USMB Coffee Shop IV

Morning !
Very cold and frozen outside and glad I don't have to go out in it. :)

funny-cats-Christmas-plan-wreck-the-tree.jpg

Didn't feel good all yesterday, still don't feel good today. I'm wearing a flannel shirt and my light fleece in the house and I'm still cold........

Missed you guys! I've been sicker this past week than I have been in a long time. Some stomach thing that even kept me away from work. Good thing the school semester ended a week before it struck. I couldn't even find the energy to get on line...that's bad. But I'm up and running again, although slowly. But there's just too much for me to catch up on, so I will rudely launch myself into the current melee.
While the weather elsewhere appears to have been unpleasant, it's still been warm-ish here, and still no snow! Lot's of heavy frost, but the snow is MIA. Wonder whether we'll have our usual white Christmas this year?
Being on a budget means my gift recipients will receive baskets of baked goodies and homemade treats. Fortunately, I have three days off just before Christmas, although I actually go to work Christmas night. I also have to finish the giant-sized cribbage board for my buddy. Lots to do, and not really enough time to do it all. At least life is not boring.
Hope to visit more now. Everyone enjoy their weekend.

Missed you guys! I've been sicker this past week than I have been in a long time. Some stomach thing that even kept me away from work. Good thing the school semester ended a week before it struck. I couldn't even find the energy to get on line...that's bad. But I'm up and running again, although slowly. But there's just too much for me to catch up on, so I will rudely launch myself into the current melee.
While the weather elsewhere appears to have been unpleasant, it's still been warm-ish here, and still no snow! Lot's of heavy frost, but the snow is MIA. Wonder whether we'll have our usual white Christmas this year?
Being on a budget means my gift recipients will receive baskets of baked goodies and homemade treats. Fortunately, I have three days off just before Christmas, although I actually go to work Christmas night. I also have to finish the giant-sized cribbage board for my buddy. Lots to do, and not really enough time to do it all. At least life is not boring.

Sorry to hear that. It seems as though everybody is coming down sick lately! Take care. Drink lots of orange juice! :)

Sorry to hear that. It seems as though everybody is coming down sick lately! Take care. Drink lots of orange juice! :)
Too much sugar and acid in OJ for me right now. All I've had to eat the past two days was a small salad and some Campbell's Tomato soup. Nice and bland. Two days before that, nothing but water would stay down. It's a helluva way to lose weight. Thanks for the good thoughts.
How have you been lately? Any big plans for the holidays?

Too much sugar and acid in OJ for me right now. All I've had to eat the past two days was a small salad and some Campbell's Tomato soup. Nice and bland. Two days before that, nothing but water would stay down. It's a helluva way to lose weight. Thanks for the good thoughts.

I find vomiting out cold orange juice to not be so bad actually. It kind of tastes the same as long as it's still cold. LOL. Maybe some vitamin C pills would be good for you then? That's why I suggested the OJ.

I've been trying to get some last minute shopping done, and the stores are just a nightmare!! :cheeky-smiley-018: No big plans for me. Christmas Eve, going to mom's for an Italian meal. I am scheduled to work on Christmas day, but more than likely work will be very slow, and after work going to my auntie's house for a big dinner. It's going to be extra exciting this year because two of my cousins have had babies in the past couple of years, and we haven't really had any little ones in the family for a while. You know, young enough to believe in Santa and all that. :D It should be great.

I hope you are feeling better by Christmas and have a great Christmas too! :)

I find vomiting out cold orange juice to not be so bad actually. It kind of tastes the same as long as it's still cold. LOL. Maybe some vitamin C pills would be good for you then? That's why I suggested the OJ.

I've been trying to get some last minute shopping done, and the stores are just a nightmare!! :cheeky-smiley-018: No big plans for me. Christmas Eve, going to mom's for an Italian meal. I am scheduled to work on Christmas day, but more than likely work will be very slow, and after work going to my auntie's house for a big dinner. It's going to be extra exciting this year because two of my cousins have had babies in the past couple of years, and we haven't really had any little ones in the family for a while. You know, young enough to believe in Santa and all that. :D It should be great.

I've already been dropping Vitamin C. Thanks for the recommendations, though. Now that I'm feeling better, a big, cold glass of OJ would be welcome.

Yeah, I work in a field that runs 24/7/365. It doesn't bother me that I work on Christmas, or New Year's. I celebrate with my best friends on Christmas Eve because they have family locally who they visit on Christmas. I'll stop by some other friends on Christmas on my way to work and chow down there. No wine, though, because I have to work. Otherwise, my family is all in the Lower 48 and I actually find it depressing to decorate without having my girls around.
After I stop by the Commissary and get what I need for my goodie baskets, I'll be done shopping.
Italian sounds good, definitely a change-up from the norm. Turkey isn't high on my "likes" list, although Christmas is usually celebrated with a standing rib roast.
I've always found Christmas lots more fun with children around, so how fortunate (and happy) that you'll have some new babies around! Make sure to take lots of photos. Christmas is a good time to indulge yourself in spoiling the little ones, certainly.

I've already been dropping Vitamin C. Thanks for the recommendations, though. Now that I'm feeling better, a big, cold glass of OJ would be welcome.

Yeah, I work in a field that runs 24/7/365. It doesn't bother me that I work on Christmas, or New Year's. I celebrate with my best friends on Christmas Eve because they have family locally who they visit on Christmas. I'll stop by some other friends on Christmas on my way to work and chow down there. No wine, though, because I have to work. Otherwise, my family is all in the Lower 48 and I actually find it depressing to decorate without having my girls around.
After I stop by the Commissary and get what I need for my goodie baskets, I'll be done shopping.
Italian sounds good, definitely a change-up from the norm. Turkey isn't high on my "likes" list, although Christmas is usually celebrated with a standing rib roast.
I've always found Christmas lots more fun with children around, so how fortunate (and happy) that you'll have some new babies around! Make sure to take lots of photos. Christmas is a good time to indulge yourself in spoiling the little ones, certainly.

Well, my cousins not only have toddlers right now, but they are BOTH pregnant again now, so by the time Christmas comes around next year we get two MORE babies to play with! Yay! :)

By your girls, you mean your daughters? Oh, sorry to hear that they won't be spending the holidays with you. :(

I only have to pick up some gift cards now, and then I'm done. I can wait until tomorrow to do that thankfully because I really need a break from the driving and the shopping. Lol.

I don't mind turkey, but I really prefer ham to be honest. I just LOVE the spiral sliced hams! :tongue:

I seem to have somehow had my BBcode editor turned off. Anybody know how I can turn it back on?

I don't even know what it does but up at the top right of a post-writing box (normally) there's an icon marked "use BB code editor". If I click that, then the look of the box changes and I get a line under the bottom left saying "use Rich Text editor". If I click that it goes back to normal.

HTH :eusa_angel:

Who's this "Rich Text" guy anyway? Damn elitist characters...

Thanks but there is absolutely nothing in the post box either on the quick reply or the 'more options' box--just a blank box. I've looked for something, anything, I can highlight - clicked on every speck on the monitor, etc. and there is simply no BBcode editor to be found. I am extremely frustrated. You guys ARE all seeing your BBcode editors in your post boxes yes?

But good morning everybody. Sending chicken soup vibes to Ringel and GW and anybody else feeling poorly. I wear heavy shirts and a fleece jacket all the time in the winter as I'm almost always cold, but even more so if I'm fighting a bit of a bug.

Hope Jake's rain and snow stays north for the next couple of days. Our daughter is on the road headed our way from California as we speak and I don't want her to run into any bad weather.

Hombre and I just finished a great brunch of homemade scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, toast, Smuckers strawberry preserves, and a wonderful sweet naval orange. Project today is to clean the office and tidy up in advance of the house cleaning crew coming on Monday.

Last flu episode for me was in 1976. I usually take care of the effected, as flu doesn't like me.

What is up with all the older actors being cast as former spies/assassins/specops who have to go back to their bad-ass ways when their past comes back to haunt them? Taken 3 is coming out, Pierce Brosnan recently did one of those kinds of movies, Keanu Reeves is in John Wyck, Jason Patrick did one called The Prince, and I just watched a trailer for a Sean Penn movie called The Gunman which is in a similar vein. I think there have been others in the past few years, too. Is 50+ suddenly the Hollywood age to be an action hero? :dunno:

What is up with all the older actors being cast as former spies/assassins/specops who have to go back to their bad-ass ways when their past comes back to haunt them? Taken 3 is coming out, Pierce Brosnan recently did one of those kinds of movies, Keanu Reeves is in John Wyck, Jason Patrick did one called The Prince, and I just watched a trailer for a Sean Penn movie called The Gunman which is in a similar vein. I think there have been others in the past few years, too. Is 50+ suddenly the Hollywood age to be an action hero? :dunno:
Us boomers still want to think we're still capable of being bad assed action heros.......... :D

Forum List

Back