USMB Coffee Shop IV

Wet here in this part of Iowa. Headed to Kansas City then back to Omaha then home on the weekend.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
good-morning-0v.jpg

I'll be leaving in a little while to go to the dentist. Today is the day of the crowning.....:D

I will finally have my two implants, plus another molar on top crowned....Yay! So I will see y'all later, I'm going to go have my coffee now......:)

I mute virtually all TV ads. At this point they annoy the hell out of me.
I've been doing that one for years. Mute has always been my favorite button. Since the DVR though, I seldom watch anything that isn't taped. News channel being the exception. I like to know what's going on sooner than later but confine my exposure to about two broadcasts.

Good morning all. We've returned to summer temps - mid to upper 80's to even 90's in some places in the state yesterday - continued warm for the rest of this week until another cool down next week. We thought the last cool down was the end of summer, but apparently not. At least we haven't switched over the A/C to heat yet.

I'm not envying Mertex her day today but it will be good for the whole long procedure to be completed. Every time I've had a seige of dental work, it was like getting let out of jail when it was finally complete.

I have a medical tax run with Aunt Betty in a couple of hours and am steeling myself for a trip to Wal-mart for some various staples that we need: lotions, shampoos, etc. plus some new pillows--some of ours have given up the ghost.

Giving a wave to GW--I thought you were going to find new homes for all the goats in advance of your plans to relocate to the lower 48 for awhile? Seems like a lot of folks are in transition right now. My Uncle Ed's neice is thinking about pulling up stakes in Oregon and moving here--she has liked it here when she has come to visit and wants to be closer to family. Daughter is transitioning from DC back to California. Friend here pulling up stakes and moving to Florida to be with her kids. And so forth I don't think Hombre and I are going anywhere though. Except to Wal-mart :)

I think I'm going to start an online internet petition, to outlaw ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION ADS!

How nauseating those ads are. Can you imagine seeing one of those ads on TV 30 years ago? I don't see why they think it's OK now. Who the hell wants to constantly be bombarded with TV ads for some drug to help limp sons a bitches get their old soldier to stand at attention? It's disgusting... :eusa_hand:
Just one of the advantages of having DVRs.....scrolling through commercials. :thup:
True, and I do have a DVR with my cable and use it, but only for specific programs I know I'll miss, or if I there's more than one thing on at a time that I want to watch.

But I wasn't kidding about the petition. I hate those ads. I think it's completely abhorrent to be discussing limp dicks on TV as if it was mom's apple pie.

Petition NO MORE ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION ADS

I always hate the way it shows the women in the ads as being so grateful that something hardly romantic is coming their way, from a pill. :badgrin: No thankx!

I guess it gives you that not so fresh feeling.....:(

Sorry....couldn't resist.

:lol: True dat, doh.

I think I'm going to start an online internet petition, to outlaw ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION ADS!

How nauseating those ads are. Can you imagine seeing one of those ads on TV 30 years ago? I don't see why they think it's OK now. Who the hell wants to constantly be bombarded with TV ads for some drug to help limp sons a bitches get their old soldier to stand at attention? It's disgusting... :eusa_hand:
Just one of the advantages of having DVRs.....scrolling through commercials. :thup:
True, and I do have a DVR with my cable and use it, but only for specific programs I know I'll miss, or if I there's more than one thing on at a time that I want to watch.

But I wasn't kidding about the petition. I hate those ads. I think it's completely abhorrent to be discussing limp dicks on TV as if it was mom's apple pie.

Petition NO MORE ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION ADS

I always hate the way it shows the women in the ads as being so grateful that something hardly romantic is coming their way, from a pill. :badgrin: No thankx!
No kidding... "oh yes honey, you really turn me on.... what's that... am I really turned on or did I take a pill... well, does it matter?" ... what a crock... :lol:

It matters. There is a difference in feeling. One is too razor sharp. :bye1:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Make sure you get plenty of antibiotics Mertex. Mrs. Liberty ended up with an abcess after a crown.

And I agree... you ladies have had your intimate baggage drug out in tv ads for a long time too. I think it's too bad.

We had an ad here about sanitary napkins. Girl leaves the house with her parents, and her boyfriend plays with her pads and sticks them all over his body and pretends to be an airplane - until the girl and the parents walk in on him.
The thing about those ads is that they always seem to make the guy come across as stupid.

Probably because men are stupid for not having periods....I guess? :omg:

No, they are lucky, lol.
We have to live with you those 6 or 7 days every month. That ain't no picnic.

Well... damn it... I didn't win the Powerball again... somebody else won MY money... or something like that.

I came within ONE DIGIT last drawing of winning $100, which would have been the most I've ever won. I hit two numbers and the powerball, with one more number one digit off. But... I know... woulda, coulda, shoulda... one digit, ten digits, what does it matter when it isn't it?

I keep playing though. Can't complain about not winning if you don't play. I won $50 on a scratch off ticket the other day too. That helps.
I won $150 Monday at poker, but lost $30 last night. Still a profitable week.

Well... damn it... I didn't win the Powerball again... somebody else won MY money... or something like that.

I came within ONE DIGIT last drawing of winning $100, which would have been the most I've ever won. I hit two numbers and the powerball, with one more number one digit off. But... I know... woulda, coulda, shoulda... one digit, ten digits, what does it matter when it isn't it?

I keep playing though. Can't complain about not winning if you don't play. I won $50 on a scratch off ticket the other day too. That helps.

We had a pool at a plant I used to work in. We won 5K by getting all but one number. After taxes, we divied it up and each got around $75. It was a hoot, though.

Not looking forward to my eye appointment tomorrow :(
I don't like not seeing very well for the rest of the day.
They put 2 drops of numbing drops in each eye to measure my eye pressure.
Then I get one drop each of red and yellow dye for the pictures they take.
Then I get the dilation drops and I have to wear sun glasses inside and outside for the rest of the day.
YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See ya all on Saturday morning.

Made the drive down to Roswell, NM this morning, got something to eat and went antiquing. Tomorrow the wife wants to hit the UFO museum, I'm sure it'll be a lot of laughs. Might head up to Fort Sumner midday before heading home, we'll see.

Good morning all. We've returned to summer temps - mid to upper 80's to even 90's in some places in the state yesterday - continued warm for the rest of this week until another cool down next week. We thought the last cool down was the end of summer, but apparently not. At least we haven't switched over the A/C to heat yet.

I'm not envying Mertex her day today but it will be good for the whole long procedure to be completed. Every time I've had a seige of dental work, it was like getting let out of jail when it was finally complete.

I have a medical tax run with Aunt Betty in a couple of hours and am steeling myself for a trip to Wal-mart for some various staples that we need: lotions, shampoos, etc. plus some new pillows--some of ours have given up the ghost.

Giving a wave to GW--I thought you were going to find new homes for all the goats in advance of your plans to relocate to the lower 48 for awhile? Seems like a lot of folks are in transition right now. My Uncle Ed's neice is thinking about pulling up stakes in Oregon and moving here--she has liked it here when she has come to visit and wants to be closer to family. Daughter is transitioning from DC back to California. Friend here pulling up stakes and moving to Florida to be with her kids. And so forth I don't think Hombre and I are going anywhere though. Except to Wal-mart :)

Wave backatcha, Foxy! I've sold all but eight of my does and I still have two bucks. Guess I'll be breeding a few more kids for next summer's market. I don't plan on leaving here until late summer, early fall next year. I have a lot of loose ends to tie up before I head south. Unfortunately, my partner still has nine goats that I am not permitted to get rid of, even though he's talking about getting a job on the Slope. I'm moving South to spend time with my granddaughters and to help my daughter out when hubby goes on deployment. Not that the daughter is incapable, but she's looking forward to the help and support. For many others who are contemplating moving, the economy might be a big driving factor. Another buddy of mine, who moved to FL a couple of years ago to be with his long, lost love, is packing his gear and coming back up here. He couldn't find a suitable job down there. He's cautioned me to think twice before I move, but I'm not too proud to become a WalMart greeter, if that's all I can find. I'm much more optimistic than that, though.
How are you and Hombre holding up? Those temps seem pretty brutal, IMHO. I'll admit that one of my choices to live would be around Silver City or Elephant Butte, or the Lake Roberts area, if I had to choose.

Loads of excitement at work last night. When I got there they had a big patch of the ramp cordoned off and lit up like Christmas, with all kinds of equipment lined up. Turns out the President of Korea made a stop in our little burgh and had to be "secured".
Later, our team was parking an airplane (B747) and one of the youngsters decided to run along the leading edge of the wing, in front of two of those ginormous Hoover-LaMachines while they were still running. He passed in front of them with perhaps 6-8 ft to spare. I summoned him, rather vigorously, and loudly enough he heard me over those running engines. As soon as he was within reach, I latched onto the front of his vest and shook him like a dog shakes a rat, got "in his face", and did my best encore performance of a really pissed 1SG. I just hope I scared him as badly as he scared me. I suggested he pay attention because I really did not want to get my teaspoon to scrap him up from the tarmac. I don't know who's training these kids, but they should have their asses kicked for failing to teach the kids basic survival.

I mute virtually all TV ads. At this point they annoy the hell out of me.
I've been doing that one for years. Mute has always been my favorite button. Since the DVR though, I seldom watch anything that isn't taped. News channel being the exception. I like to know what's going on sooner than later but confine my exposure to about two broadcasts.

We mute most of them, but there have been some that we intentionally have watched. I loved the AT & T commercials with the kids where they were asked to choose one thing from another.....

youtube AT T Commercials with kids What s better - Yahoo Search Results

Make sure you get plenty of antibiotics Mertex. Mrs. Liberty ended up with an abcess after a crown.

This is the easiest part of the whole process. I had my implant surgery back in April....that was the most difficult part. Putting crowns on the implants was a bit of a trick...he had to keep screwing the teeth into the "sockets" until they are in good and tight, and that was putting undue pressure on my gums, and for a few seconds it was unbearable, but then the pain just seem to fade away.....by the time I left there was no pain whatsoever, and I'm glad that I can finally chew with that side again.

I'm sorry that Mrs Liberty had a bad experience with it, it can happen when you least expect it. I think and am hoping I'm going to be fine.

Forum List

Back