USMB Coffee Shop IV

View attachment 32913View attachment 32914

I took these early this morning and this one a few days ago. I love the way our view changes.

View attachment 32915

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beautiful location. :thup:

This what we wake up to every day:

trinover-7.jpeg

We are working on getting back up to Colorado Springs though, no more Podunk towns for us. This is the view we want to wake up to every day:
1-pikes-peak-and-garden-of-the-gods-jon-holiday.jpg

I'm originally from that neck of the woods. Went to high school in Castle Rock, just up the road a bit. Stupidly, we used to go to "the springs" to party. Nice to see Pike's Peak and remember well driving up to "top of the world". No doubt about it - Colorado has some beautiful scenery.
Castle Rock is pretty much a high priced Denver bedroom community now at least 20 times bigger than when I left Colorado in 77. Heck the Springs has grown north almost to Monument and east almost to Falcon.

Raptor care is hazardous to human care.

This is true. And, believe me, they don't know or care that I was trying to help them get back into the wild.

Same with every other wild animal I rehabbed. I'm licensed for song birds, raptors, mammals and reptiles - even rehabbed a rattlesnake once. I've been bitten and pooped on by the best.

I took these early this morning and this one a few days ago. I love the way our view changes.

View attachment 32915

trinover-7.jpeg

We are working on getting back up to Colorado Springs though, no more Podunk towns for us. This is the view we want to wake up to every day:

I'm originally from that neck of the woods. Went to high school in Castle Rock, just up the road a bit. Stupidly, we used to go to "the springs" to party. Nice to see Pike's Peak and remember well driving up to "top of the world". No doubt about it - Colorado has some beautiful scenery.
Castle Rock is pretty much a high priced Denver bedroom community now at least 20 times bigger than when I left Colorado in 77. Heck the Springs has grown north almost to Monument and east almost to Falcon.

Way back when I was a kid, I remember my dad saying that I would live to see one solid city from north of Boulder all the way south past Pueblo and Walsenburg. I don't know if he used the term "strip city" but that's what it is.

Like Trinidad better than the Spring but that is only a tourist's reaction.
Trinidad, small town, clannish, small town corruption, severely limited amenities and imploding...... Nope, after living in the DC Metro area for so long we like the amenities big city life has to offer and the Springs rush hour traffic is a joke compared to what we're used to even though the Springs is not a "big city", heck even Denver traffic has nothing on DC.

I've lived in big cities and you're right about the amenities. Both our houses are in small towns. Crappy restaurants, no theater, plays, museums - all of which I really love. But, as you can see from my photos above, I prefer the country life now.

I lived in Denver for many years and was back there in 2005. There was very little I remembered and recognized.

When there are better than a million pounds of peanuts laying on top of the ground, yes you can smell them. Alabama grows 4 varieties of peanuts; Spanish, runner, Valencia and Virginia so don't believe everything you hear. Bees are another story. They are in short supply. There are locals that move hives to pollinate crops. They do pretty well. I've come to recognize their trucks and keep clear.
I keep an epi pen in my truck and another in the fridge in case I'm stung. I've got maybe 15 minutes if I get multiple stings.

View attachment 32915

trinover-7.jpeg

Way back when I was a kid, I remember my dad saying that I would live to see one solid city from north of Boulder all the way south past Pueblo and Walsenburg. I don't know if he used the term "strip city" but that's what it is.
Not there yet, still not close but as usual Denver is growing, the Springs is growing at a lesser rate, Pueblo had a growth spurt at one time moving west towards Canon City but that has stopped, Walsenburg and Trinidad have mostly imploded.
Also Boulder is still talking about seceding from Colorado........ Most Coloradans say good riddance........ :lol:
I would consider Woodland Park but that drive up and down Rte 24.......

View attachment 32915

trinover-7.jpeg

I love "podunk towns." I live in one.

I lived small town, metro urban, and in between.

All of the have their problems and their strengths.

It is what you make of it.
True but I hate having to drive 1 1/2 to 2 hours just to buy the stuff I want or go to a good restaurant or, or, or....... We're going in between, the Springs, that is if necessity (work) doesn't force us to move to Denver, not something we really want to do. We have been considering Albuquerque but the job market is more limited that Colorado Springs.

View attachment 32915

trinover-7.jpeg

Everyone has their like and dislikes. It's not that small towns are really bad, it's just we are not cut out to live in one, or in a rural setting either. I like the fact that I can go 2 minutes down the road to a gas mart or 7-11, 24-7 if there is something I need or want, I like having multiple grocery stores to choose from, tons of restaurants, multiple mom and pop or chain store options, etc. :dunno:

View attachment 32915

trinover-7.jpeg

Everyone has their like and dislikes. It's not that small towns are really bad, it's just we are not cut out to live in one, or in a rural setting either. I like the fact that I can go 2 minutes down the road to a gas mart or 7-11, 24-7 if there is something I need or want, I like having multiple grocery stores to choose from, tons of restaurants, multiple mom and pop or chain store options, etc. :dunno:
I hear ya... what I dislike about cities is lots of people and traffic/traffic lights. I need me some elbow room. I lived in Phoenix, Tampa, Las Vegas, Reno... all big cities. Reno was the only one that was even remotely tolerable, but I just got my belly full of cities. I can go downtown here which is like half a mile away, and all I have to go through to get there is two stop signs. There are no traffic lights here, there is no rush hour traffic, and there's nowhere I can't go around here and not say hi to someone I know. They do roll up the sidewalks around here about midnight, but that's the way I like it, nice and quiet.

We enjoyed country living, small town living, small city living (40,000 or so), and big city living. But now at our age, a big city like Albuquerque with a small town feel is good for us. Like RIngel said, we are just a few minutes away from the grocery store, hardware store, office supply, computer repair, Walmart, etc. and our doctors, dentist, etc. are all nearby. Albuquerque doesn't have as many great restaurants as most large cities can boast, but there are a few and plenty of options to choose from.

Meanwhile a warm Coffee Shop welcome to Luddly Neddite who is joining us for the first time today and welcome back to SixFoot who hasn't been here in awhile. Beautiful photos Luddly--what part of the country?

Luddly's first timer's complimentary beverage and a round for everybody to welcome SixFoot and bodecea back:

stock-photo-three-coffee-cups-with-espresso-cappuccino-mochaccino-over-brown-background-33358927.jpg

View attachment 32915

trinover-7.jpeg

I hear ya... what I dislike about cities is lots of people and traffic/traffic lights. I need me some elbow room. I lived in Phoenix, Tampa, Las Vegas, Reno... all big cities. Reno was the only one that was even remotely tolerable, but I just got my belly full of cities. I can go downtown here which is like half a mile away, and all I have to go through to get there is two stop signs. There are no traffic lights here, there is no rush hour traffic, and there's nowhere I can't go around here and not say hi to someone I know. They do roll up the sidewalks around here about midnight, but that's the way I like it, nice and quiet.

I don't think Tampa counts as a big city. It's more like an extremely large suburb. ;)

View attachment 32915

trinover-7.jpeg

I don't think Tampa counts as a big city. It's more like an extremely large suburb. ;)
That's true about most big cities. Denver itself isn't that big but Denver metro is huge, same with DC.

trinover-7.jpeg

That's true about most big cities. Denver itself isn't that big but Denver metro is huge, same with DC.

When people use the term big city, I think New York, Chicago, LA. I haven't traveled enough to see what most major US cities are like, but Tampa barely seems like a city at all to me.

View attachment 32915

trinover-7.jpeg

I like Laketown on 4, in 'tween Tampa and Orlando.

Forum List

Back