USMB Coffee Shop IV

The game in Green Bay on Sunday should be interesting. Any idea what the temps will be BBD?

To use one of Foxfyre's more famous quotes, "Colder than a well digger's elbow".

Uh huh. Except that I don't say 'well digger' :)

Just checked and the high in Green Bay on Sunday is predicted to be a balmy 19 degrees. It is 4 degrees there right now. Snow forecast for Friday and/or Saturday but not Sunday.

I have spoken in error. I believe the correct phrase is "Colder than a witches elbow." Please pardon me. BTW, look for Green Bay to win the game on Sunday.

Yeah I have used the 'witch's elbow' line. And I've also been informed that the 'witch's elbow' line is wrong too. :)

It's colder than a witches nipple! :lol:

It was really cold this morning, but now that it's really sunny, it's not so bad. It's not very windy either. I can deal with the cold fine most of the time as long as it isn't windy. The wind is what really kills me in the winter time! :cheeky-smiley-018:

I'm with you. I can handle the cold. But I hate the wind at any time of year but most especially when it is bitter cold.
It wasn't really cold here, either, but the wind came up and holy cow! The wind just rips the tears out of your eyes.

It seems no matter how warmly I dress, when it is blustery windy outside, it makes me so cold. It also hurts my ears sometimes if not wearing a hat or something.

I feel guilty complaining about my "cold" weather...I have the heat on, a blanket over me, and the blower is going on the fireplace. I'm still shivering.
freezinsmile2.gif

What is "your" cold weather Sherry? Like 45? :D

It's probably akin to pissing in the wind but I just sent a nastygram to Pepsico concerning utilizing stocking space with one of their products and their lack of a simple understanding of basic market analysis. The wife drinks the Diet Mountain Dew in the 24 oz six pack bottles, local Pepsi distributors always stock a 90%/10% split regular to diet. When not on sale the diet is always gone within 2 days, on sale weeks it's gone within a few hours.

It is definitely annoying when they stock so little of whatever is on sale. Our local Albertson's store, however, always gives us a rain check for whatever they're out of if we ask for it.
The problem here is they don't stock enough period, in most instances the diet in the 24oz bottles is gone the same day whether it's on sale or not. Safeway stocks 6 sixpacks, Walmart stocks 8 six packs, that is all the space they allot for the diet.

Walmart is terrible anyway. A new Market Basket just opened up here, and I will be shopping there from now on, I think. They have a much better selection, and I think their prices are comparable with Walmart. :)
We live in Podunk, we have to drive at least an hour to get any other choices which is why we're looking to move back to civilization. It's my wife who likes the stuff, I can't stand it. My soda poison is Coke Zero.

Last edited:
It's probably akin to pissing in the wind but I just sent a nastygram to Pepsico concerning utilizing stocking space with one of their products and their lack of a simple understanding of basic market analysis. The wife drinks the Diet Mountain Dew in the 24 oz six pack bottles, local Pepsi distributors always stock a 90%/10% split regular to diet. When not on sale the diet is always gone within 2 days, on sale weeks it's gone within a few hours.

It is definitely annoying when they stock so little of whatever is on sale. Our local Albertson's store, however, always gives us a rain check for whatever they're out of if we ask for it.
The problem here is they don't stock enough period, in most instances the diet in the 24oz bottles is gone the same day whether it's on sale or not. Safeway stocks 6 sixpacks, Walmart stocks 8 six packs, that is all the space they allot for the diet.

Walmart is terrible anyway. A new Market Basket just opened up here, and I will be shopping there from now on, I think. They have a much better selection, and I think their prices are comparable with Walmart. :)
We live in Podunk, we have to drive at least an hour to get any other choices which is why we're looking to move back to civilization.

I don't know about how the Walmart in your area is, but in my area the market is just okay. They really don't have a very good selection when it comes to meats and different cuts, and some of their stuff is not that cheap either.

The game in Green Bay on Sunday should be interesting. Any idea what the temps will be BBD?

To use one of Foxfyre's more famous quotes, "Colder than a well digger's elbow".

Just checked and the high in Green Bay on Sunday is predicted to be a balmy 19 degrees. It is 4 degrees there right now. Snow forecast for Friday and/or Saturday but not Sunday.

I have spoken in error. I believe the correct phrase is "Colder than a witches elbow." Please pardon me. BTW, look for Green Bay to win the game on Sunday.

Yeah I have used the 'witch's elbow' line. And I've also been informed that the 'witch's elbow' line is wrong too. :)

It's colder than a witches nipple! :lol:
We say "colder than a witches tit in a brass bra in the dead of winter".

It was really cold this morning, but now that it's really sunny, it's not so bad. It's not very windy either. I can deal with the cold fine most of the time as long as it isn't windy. The wind is what really kills me in the winter time! :cheeky-smiley-018:

I'm with you. I can handle the cold. But I hate the wind at any time of year but most especially when it is bitter cold.
It wasn't really cold here, either, but the wind came up and holy cow! The wind just rips the tears out of your eyes.

It seems no matter how warmly I dress, when it is blustery windy outside, it makes me so cold. It also hurts my ears sometimes if not wearing a hat or something.
True. I usually put on a windbreaker when the wind comes up. It helps.

I feel guilty complaining about my "cold" weather...I have the heat on, a blanket over me, and the blower is going on the fireplace. I'm still shivering.
freezinsmile2.gif

What is "your" cold weather Sherry? Like 45? :D

Ummm...50.
That's a balmy summer day here!

Yeah, but with the windchill it feels like 46.:shock:
Oh, hell, yeah! I work outside, every night I work. I know about wind chill...

We live in Podunk, we have to drive at least an hour to get any other choices which is why we're looking to move back to civilization.

I don't know about how the Walmart in your area is, but in my area the market is just okay. They really don't have a very good selection when it comes to meats and different cuts, and some of their stuff is not that cheap either.
If you've ever been to a Super Target you'd know it's like comparing a Waldorf Astoria to a Motel 6......... That's how much better the Targets are though they tend to be a little more expensive.
Also when we were down in Santa Fe on Tuesday we went to both Walmarts and the super Target, none of them even carried the Diet Mountain Dew in the 24oz bottles, according to someone we talked to there's a single family in the area who decides what gets stocked and what doesn't.......... If NM is still locked in the old west "cattleman" era where a small number of huge landowners control everything then maybe it's not somewhere I want to live.

If you've ever been to a Super Target you'd know it's like comparing a Waldorf Astoria to a Motel 6......... That's how much better the Targets are though they tend to be a little more expensive.
Also when we were down in Santa Fe on Tuesday we went to both Walmarts and the super Target, none of them even carried the Diet Mountain Dew in the 24oz bottles, according to someone we talked to there's a single family in the area who decides what gets stocked and what doesn't.......... If NM is still locked in the old west "cattleman" era where a small number of huge landowners control everything then maybe it's not somewhere I want to live.

I've tried to tell you before, New Mexico has much to condemn it and much to commend it. But one thing is for certain, you cannot judge all of New Mexico by what you find in Santa Fe as Santa Fe marches to its own drum that is like no other. Albuquerque is much more eclectic and offers more diversity and I have yet to fail to find anything important that I was looking for here. And according to their internet advertisements, the Albuquerque Target stores carry 24 oz diet Mountain Dew. :)

(I don't shop Target much anymore though it is convenient to my house because a few years ago they invited all the Salvation Army bell ringers off their property and Walmart, that is just a half mile or so further, didn't. Just a personal thing.)

It's snowing and blowing outside. Mrs. BBD doesn't know it yet but I'm sleeping very close to her tonight!

The Packers are currently favored by 6. But I'm betting on the Cowboys even though it will be cold as ...........up there on Sunday.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

The Packers are currently favored by 6. But I'm betting on the Cowboys even though it will be cold as ...........up there on Sunday.
Play it right and she'll think you're being affectionate.

Forum List

Back