USMB Coffee Shop IV

10846358_864230713627686_2885102965012367448_n.png

What is up with all the older actors being cast as former spies/assassins/specops who have to go back to their bad-ass ways when their past comes back to haunt them? Taken 3 is coming out, Pierce Brosnan recently did one of those kinds of movies, Keanu Reeves is in John Wyck, Jason Patrick did one called The Prince, and I just watched a trailer for a Sean Penn movie called The Gunman which is in a similar vein. I think there have been others in the past few years, too. Is 50+ suddenly the Hollywood age to be an action hero? :dunno:
Us boomers still want to think we're still capable of being bad assed action heros.......... :D

Think? Did you say THINK??????

Speak for yourself, pardner! You ain't seen me in action ... I can do things with a blender you wouldn't believe!! Don't even get me started on my heating pad ...

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Sheila and Hombre's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Mr. H and his friend,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,
Ernie's friend and colleague, Max,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Alan1 for good test results,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

graphics-christmas-window-821210.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

What is up with all the older actors being cast as former spies/assassins/specops who have to go back to their bad-ass ways when their past comes back to haunt them? Taken 3 is coming out, Pierce Brosnan recently did one of those kinds of movies, Keanu Reeves is in John Wyck, Jason Patrick did one called The Prince, and I just watched a trailer for a Sean Penn movie called The Gunman which is in a similar vein. I think there have been others in the past few years, too. Is 50+ suddenly the Hollywood age to be an action hero? :dunno:
Us boomers still want to think we're still capable of being bad assed action heros.......... :D

Speak for yourself, pardner! You ain't seen me in action ... I can do things with a blender you wouldn't believe!! Don't even get me started on my heating pad ...

:lol: I'm intrigued about the heating pad.

:lol: I'm intrigued about the heating pad.

Left it on too long one time .... it was definitely a weapon of ass destruction.

(and, a tip just for the guys .... if you sleep in the nude, never sleep on your stomach on a heating pad. 'Nuff said.)

Good morning everybody. Hombre and I are being naughty and skipping church today as we aren't sure when our daughter, enroute from California, will be arriving. But beautiful Christmas music is playing on the Bose and I'm working on menus for the rest of the week and life is good. Sending prayers, blessings, and positive vibes for a good Sunday for all.

Good morning everyone on this Sunday before Christmas.

Rainy and cold, and we should get a lot of snow in the mountains.

Forum List

Back