USMB Coffee Shop IV

Howdy peeps! We have a clear, cold and crisp day here in Oakland town. I have a bit of work to finish up this am - and then it's work out time. mr. boe received a Total Gym for Christmas - and we both love the freakin' thing! It's fun to use - now we just need to keep up with it. Then later this afternoon, visiting the folks and taking them a dish of pot roast.

I have a brand new 24" monitor for my computer in the a box in the living room? Do I want to take the time to install it today?

For nearly 50 years, she appeared before hundreds of churches, schools, and organizations across the country, talking about God, telling her story of moral choices and the great times she's lived.

RIP. What a dear woman

3c22287f8db9e3927bf0fade2c075c10.jpg

It's been.... interesting. A couple days getting ready for New Years Eve at Doc's and everything is ready to go. 11:45, I open a case of champagne and pour about 100 flutes all set up for staff to pass out.
Great! everyone has their glass ready for midnight.
11:55, I look for my wife, because I am always at her side at the stroke of 12.
Not at the bar, none of the tables contain my wife. I have a girl check the lady's room. Then I notice the office door is open and the light is on. That door is ALWAYS locked when there are customers in the building. I stick my head in and find my wife clutching her chest, barely conscious. I get her to her feet and start walking her out the door. My security/bouncer sees us and scoops her up and I run ahead to get the truck door open.
As I back out of my parking spot, I hear the DJ and the crowd; 5,4,3,2,1 Happy New Year!
I spent the beginning of 2015 at South Baldwin Hospital.
Cardiac enzymes and EKG are negative for MI, but it appears her angina has returned with a vengeance. She refused to stay beyond that point and we were home about 5 AM.
NOW she tells me that she had been having some pain since her visit to Florida for Christmas.

Shannon (current project) stayed with her while I made an appearance at our staff Christmas party that had been set back because of the wife's trip.
We had Ribs a la Megan, Escargot a la Max, a Cajun Shrimp Boil a la Ernie, Collards and Black Eyed Peas a la Lauri and Cajun Corn Bread a la Debbie. We even played Jenga with Jeremiah's super sized Jenga set. Pictures to follow.
I brought the Mrs a plate. She ate her snails and I put her back to bed.

I don't doubt that the doctors will want to do more angioplasties and put in another stint or 4, but the wife says no more doctors and hospitals.
OMG, that's a horrible way to welcome the New Year. Gosh, Ernie, I hope things go well for Mrs. Ernie. Hooks crossed for her, and you too!

OK, I need some advice...Sunday is my turn to cook dinner for the geezers. I'm thinking a chicken dish, either chicken Kiev or chicken Cordon bleu. What do you guys think? Any suggestions for side dishes?

I love chicken kiev, but haven't had it in ages...I always liked it over a bed of rice.:thup:

OK, I need some advice...Sunday is my turn to cook dinner for the geezers. I'm thinking a chicken dish, either chicken Kiev or chicken Cordon bleu. What do you guys think? Any suggestions for side dishes?

I love chicken kiev, but haven't had it in ages...I always liked it over a bed of rice.:thup:
Oh dear, it's a draw now. I love Cordon Bleu, with spinach

Lucky geezer :)

I prefer Kiev to Cordon Bleu. And Hombre wants just plain old southern fried chicken seasoned just precisely right. :)

Forum List

Back