USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everyone. Wow, musta been really worn out from that drive yesterday, went to bed at 10PM and woke up at 8 this morning...... 10 hours.......

Morning

It's not very cold here but is very cloudy. Maybe we will get some rain.

:biggrin:
funny-animals-194.jpg

It was really cold this morning, but now that it's really sunny, it's not so bad. It's not very windy either. I can deal with the cold fine most of the time as long as it isn't windy. The wind is what really kills me in the winter time! :cheeky-smiley-018:

Good morning all. Finally made it up to 32 degrees as noon approaches. Won't get a whole lot more warm than that today. Beautiful clear bright blue skies though. The only precip showing up on the radar within several states is in far southern Arizona and it does look like it might be moving into Peach's part of the world but not ours.

Finishing up the Senior Saints newsletter and tidying up my desk are the designated chores today. Plus deciding on something interesting to make for dinner tonight. Ya'll all have a great Thursday.

It was really cold this morning, but now that it's really sunny, it's not so bad. It's not very windy either. I can deal with the cold fine most of the time as long as it isn't windy. The wind is what really kills me in the winter time! :cheeky-smiley-018:

I'm with you. I can handle the cold. But I hate the wind at any time of year but most especially when it is bitter cold.

Good morning all. Finally made it up to 32 degrees as noon approaches. Won't get a whole lot more warm than that today. Beautiful clear bright blue skies though. The only precip showing up on the radar within several states is in far southern Arizona and it does look like it might be moving into Peach's part of the world but not ours.

Finishing up the Senior Saints newsletter and tidying up my desk are the designated chores today. Plus deciding on something interesting to make for dinner tonight. Ya'll all have a great Thursday.
All the way up to 33.5F a couple miles down the road. I just took the outside thermometer out of direct sunlight. In a few minutes, we'll see what we get here in the low spot about 40 feet lower in altitude.

Yes Foxy 40 feet is significant here. In Albuquerque, you might rise up 40 feet in a block, here at 24' above sea level, a valley between ridges can get significantly colder than a higher ridge a couple miles away.

It's probably akin to pissing in the wind but I just sent a nastygram to Pepsico concerning utilizing stocking space with one of their products and their lack of a simple understanding of basic market analysis. The wife drinks the Diet Mountain Dew in the 24 oz six pack bottles, local Pepsi distributors always stock a 90%/10% split regular to diet. When not on sale the diet is always gone within 2 days, on sale weeks it's gone within a few hours.

Last edited:

All the way up to 33.5F a couple miles down the road. I just took the outside thermometer out of direct sunlight. In a few minutes, we'll see what we get here in the low spot about 40 feet lower in altitude.

Yes Foxy 40 feet is significant here. In Albuquerque, you might rise up 40 feet in a block, here at 24' above sea level, a valley between ridges can get significantly colder than a higher ridge a couple miles away.

I don't know how much difference 40 feet makes here but Albuquerque goes from a low of 4900 ft along the river to a high of about 6000 feet or so close to the mountain. But just looking at all the Wunderground stations around the city, difference in elevation can affect the temperatures by several degrees within a few blocks. And we have three different weather forecasts every day--one for the heights, one for the valley, and one for the west mesa as conditions can vary broadly between them. We are about 10 minutes from my Aunt and Uncles place if we don't catch any lights--I'm guessing maybe 2-1/2 miles as the crow flies? They can get six inches of snow at their house while Hombre and I see nary a snow flake.

It's probably akin to pissing in the wind but I just sent a nastygram to Pepsico concerning utilizing stocking space with one of their products and their lack of a simple understanding of basic market analysis. The wife drinks the Diet Mountain Dew in the 24 oz six pack bottles, local Pepsi distributors always stock a 90%/10% split regular to diet. When not on sale the diet is always gone within 2 days, on sale weeks it's gone within a few hours.

It is definitely annoying when they stock so little of whatever is on sale. Our local Albertson's store, however, always gives us a rain check for whatever they're out of if we ask for it.

It is definitely annoying when they stock so little of whatever is on sale. Our local Albertson's store, however, always gives us a rain check for whatever they're out of if we ask for it.
The problem here is they don't stock enough period, in most instances the diet in the 24oz bottles is gone the same day whether it's on sale or not. Safeway stocks 6 sixpacks, Walmart stocks 8 six packs, that is all the space they allot for the diet.

Oh and I just got a call to set up a sleep study........ in Farmington NM.......... 6 hours away.......
Told them to find me another site, closer.......

The game in Green Bay on Sunday should be interesting. Any idea what the temps will be BBD?

To use one of Foxfyre's more famous quotes, "Colder than a well digger's elbow".

Uh huh. Except that I don't say 'well digger' :)

Just checked and the high in Green Bay on Sunday is predicted to be a balmy 19 degrees. It is 4 degrees there right now. Snow forecast for Friday and/or Saturday but not Sunday.

Last edited:

My thermometer that's sitting in the sun facing west is all the way up to a blistering 25. I don't know for sure what it dropped to overnight but at one point I saw 2 below zero. Not quite down to Vortex levels of last year but getting close.

Which is nothing if you're in Minnesota or Vermont, but for a rickety drafty old farmhouse in Carolina it can be a challenge. But I knew it was coming and had wood stockpiled so all I have to do would be to feed the woodstove's maw.

And paw.

Forum List

Back