Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,
Ernie's friend and colleague Max and Mrs. Ernie,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

nature-landscapes_widewallpaper_winter-light_16627.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the input, gang. I think the Chicken Kiev has it. It's tough to get a proper seal so that the butter and herbs stay inside the chicken, but I feel up to the challenge. An rice sounds tasty, too. A few less carbs than pasta. I'm also considering a nice prune pastry for dessert. Tomorrow, a commissary run for raw materials. Bad timing on my part, it's payday, but I'll brave the madding crowds.
It finally got a tad cooler, 21F. But there's a wind up and the wind chill is brutal. A cold wind like this rips the tears from you eyes and turns any exposed parts a lovely shade of pink.
Sleep well, CS friends.

Don't know why I always thought chicken Kiev was more like chicken ala King, guess it's because I've never had it before and somehow the comparison stuck in my mind as a child. :dunno:

Don't know why I always thought chicken Kiev was more like chicken ala King, guess it's because I've never had it before and somehow the comparison stuck in my mind as a child. :dunno:

This is what it looks like, and I'm so craving it now...when you cut into it, all of the yummy butter and herbs spills out onto the rice and adds extra flavor.

kiev-chicken.jpg

No, chicken kiev is fried with the seasonings inside. At least the way I do it. You have to pound the chicken breasts flat. My recipe calls for mixing the seasonings with the butter and then freezing the butter until rock hard--doesn't take long. Then you cut the butter into equal portions for each flattened chicken breast, place a piece of it in the middle, and roll up the chicken breast like an egg roll and secure it with toothpicks. The roll is then dipped in seasoned flour, then into beaten egg, and then rolled in bread crumbs and quickly deep fried. Yummy. (But Hombre doesn't like all the extra seasoning and prefers just plain old fried chicken. That's yummy too.) :)

Good morning everybody. The second winter storm warning we were put under last night didn't materialize either with the snow clouds stalling just south of town and then going away. So I wake up this morning and turn on the weather channel who announces immediately that it is 20 degrees outside and our area is under a winter storm warning with clear skies and no precipitation expected???? I give up. I'm going to do my own weather forecasting from now on.

pope.jpg

Yesterday I drove to Great Lakes to pick up some prescriptions that they told me would be ready to be picked up yesterday. I got there and the pharmacy was closed for the New Year's holiday. So, I have to drive all the way back there again on Monday. Anyway, on the way home we decided to stop at Marytown and visit the gift shop there. I was floored when I walked in to see this fellow standing there. I talked to him for several minutes, asked him to bless me, made the sign of the cross, told him all about myself but I never got any sort of response. I figured it was because I had not yet completed my RCIA training yet and was not fully a Catholic and that was the reason I got no reply from him. A few moment later, one of the sales ladies from the gift shop asked if she would like for her to take my photo with Pope Francis. I said yes and she did. Afterwards she stated how life-like the cardboard photo aid was and I was floored. I thought I had been talking to the real Pope. Silly me. Mrs. BBD said I was a dope.

I'll take your word for it, Foxy. I love turkey, but rarely enjoy chicken. The wife loves it, so I do eat it more than I'd like.
There is one dish I prepare with chicken that I love.
Mom called it Northern fried chicken.
I use wings or sometimes drum sticks and pressure cook them for 12 minutes. I make a batter with 2 cups flour, just under 1 cup milk, 2 eggs, 2 tsp baking soda, 2 tbsp oil a bit of salt and 1 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning. I coat the chicken in the batter and deep fry in hot oil till golden.
The coating comes out about 1/4" thick and tastes like chicken with the stuffing on the outside.

It's "comfort food" for me. My grandmother made it, Mom made it and it just feels good.

I don't know what the temperature is right now, but it is just frigid outside and snowing! Then, tomorrow it's supposedly going to be near 60. Wonderful New England weather. :D

We're in the low 80's for the rest of the weekend...not trying to rub it in.:eusa_whistle:

I don't know what the temperature is right now, but it is just frigid outside and snowing! Then, tomorrow it's supposedly going to be near 60. Wonderful New England weather. :D

We're in the low 80's for the rest of the weekend...not trying to rub it in.:eusa_whistle:
We just started getting some more snow...... I'm sending it you way.......

Snow has stopped here, only got a dusting, and it is actually starting to feel a little warmer outside. It is going to be near 60 tomorrow and has been quite warm this year so far, so we've actually been pretty lucky this year. :D

Forum List

Back