellar characters......

It is just like any other of the thousands of tales and folklore in our culture that have some kernels of historical truth but have so morphed into legend in the telling and retelling that a whole lot of it has to be taken with a liberal grain of salt.

$100 max fine for failing to answer... I wonder how bad they would push it.
From my research they haven't prosecuted anyone since the 1970 Census but it appears they "harass" the hell out of non-respondents including threatening them with prosecution. So I guess if I'm adamant about not doing it I can put up with the harassment for a period of time.
They claim the max fine is $5000 and up to one year in jail.
I refused to answer their inane questions for the 2010 census. They kept coming to the house, and I kept saying "Two" and closing the door.

They threatened to prosecute and I said "I'll pay the $100. Send me a bill." They finally stopped harassing me.

It is just like any other of the thousands of tales and folklore in our culture that have some kernels of historical truth but have so morphed into legend in the telling and retelling that a whole lot of it has to be taken with a liberal grain of salt.
Heck, in this case a block of salt might not be sufficient....... :lol:

Forum List

Back