USMB Coffee Shop IV

Sorry, I'm a little out of it today, guys. I'm pretty sure I have the flu. I feel absolutely rotten and out of it. :cheeky-smiley-018: I'll be sick as a dog tomorrow for the Superbowl. Yay. :rolleyes-41:
This is my idea of a superbowl:

o.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Sorry, I'm a little out of it today, guys. I'm pretty sure I have the flu. I feel absolutely rotten and out of it. :cheeky-smiley-018: I'll be sick as a dog tomorrow for the Superbowl. Yay. :rolleyes-41:

o.jpg

Eww, I think I'm going to be sick, seriously. I am soooo sick right now, that picture of all that is making me feel ill. LOL. :D

o.jpg

Eww, I think I'm going to be sick, seriously. I am soooo sick right now, that picture of all that is making me feel ill. LOL. :D
That's because it hasn't been cooked yet........

o.jpg

I don't even want to THINK about food right now, cooked or uncooked, doesn't matter. :cheeky-smiley-018: If anything, I'll be eating toast with water today and that's probably about it.

o.jpg

I don't even want to THINK about food right now, cooked or uncooked, doesn't matter. :cheeky-smiley-018: If anything, I'll be eating toast with water today and that's probably about it.
Got some striped pajamas to go with the bread and water?

o.jpg

Got some striped pajamas to go with the bread and water?

:lol:

Very nice. I wonder how much it will be worth in another 20 years? Glad that you ended up getting and it didn't get lost forever. :)
I'm glad it didn't get lost forever also.
As for the question about future worth of the artifacts and fossils that I buy, in all likelihood they will be more valuable in 20 years. But if they are not, I don't care. I fill my collection with things that I like, things that I appreciate.

Let me give you an example of my thought process.
I have long been interested in the pleistocene era cave bears of Europe and Russia. I purchased a cave bear fossil skull in perfect condition. Not only is it complete and in perfect condition, it is also in the top five as far as size goes for a complete cave bear skull. I bought it because I liked it, and I paid a lot for it. It's possible that somewhere in Europe or Russia they could discover a new treasure trove of cave bears that could render my semi-unique item into a common item. Perhaps find ones that make the current unusally large size of mine commonplace. Were that to happen, the dollar value of mine would be reduced dramatically, it's size and availability would no longer be rare. But what that wouldn't do is reduce the pleasure I have (and have had) with owning and appreciating the one I have.

Well that's just a damn bummer! Sorry to hear that, and hope ya feel better real soon.

I'll probably watch the game at one one of the local taverns, but just because I have $100 on the game, $50 each on two squares on a pool. All I care about is winning some cash.

Very nice. I wonder how much it will be worth in another 20 years? Glad that you ended up getting and it didn't get lost forever. :)
I'm glad it didn't get lost forever also.
As for the question about future worth of the artifacts and fossils that I buy, in all likelihood they will be more valuable in 20 years. But if they are not, I don't care. I fill my collection with things that I like, things that I appreciate.

Let me give you an example of my thought process.
I have long been interested in the pleistocene era cave bears of Europe and Russia. I purchased a cave bear fossil skull in perfect condition. Not only is it complete and in perfect condition, it is also in the top five as far as size goes for a complete cave bear skull. I bought it because I liked it, and I paid a lot for it. It's possible that somewhere in Europe or Russia they could discover a new treasure trove of cave bears that could render my semi-unique item into a common item. Perhaps find ones that make the current unusally large size of mine commonplace. Were that to happen, the dollar value of mine would be reduced dramatically, it's size and availability would no longer be rare. But what that wouldn't do is reduce the pleasure I have (and have had) with owning and appreciating the one I have.

That is so interesting. You could have your own museum!

That sucks. Take care if yourself

Thanks! It really sucks. I was supposed to have some friends over tomorrow for the game, now I'll be watching by my lonesome. I'll have to come here while the game is on so I can have people to celebrate with, or razz whatever the case may be. Lol.

Well that's just a damn bummer! Sorry to hear that, and hope ya feel better real soon.

I'll probably watch the game at one one of the local taverns, but just because I have $100 on the game, $50 each on two squares on a pool. All I care about is winning some cash.

Thanks. I hope you put that money on the Patriots. :D They are going to win, you know.

Thanks. I hope you put that money on the Patriots. :D They are going to win, you know.
It's just a big block with a hundred squares on it, and you pick a square and sign your name in it. Then later they draw numbers and assign them to each column along the top and side, so you never know what your going to get. Then during the game at different points and after scores, they take the last two numbers of the score, say 0 and 7, find the square that coincides with 0 and 7 on the board and that person wins that money. There's a bunch of winners usually and it's purely taking a gamble. I've won some and lost some.

It's just a big block with a hundred squares on it, and you pick a square and sign your name in it. Then later they draw numbers and assign them to each column along the top and side, so you never know what your going to get. Then during the game at different points and after scores, they take the last two numbers of the score, say 0 and 7, find the square that coincides with 0 and 7 on the board and that person wins that money. There's a bunch of winners usually and it's purely taking a gamble. I've won some and lost some.

Interesting. I've never heard of that before, but then again I've never gambled before. :)

Aw, that sucks Chris. Sending chicken soup healing vibes your way. Maybe its a 24 hour stomach bug? We can hope. But flu season is going full steam in most of the country. I'm trying to stay away from crowds and take all the normal precautions. Haven't had the flu in more than 30 years and don't want to cut short the record I'm building. :)

Aw, that sucks Chris. Sending chicken soup healing vibes your way. Maybe its a 24 hour stomach bug? We can hope. But flu season is going full steam in most of the country. I'm trying to stay away from crowds and take all the normal precautions. Haven't had the flu in more than 30 years and don't want to cut short the record I'm building. :)

Thanks Foxy! :smiliehug:

I slept a lot of the day today, took some Tylenols and had a piece of toast, also I've been drinking tons of water (my lips and mouth are SO parched). I'm actually feeling okay right at this moment, but my head still feels in the clouds, and still slightly feverish. I'm a big baby when I'm sick because I hardly ever get sick, so I'm not used to it. :D

Interesting. I've never heard of that before, but then again I've never gambled before. :)
Pretty standard practice in all the taverns around these parts.

Forum List

Back