USMB Coffee Shop IV

Foxfyre can you add Moki again for the list? Poor guy has sundowners (nice word for alzheimer) and is having a kinda rough time at night. We have tried meds, to no avail. He is very anxious at nighttime so the vet wants us to start him on xanax..which I am hesitant to do. I tried melatonin last night...and it didn't make him sleep better. Did for us, but not for him. Tonight, I am going to try it one more time...3mgs since he weighs 32 lbs and that is the dosage according to the pharmacist for a dog of that weight...and if it is still not working, THEN I will try the xanax. Or maybe Rescue Remedy or something similar. I just hate to have him on xanax if I can avoid it.
Anyway...he is healthy otherwise..except still having that damn cancer in him although a slow growing one. Right now, it is the Sundowners I am trying to help him get thru. And us, too.

Sure Gracie. He's on the list. The Xanax won't hurt him I don't believe. The Vet prescribed it for my Aunt's Shih-tzu for extreme thunderstorm anxiety. It didn't help but it didn't seem to be a negative for the dog either. (We finally solved the problem with one of those portable kennels. Put the dog in there at the first clap of thunder and she became quite calm and unagitated.)

Folks are using their emergency meals around here. You may have noticed the driving conditions a little northwest of here in Battle Creek/ Kalamazoo, MI.

This isn't a one gal job watching over us guys Gracie. ;)

I think you will have better results with the dosage level for your buddy dog.

Discussing how to clean, season and re-season cast iron cookware (among other things) on the muzzelloading forum, the general consensus is cooking cornbread in cast iron keeps it well seasoned..... I'm catching hell because I hate cornbread........ :lol:

Dat stuff too dry. Had some combined with creamed corn though. Slightly sweet and moist.

I put just regular corn from grilled corn on the cob (or broiled in winter) in my cornbread. I think just adding corn adds moisture to the bread.

Hombre and I both like a cold bedroom for sleeping, summer and winter. I do not sleep well when it is too warm and anything over 60 is too warm for me. It is miserable sometimes on over night visits with folks when they keep their houses much warmer at night than we do. That is wierd too when I am bundled up all winter when I am up and sometimes have to put on a sweater when the swamp cooler is running comfortably for Hombre in the summer. Oh well. I never claimed not to be weird

Enjoying coffee and thinking about what we should have for breakfast.
Room temperature is 68 degrees, period. At 70, the covers come off and I sweat. At 66, I have 3 comforters, a sweater, socks and sweat pants on and the blankets are pulled up over my head.

What happens at 76? :eusa_whistle:

Maybe he melts!

Forum List

Back