USMB Coffee Shop IV

I don't know what the temperature is right now, but it is just frigid outside and snowing! Then, tomorrow it's supposedly going to be near 60. Wonderful New England weather. :D

We're in the low 80's for the rest of the weekend...not trying to rub it in.:eusa_whistle:
We just started getting some more snow...... I'm sending it you way.......

Don't tease me...I would love to see some pretty snow.:)

I don't know what the temperature is right now, but it is just frigid outside and snowing! Then, tomorrow it's supposedly going to be near 60. Wonderful New England weather. :D

We're in the low 80's for the rest of the weekend...not trying to rub it in.:eusa_whistle:

Unfortunately, it would all just turn into rain. :D

We actually had snowflakes falling from the sky a few years back, and some of it stuck to the grass for a couple of hours...exciting stuff.:banana:

Don't know why I always thought chicken Kiev was more like chicken ala King, guess it's because I've never had it before and somehow the comparison stuck in my mind as a child. :dunno:

No, chicken kiev is fried with the seasonings inside. At least the way I do it. You have to pound the chicken breasts flat. My recipe calls for mixing the seasonings with the butter and then freezing the butter until rock hard--doesn't take long. Then you cut the butter into equal portions for each flattened chicken breast, place a piece of it in the middle, and roll up the chicken breast like an egg roll and secure it with toothpicks. The roll is then dipped in seasoned flour, then into beaten egg, and then rolled in bread crumbs and quickly deep fried. Yummy. (But Hombre doesn't like all the extra seasoning and prefers just plain old fried chicken. That's yummy too.) :)
Exactly! Trick is, getting the chicken to seal to the butter and herbs don't run out while cooking.

View attachment 35527

Yesterday I drove to Great Lakes to pick up some prescriptions that they told me would be ready to be picked up yesterday. I got there and the pharmacy was closed for the New Year's holiday. So, I have to drive all the way back there again on Monday. Anyway, on the way home we decided to stop at Marytown and visit the gift shop there. I was floored when I walked in to see this fellow standing there. I talked to him for several minutes, asked him to bless me, made the sign of the cross, told him all about myself but I never got any sort of response. I figured it was because I had not yet completed my RCIA training yet and was not fully a Catholic and that was the reason I got no reply from him. A few moment later, one of the sales ladies from the gift shop asked if she would like for her to take my photo with Pope Francis. I said yes and she did. Afterwards she stated how life-like the cardboard photo aid was and I was floored. I thought I had been talking to the real Pope. Silly me. Mrs. BBD said I was a dope.
Guy looks like Jonathan Pryce.

We've been trying to get up to Colorado Springs for over a week now, every time we think there's an opening another front suddenly pops up out of nowhere.

Don't know why I always thought chicken Kiev was more like chicken ala King, guess it's because I've never had it before and somehow the comparison stuck in my mind as a child. :dunno:

No, chicken kiev is fried with the seasonings inside. At least the way I do it. You have to pound the chicken breasts flat. My recipe calls for mixing the seasonings with the butter and then freezing the butter until rock hard--doesn't take long. Then you cut the butter into equal portions for each flattened chicken breast, place a piece of it in the middle, and roll up the chicken breast like an egg roll and secure it with toothpicks. The roll is then dipped in seasoned flour, then into beaten egg, and then rolled in bread crumbs and quickly deep fried. Yummy. (But Hombre doesn't like all the extra seasoning and prefers just plain old fried chicken. That's yummy too.) :)

Sounds yummy! I'll have to try that one of these days. :)

This is what it looks like, and I'm so craving it now...when you cut into it, all of the yummy butter and herbs spills out onto the rice and adds extra flavor.

kiev-chicken.jpg

*drools* :tongue:

We've been trying to get up to Colorado Springs for over a week now, every time we think there's an opening another front suddenly pops up out of nowhere.

Nice town...I visited there in the fall of 2006. We stayed at the Broadmoor...what a gorgeous place. The day we went to the Garden of the Gods, it was drizzling...that was a bit of a downer. The most fun was the cog train up Pikes Peak...I still have the blanket that I made my ex buy me because I didn't anticipate how frigid it would be up there.:eusa_doh:

We actually had snowflakes falling from the sky a few years back, and some of it stuck to the grass for a couple of hours...exciting stuff.:banana:

Having to shovel feet of snow, now THAT's exciting, good exercise too. :lol:

That's why boyfriends were invented.:D

I actually don't mind shoveling the snow. Of course, at times I do, but it's not so bad. I've lived here my whole life, so it's really all I know. :)

I actually don't mind shoveling the snow. Of course, at times I do, but it's not so bad. I've lived here my whole life, so it's really all I know. :)

I grew up in the Chicago burbs, so I'm no stranger to snow...most people, even back in the 80's, had snow blowers.

I grew up in the Chicago burbs, so I'm no stranger to snow...most people, even back in the 80's, had snow blowers.

Not me. Just a shovel. :D I live in a townhouse unit though, so my landlords plow most of it. I just have to do my own entrance ways, clean off my car and shovel around my car. Last year we had a TON of snow though, so I actually did quite a bit of shoveling. Not so this year so far.

View attachment 35527

Yesterday I drove to Great Lakes to pick up some prescriptions that they told me would be ready to be picked up yesterday. I got there and the pharmacy was closed for the New Year's holiday. So, I have to drive all the way back there again on Monday. Anyway, on the way home we decided to stop at Marytown and visit the gift shop there. I was floored when I walked in to see this fellow standing there. I talked to him for several minutes, asked him to bless me, made the sign of the cross, told him all about myself but I never got any sort of response. I figured it was because I had not yet completed my RCIA training yet and was not fully a Catholic and that was the reason I got no reply from him. A few moment later, one of the sales ladies from the gift shop asked if she would like for her to take my photo with Pope Francis. I said yes and she did. Afterwards she stated how life-like the cardboard photo aid was and I was floored. I thought I had been talking to the real Pope. Silly me. Mrs. BBD said I was a dope.

That really is a cardboard cutout? You sure couldn't tell it just from the photo. But you and Mrs. BBD look splendid. :)

Last edited:
I have spent the last seven and a half hours going to get Aunt Betty, take her to urgent care, follow the ambulance to the big downtown hospital, and then wait in emergency with her until they finally admitted her for observation overnight about 45 minutes ago. She had passed out and fallen last night in the wee hours--at least three times after piecing what little memory there was from everybody. She really hurt herself but sustained no broken bones or serious injuries. But she is 88 years old so I'm glad their keeping her overnight for observation. She sure wasn't happy about it though. But then she thought she would get to feeling better too which is why she waiting twelve hours to call me. I was happy to do it, but I am exhausted.

I gave up shoveling snow at 50 and moved from CT to FL.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Sheila and Hombre's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,
Ernie's friend and colleague Max and Mrs. Ernie,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
Foxfyre's Aunt Betty,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

nature-landscapes_widewallpaper_winter-light_16627.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Forum List

Back