USMB Coffee Shop IV

625658_510696132302603_1392924800_n.jpg

How many facebook users do we have here? Well, have you heard about this yet?

Facebook to charge 2.99 monthly fee starting November - Load the Game

Will you pay or no?
I think we hear that kind of thing every 6 months or so. It never really happens.

Yeah it is a hoax that different numbnuts stir up periodically. Here's the full skinny on it courtesy of Snopes--the original rumor back in 2012 with an update for 2014:
snopes.com Will Facebook Be Charging for Services

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi and Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
007's Mom,
Pogo's aunt,
Derideo_te for comfort and healing,
Sarah G for comfort and healing,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery.
Mrs. Hossfly Liz, and Hossfly
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, and Becki.

autumn-candles-nice-beautiful-colorful-leaves-31149750.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

And I agree... you ladies have had your intimate baggage drug out in tv ads for a long time too. I think it's too bad.

We had an ad here about sanitary napkins. Girl leaves the house with her parents, and her boyfriend plays with her pads and sticks them all over his body and pretends to be an airplane - until the girl and the parents walk in on him.
The thing about those ads is that they always seem to make the guy come across as stupid.

Probably because men are stupid for not having periods....I guess? :omg:

No, they are lucky, lol.
We have to live with you those 6 or 7 days every month. That ain't no picnic.

Lol. I would have to agree. Its hard to live with myself then lol.

Will you pay or no?
I think we hear that kind of thing every 6 months or so. It never really happens.

Yeah it is a hoax that different numbnuts stir up periodically. Here's the full skinny on it courtesy of Snopes--the original rumor back in 2012 with an update for 2014:
Well, there's very little I'd ever trust snopes.com to tell the truth about, but it does appear it's not true. I did hear it before, but I thought with suckerburg selling facebook on the open market, that now there's shareholders and a board of directors, and they all want profit, so, start charging people. But, again, looks like it's an ongoing hoax.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
I'm been up for about an hour now, the motel bed was rather comfortable, or I was simply exhausted..... :D
The wife is still sleeping and I think I'll go to the lobby and get some more coffee........

Will you pay or no?

Well, there's very little I'd ever trust snopes.com to tell the truth about, but it does appear it's not true. I did hear it before, but I thought with suckerburg selling facebook on the open market, that now there's shareholders and a board of directors, and they all want profit, so, start charging people. But, again, looks like it's an ongoing hoax.
Snopes is only reliable when they substantiate my points. :wink_2:

Will you pay or no?

LOL... I hear that... but it slowly became apparent that snopes had a definite liberal slant, so they looked into who was behind it, and here it's just an old hippie couple in California. No big staff, no investigators, no nothing, just a couple old liberals deciding whether or not something is true based on their leftist agenda. I look at everything they say with a very large dose of skepticism.

How are you doing this fine day, ma' lady?

• Thanks

Will you pay or no?

LOL... I hear that... but it slowly became apparent that snopes had a definite liberal slant, so they looked into who was behind it, and here it's just an old hippie couple in California. No big staff, no investigators, no nothing, just a couple old liberals deciding whether or not something is true based on their leftist agenda. I look at everything they say with a very large dose of skepticism.

How are you doing this fine day, ma' lady?
Hey baby....:smiliehug:

Interesting info on Snopes. Really true??? Gads. Just think, so many get their news from the Web.

I haven't much time to spend here today. Nothing too new about that. How's the back pain?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Will you pay or no?

LOL, ain't that the truth. They actually do some pretty good research on stuff, but their bias does come through now and then when they seem to really strain at gnats to come to a particular conclusion. :) But on something like the Facebook thing they are generally trustworthy because it isn't a political or cultural thing.

• Thanks
I've got an old photograph of my sainted Great Grandmother on Pop's side. She is standing in a corral, Stetson hat raised over her head and a bridle in her hand. the bridle is attached to a stuffed horse which has been mounted to a pole and posed to look as if it is a living, bucking bronco.

Now, Great Grandmother was a lady who was wrapped a little too tight for American life. She immigrated here from Dundee, Scotland in 1912 with my Grandfather (who was only five years old) and my Uncle Alex (who everybody called "Elec"). As matriarch of the family, Great Grandmother had the responsibility of raising four boys and two daughters in this strange new land. She had to tamp down the enthusiasm her children felt for the liberty and freedom American society presented her children. She saw this liberty as more than a little decadent, a threat to what she knew as family values.

But, back in 1940, before the War, before gas rationing, she took the family on a Grand Tour of the American west. Pop, who was a precocious seven year old went along. It was chiefly his memories of the trip that filtered down to me. He remembered the posed cowgirl picture his Grandmother stood for. He remembered the crappy roads and the lack of sanitary facilities along the journey. He remembered all the scenic vistas, National Parks and roadside attractions the family visited.

When the whole clan drove to Yellowstone National Park, they were greeted at the gate by a large billboard featuring a scary animal with fangs, wild fur and paws the size of tennis rackets fitted with claws to rend the flesh from the bones of the inattentive. Above the picture of the threatening Grizzly Bear was the word D-A-N-G-E-R-O-U-S!

Pop asked the Park Ranger at the gate "Are there many of those Dangeroos in the park?"

I put Great-grandmother's photo in a rustic looking frame. It's now one of my most cherished possessions.

Forum List

Back