USMB Coffee Shop IV

cold-feet-in-bed-96931880640.jpeg

I've been guilty of doing that.:D

th
Sa-weet

110603.gif

My marriage has lost the romance I guess :lol:

:lol: Why do us women always have cold hands and feet, and the men are always nice and toasty? No fair!

Blame it on our circulation. :)
Why Do So Many Women Have Cold Hands and Feet 12 Health Mysteries Explained Real Simple
Why Do So Many Women Have Cold Hands and Feet?
Blame it on circulation. “The nerves that control blood flow to the hands and feet are more sensitive in women than in men,” says Mark Eskandari, M.D., a vascular surgeon at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, in Chicago. “So when the temperature drops, their vessels constrict more, warming blood flow slows, and their extremities feel cold.” Women also have lower blood pressure than men. “When they’re cold or stressed and their blood pressure drops, blood is redirected to the heart and away from the hands and feet,” he says. "Some experts believe that women tend to hold heat in the core, where the heart and uterus are, so they can protect developing fetuses," notes James Applegate, a family doctor in Grand Rapids, Michigan. But this is just a theory.

Well, the weather is a bit better here today. It's above 0 and no wind today. Supposed to get into the teens and then into the 20's tomorrow. I'm ready for a little warm up. Things not so good here today. Jingles, my oldest beagle, is not feeling well. She has been on the decline for some time now and I'm afraid she is near the end. Taking her in for a visit with my buddy, the vet, around 11:00 a.m. today. She's very wobbly and unstable on her feet. She acts as though she may have had a stroke or something. Will see what the vet has to say later today. She's a grand old girl and I'd sure hate to loose her but she's been declining for some time now and I'm afraid she's near the end.

So sorry to hear about your dog.
It does not matter how old they get they are still our little babies
How old is she BBD?

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

th
Sa-weet

110603.gif

:lol: Why do us women always have cold hands and feet, and the men are always nice and toasty? No fair!

Why Do So Many Women Have Cold Hands and Feet 12 Health Mysteries Explained Real Simple
Blame it on circulation. “The nerves that control blood flow to the hands and feet are more sensitive in women than in men,” says Mark Eskandari, M.D., a vascular surgeon at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, in Chicago. “So when the temperature drops, their vessels constrict more, warming blood flow slows, and their extremities feel cold.” Women also have lower blood pressure than men. “When they’re cold or stressed and their blood pressure drops, blood is redirected to the heart and away from the hands and feet,” he says. "Some experts believe that women tend to hold heat in the core, where the heart and uterus are, so they can protect developing fetuses," notes James Applegate, a family doctor in Grand Rapids, Michigan. But this is just a theory.

Absolutely true. My wife has the coldest hands.

• Thanks
Went to bed early again yesterday, got about 7 hours sleep. Woke up with Jasper and Boo on the bed, no idea where the little one slept in the house. Thinking about calling her Gizmo after the good gremlin in the movie Gremlins because she makes the same trilling noises, very vocal, very "talkative".
As for us the wife usually sleeps with her feet uncovered no matter how cold it is, we have a fan on in the bedroom and the ceiling fan going in the great room for air movement and the last one to bed turns the house down to around 60. As for covers, cotton sheets, a cotton summer blanket and a light summer blanket or summer quilt over that or we're both too hot.

My grandmother used to have a cat named Gizmo! That is a great cat name. :)
She'll probably be a part time house cat, despite the fact it's freezing drizzle outside she wanted back out this morning, started climbing the back door again so I let her out. She'll be back anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days. Heck she may "belong" to someone who lets her run, she knows humans have food and she knows how to use a litter box, her coat is shiny and clean so she appears healthy and well cared for.
Also it could be she goes from house to house doing this which is why we only see her every three or four days on average. :dunno:

I had a cat like that when I lived in Tucson.
He had several homes that he went to in a 3 block radius and would stay one or two days at each house.
Each one of us had a different name for him.
I called him Mel. :)

th
Sa-weet

110603.gif

I've yet to have those curses. Hands and feet always feel like the rest of my body. I do know of women who experience cold hands and feet and others who complain about always being cold, in general. I also know women who are always cold in a house or at work where others are feeling comfortable, but the heat is barely on. :dunno:

Well, the weather is a bit better here today. It's above 0 and no wind today. Supposed to get into the teens and then into the 20's tomorrow. I'm ready for a little warm up. Things not so good here today. Jingles, my oldest beagle, is not feeling well. She has been on the decline for some time now and I'm afraid she is near the end. Taking her in for a visit with my buddy, the vet, around 11:00 a.m. today. She's very wobbly and unstable on her feet. She acts as though she may have had a stroke or something. Will see what the vet has to say later today. She's a grand old girl and I'd sure hate to loose her but she's been declining for some time now and I'm afraid she's near the end.

So sorry to hear about your dog.
It does not matter how old they get they are still our little babies
How old is she BBD?

True. The longer they are with us, the deeper the love and friendship.

Truly heartbreaking BBD. Why do the lives of our best friends have to come to an end. Rhetorical question. I am so sorry for your pain and hope Jingles recovers.

To err is human. To forgive is canine.

My wife likes the bedroom about 37 degrees with the ceiling fan whipping up its own polar vortex. THEN she wants 3 comforters. If I play my cards right, and she falls asleep first, I turn off the ceiling fan and she'll start peeling back blankets onto my side and I'm warm enough to fall asleep.
:lol: I relate completely to her need for a freezing bedroom. It helps me sleep. I like it best when it is about 52° ( as lately ) and with the warming blankie ON! I can still sleep okay when it is 60° but much higher than that, I have to have a fan on. And my blankie. :lol:

When spring arrives, the nights are too warm and I sleep less and worse. Tossing and turning. Not very restful. If I have put in a harder than usual day at work, though, I can sleep through almost anything. The month of September being the annual exception.

Aw so sorry BBD. It is a true act of love to make the decision when they have no quality of life left, but it is so hard. And so hard to decide when that time has come. Sending all possible comforting vibes.

Hombre and I both like a cold bedroom for sleeping, summer and winter. I do not sleep well when it is too warm and anything over 60 is too warm for me. It is miserable sometimes on over night visits with folks when they keep their houses much warmer at night than we do. That is wierd too when I am bundled up all winter when I am up and sometimes have to put on a sweater when the swamp cooler is running comfortably for Hombre in the summer. Oh well. I never claimed not to be weird

Enjoying coffee and thinking about what we should have for breakfast.

Hombre and I both like a cold bedroom for sleeping, summer and winter. I do not sleep well when it is too warm and anything over 60 is too warm for me. It is miserable sometimes on over night visits with folks when they keep their houses much warmer at night than we do. That is wierd too when I am bundled up all winter when I am up and sometimes have to put on a sweater when the swamp cooler is running comfortably for Hombre in the summer. Oh well. I never claimed not to be weird

I'm having leftover pizza........

Discussing how to clean, season and re-season cast iron cookware (among other things) on the muzzelloading forum, the general consensus is cooking cornbread in cast iron keeps it well seasoned..... I'm catching hell because I hate cornbread........ :lol:

Room temperature is 68 degrees, period. At 70, the covers come off and I sweat. At 66, I have 3 comforters, a sweater, socks and sweat pants on and the blankets are pulled up over my head.

th
Sa-weet

110603.gif

I've yet to have those curses. Hands and feet always feel like the rest of my body. I do know of women who experience cold hands and feet and others who complain about always being cold, in general. I also know women who are always cold in a house or at work where others are feeling comfortable, but the heat is barely on. :dunno:
As I get less younger :)lol:) my fingers are cold a lot,

I need it cold too. I can't sleep without a big fluffy comforter

• Thanks
Discussing how to clean, season and re-season cast iron cookware (among other things) on the muzzelloading forum, the general consensus is cooking cornbread in cast iron keeps it well seasoned..... I'm catching hell because I hate cornbread........ :lol:

How can any red blooded born and bred American hate cornbread???? (It isn't my favorite or my first choice either, but it does have its purposes. You can't have pinto beans without cornbread. And cornbread dressing for the turkey is the absolute best.)

Got Jingles down to my buddy's vet clinic and he took a good look at her and did some lab work. It appears that she has pancreatitis. He's keeping her over night to give her some IV fluids and meds to stop her puking. He's says she should be much better tomorrow and she will be able to come home then. Keeping my fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. Thanks everybody for your concerns.

How can any red blooded born and bred American hate cornbread???? (It isn't my favorite or my first choice either, but it does have its purposes. You can't have pinto beans without cornbread. And cornbread dressing for the turkey is the absolute best.)
Since when did I ever claim to be red blooded........ :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back