USMB Coffee Shop IV

Had to buy a new harness plug for my trailer today and install it. It was necessary in order to make a run to Home Depot tonight for supplies that will make a roof of an outdoor storage area. Hopefully all goes well and I can get the posts and roof framing in Saturday. Then I can put in the metal panels and pour concrete for the posts Sunday.

Can you recharge the Cobra JumPack? That does look like a handy gadget for the one who has everything.

We are almost done with Christmas shopping. Just a few more gifts. Hombre wants to have our Son's family all wrapped, boxed, and sealed for them to take back with them when they come for Thanksgiving--that will save us probably $50 in shipping fees. I notice we are getting more and more cheap in our old age. :)
Sure! It comes with a regular plug in the wall charger.
Argh......I'm so jealous. I keep saying I'm going to start early, and here it's almost November and I haven't bought one single gift.....damn....where does the time go. Guess I'm going to end up buying a lot more gift cards....:D
Only 57 more shopping days 'til Christmas!
:ack-1:
On Veteran's Day I go out to the Christmas tree farm and tag my tree. I get the pick of the litter that way. Two weeks before Christmas I go and have them saw it down, shake off the loose needles,bind it in twine and throw it in the trunk. Every year my buddy who runs the tree farm tells me that there were a lot of folks wanting the tree I picked out.

Early bird/worm dynamic in action! Of course a fresh cut tree means that ALL the needles will get vacuumed up by early May. Those little things must migrate under the furniture.

If I am putting a tree up, the night before Christmas, I drag the box down from storage. I used to go out on snowshoes and search for the perfect victim but now, most years I don't even bother putting a tree up. No point unless the girls are here.

I married an insurance adjuster who worked too many Christmas fires caused by dried out and highly flammable Christmas trees to be happy with a live tree in the house. So we long ago went to lifelike artificial trees that we can leave up for all of December. A few years ago, because of physical limitations and just because, as you say, it wasn't worth it any more, we donated our very large, very heavy, very beautiful tree to charity and now have a small table top tree that we set up on a card table that is properly draped for Christmas of course. It usually goes up the weekend after Thanksgiving and comes down on New Year's Day. Our decorations are festive and simple--are put up with a minimum of time and effort and taken down and stored with a minimum of time and effort. That leaves us with a lot of time to do other fun stuff for the Christmas season. And it is good.
We have a small ceramic tree (with lights) we put on a table, we also have a medium-small size artificial we put up on rare occasion. Back in Virginia we had two large potted Fig trees we would decorate as opposed to using a typical tree.

On Veteran's Day I go out to the Christmas tree farm and tag my tree. I get the pick of the litter that way. Two weeks before Christmas I go and have them saw it down, shake off the loose needles,bind it in twine and throw it in the trunk. Every year my buddy who runs the tree farm tells me that there were a lot of folks wanting the tree I picked out.

Early bird/worm dynamic in action! Of course a fresh cut tree means that ALL the needles will get vacuumed up by early May. Those little things must migrate under the furniture.

If I am putting a tree up, the night before Christmas, I drag the box down from storage. I used to go out on snowshoes and search for the perfect victim but now, most years I don't even bother putting a tree up. No point unless the girls are here.

I married an insurance adjuster who worked too many Christmas fires caused by dried out and highly flammable Christmas trees to be happy with a live tree in the house. So we long ago went to lifelike artificial trees that we can leave up for all of December. A few years ago, because of physical limitations and just because, as you say, it wasn't worth it any more, we donated our very large, very heavy, very beautiful tree to charity and now have a small table top tree that we set up on a card table that is properly draped for Christmas of course. It usually goes up the weekend after Thanksgiving and comes down on New Year's Day. Our decorations are festive and simple--are put up with a minimum of time and effort and taken down and stored with a minimum of time and effort. That leaves us with a lot of time to do other fun stuff for the Christmas season. And it is good.
We have a small ceramic tree (with lights) we put on a table, we also have a medium-small size artificial we put up on rare occasion. Back in Virginia we had two large potted Fig trees we would decorate as opposed to using a typical tree.

I know some people do that. In West Texas some people spray painted tumble weeds and stacked them to form quite beautiful Christmas trees. But you talk about a fire hazard!!!!! Scary!!!!

We have an artificial ficus tree that stands about six feet tall at the end of a large bookcase that takes up most of one end of our great room. At Christmas we place a holly garland across the top of the bookcase along with a string of lights--looks really cool. The lights are always several feet too long for the bookcase so we just wind whatever is left over through the ficus tree.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Pogo's aunt,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
GW's student/friend Sean, his injured brother, and their family,
Tresha and hubby,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.
And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

img_0322.png

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I know some people do that. In West Texas some people spray painted tumble weeds and stacked them to form quite beautiful Christmas trees. But you talk about a fire hazard!!!!! Scary!!!!

We have an artificial ficus tree that stands about six feet tall at the end of a large bookcase that takes up most of one end of our great room. At Christmas we place a holly garland across the top of the bookcase along with a string of lights--looks really cool. The lights are always several feet too long for the bookcase so we just wind whatever is left over through the ficus tree.
My tree goes from saw blade to installed in the tree stand under a half gallon of fresh water within 20 minutes. It's up for two weeks until New Year's Day and is still fresher than cut trees sold at tree lots. Those trees can be on asphalt for close to a month before they are sold.

Well, I hit one damn number on the Mega Millions lottery drawing last night, but, looks like no one hit the jackpot either so it's up to $252 million for Tuesday.

Sure would like to win one of those puppies. "I'd be very generous with it, Lord, donating to worthy causes, you have my word."

Good morning all. Hope this finds Ernie finally slumbering away because I'm sure not and I'm not at all happy about it. So the phone rings at 6:30 a.m. and it's that foreign sounding guy wanting to fix our computer because something is wrong with it. It's a damn good thing I don't know who or where he is because I might have done some serious violence. Not really. But sometimes you do think about how good that would feel. I do wonder though how many unfortunate people are falling for that scam. I suppose some are because they've kept doing it all these months.

Oh well. Hombre has the coffee ready--he's an early riser which I am not--and that is helping some. But geez....6:30 in the morning?

I'm a decorating machine at holidays. For years I buy decorations after the holidays at deep deep discounts. I'll have four trees this year, one real and three fake. My house totally transforms

I'm a decorating machine at holidays. For years I buy decorations after the holidays at deep deep discounts. I'll have four trees this year, one real and three fake. My house totally transforms

Would love to see it as I love to see what other people do in that regard--you will provide some photos, yes?

I used to do a whole lot more than I do now, but it just doesn't seem so important to do anymore. I want it to be obvious that we are celebrating the holidays and I want it to be festive and cheerful, but I can do that and still keep it pretty simple. It takes us about an hour to decorate and it looks nice. I don't do all the massive baking, candy making, and other traditional things so much any more either. I just do what is fun and enjoyable which is enough to prepare some festive baskets to deliver to the neighbors and treat visitors with when they come by.

In my high school years I helped a friend trim Christmas trees in the summer. Nope, those things don't grow perfectly shaped on their own. A large machette and pruning shears are required. Normally this leads to my rattlesnake/machette story.

About a week before Thanksgiving we would go out and cut all the trees for harvest. They had to be drug out to the lanes and then baled. We would stack them and wait for the semis to pick up the trees for Florida.

One year during college the wife of the Christmas tree farm owner asked me to come home and bale a hundred for her flower shop. Her husband had died the year before and I was the only one she could think of to run the equipment and know what to do from start to finish with the trees.

We have 9.5 foot ceilings in my house. I like a tall artifical tree to fill the space at Christmas. The one we have is getting old though. Listening to you guys, I'm not sure what to do.

In my high school years I helped a friend trim Christmas trees in the summer. Nope, those things don't grow perfectly shaped on their own. A large machette and pruning shears are required. Normally this leads to my rattlesnake/machette story.

About a week before Thanksgiving we would go out and cut all the trees for harvest. They had to be drug out to the lanes and then baled. We would stack them and wait for the semis to pick up the trees for Florida.

One year during college the wife of the Christmas tree farm owner asked me to come home and bale a hundred for her flower shop. Her husband had died the year before and I was the only one she could think of to run the equipment and know what to do from start to finish with the trees.

We have 9.5 foot ceilings in my house. I like a tall artifical tree to fill the space at Christmas. The one we have is getting old though. Listening to you guys, I'm not sure what to do.
We have one vaulted ceiling room, and my husband bought an 18 foot monster years ago. I only build it to 12 feet, but it takes a few hours, this was before the lights were actually part of the tree. I use the rest of the branches throughout the house as evergreens. Mix them with the cuttings from the yard and it looks natural.

Well, here it is - Saturday morning. My deer hunting pal, the vet, is out in his stand with his bow trying to get himself one of the nice bucks we've been seeing. Just got back from picking up his 9 year old daughter who Mrs. BBD is assisting in the making of a werewolf costume for Halloween. My buddy's wife, also a vet, is running the vet clinic today until noon. They close at noon. Then she will bring her other daughter - who is a complete princess in every way - over for lunch. Other than that, nothing going on with me. I think I'm going to turn the tv on and get Taco and spend some quality time with him in the recliner unless my buddy gets a deer. Then I'll help him field dress it and take some photos for him. Very foggy here this morning. Perfect day to try and catch a mid-morning nap.

Hi guys! Just want to drop in and say howdy. I reached my desired weight range before my December deadline! I am currently 247lbs with 33 lbs lost since April. Now, I hope I make it to my 230's by January!

Hee hee.

See ya'll.
Congratulations, TK! Keep up the good work. You know you can do it.

Yanno, we should all chip in and get TK a reward for his hard work. I'm thinking a jumbo cheesecake swirl peanut butter and french fry double chocolate pork pizza ice cream float. Made with diet Coke.

C'mon, who's in. Ante up.

I'll chip in. Losing that amount of weight is for sure, a winning goal met by the deadline. Congratulations, TK. :clap:

Forum List

Back