USMB Coffee Shop IV

After sleeping til noon yesterday, I was awake at 6:45 this fine day.
Our crystal clear day yesterday gave way to partly cloudy skies with a storm front headed our way. The TV was flashing bulletins of tornado warnings for just about all of the Gulf Coast, but the weather thankfully slid well north of us. No stars last night, but no rain either and nothing above a slight breeze.
All that is gone and we're back to the clear, deep blue skies we've had for a week now. It's currently 66 degrees with a forecast high of 77.

As planned, I accomplished absolutely nothing on my day off yesterday. Next Thursday, however, I need to get an early start and spend time repairing the access road I built up to the back of the property. It rises about 25 feet in 200 yards, so when we get a heavy rain, it tends to wash out in places. I'll have to smooth it out and haul 8 or 10 yards of clay to resurface the bad spots.
I may just take Friday morning off too to mow the grass up top as well. That's 2 1/2 acres of knee high field grass. It takes 2 or 3 hours with the 5 foot bush hog.

October 24th and I just bought the second Christmas gift of the year. I ordered a bushel of navel oranges for my friend in Brooklyn and I just finished ordering one of those Cobra JumPacks for Mom. They are nifty little gadgets, just six inches by four inches by one inch. They hold enough electricity to jump start a car! They can also charge your phone, iPad or any other USB charged device. They have an LED flashlight and everything fits in the glove compartment.

October 24th and I just bought the second Christmas gift of the year. I ordered a bushel of navel oranges for my friend in Brooklyn and I just finished ordering one of those Cobra JumPacks for Mom. They are nifty little gadgets, just six inches by four inches by one inch. They hold enough electricity to jump start a car! They can also charge your phone, iPad or any other USB charged device. They have an LED flashlight and everything fits in the glove compartment.

Can you recharge the Cobra JumPack? That does look like a handy gadget for the one who has everything.

We are almost done with Christmas shopping. Just a few more gifts. Hombre wants to have our Son's family all wrapped, boxed, and sealed for them to take back with them when they come for Thanksgiving--that will save us probably $50 in shipping fees. I notice we are getting more and more cheap in our old age. :)

Morning !
It's a really nice day - 64 right now and will get up to 89 today.

funny-animals-269.jpg

Any prayers, good vibes or whatever you can, please send our way. Hubby fell off the wagon and I don't know if either of us is strong enough to go through this nightmare again. I can't believe this omg.

Oh wow Tresha. Is this the first time? How long sober? Often the first slip is a final push to obtain the will for the long journey to sobriety and may not be the end of the world--but very stressful for sure. You go on the list.

Almost 2 years. Thank you for adding us to the list. Ah shit. I keep backspacing what I type. I dont know what to say.

There is a drug you can get that takes away the effect of drink, it makes drinking pointless. For myself I have not had a drink for two years, but this was no act of willpower. I simply started being sick every time I had a couple of drinks. I don't know why it happened, and presume it is part of the aging process, but it cured me of fifty years of excessive drinking. I know you can get an operation which implants something in your tummy which has the same effect of making you sick if you drink. If you are sick before you can drink enough to get drunk it stops you drinking. Anyway I would get medical advice, as there are treatments such as the above. You do not have to struggle with willpower every day if you cannot hold drink down.

That's Cobra JumPack sounds like a good gift idea. Thanks.

Can you recharge the Cobra JumPack? That does look like a handy gadget for the one who has everything.

We are almost done with Christmas shopping. Just a few more gifts. Hombre wants to have our Son's family all wrapped, boxed, and sealed for them to take back with them when they come for Thanksgiving--that will save us probably $50 in shipping fees. I notice we are getting more and more cheap in our old age. :)

Argh......I'm so jealous. I keep saying I'm going to start early, and here it's almost November and I haven't bought one single gift.....damn....where does the time go. Guess I'm going to end up buying a lot more gift cards....:D

Forum List

Back