USMB Coffee Shop IV

1097963_10151695466254123_1768857884_n.jpg

Morning!
It finally quit raining as of about 5:00 a.m. this morning.
We have never had three solid days of rain like this since we have lived here.
It usually rains off and on for maybe one day or the real hard monsoon rains that last a couple of hours and then lets up, but a steady rain all day and all night let alone 3 days of it is very strange for us.
This is more like Seattle weather. :)
It's real nice, we needed the rain.

Well, we have a bit of snow... Ed,d the guy who farms my place, just plowed me out. He says we got at least 8 inches and most likely closer to 10 inches of the stuff and it's still snowing. Not as hard as last night but it's still coming down. Winds are supposed to be bad this afternoon and everything will most likely blow shut. It's a good day for staying indoors - no church for us today because the roads are in terrible condition. I will most likely not venture more than 20 feet away from the coffee pot today! Mrs. BBD stayed up late watching tv so she's sleeping in this morning. I have already let the dogs outside and they didn't stay out there very long this morning. They are now laying around in their beds in a deep coma and will stay that way for most of the day. I bet Taco two doggie treats on the Super Bowl.

We have light snow right now, expecting maybe a half inch so not too bad. Gizmo, our part time cat has been spending almost every night in the house, let her out this morning, she sat getting snowed on for a few minutes then apparently said "the heck with this" and ran back inside. :lol:
It's warm, she has food and has been taking over some of Jaspers favorite sleeping spots........ He's not too happy about that. :lol:

I spoke too soon, just a few minutes ago she went to the back door and began "demanding" to be let out. Open the door, she scooted out, then back in, then back out......... Told her in or out, the tail went up, she trilled once and strolled away, probably headed for the next house to mooch from. :lol:

Good morning everybody. Blue skies and sunshine for us today. Temp at this hour 32 degrees but we'll warm to the mid to high 40's today with a forecast for lots of sunshine and springlike temps for the rest of the week. All the snow is gone now.

Off to church and brunch in a few and then get ready for the Super Bowl. I've been wavering on my last pick-ems of the season--Patriots are favored by 1 on the line so we might as well say it's even. But I guess I'll probably stay with Seattle--changing horses at the last minute hasn't gone well for me this year. But all of our favorite teams are out of it so I'll be happy for whomever wins. The only one of us who really REALLY has a favorite today is probably Chris. :)

Hope you feel better quick, Chris.

Thanks Ernie! :)

I actually feel really good right now. I think it may have been a 24-hour thing or something. Still, I cancelled my plans for the Superbowl tomorrow. Oh well. :D
That's probably wise. Some of those things can remain contagious after you feel better.

I'm taking a course on health and food safety now and some food born illnesses remain contagious for up to 60 days.
Do they still teach to have the latrines downriver from the drinking areas? To prevent cholera and keep from wiping out half your army.......

Oh, sorry, wrong era........
They rarely talk Civil War strategy, but I'm only about 3/4 through with the course.
What I find interesting is that this certification is required for your health certification for bars and restaurants, whether they serve food or not. We have no working kitchen per se. We do serve Cuban coffee that is prepared in the kitchen area, but there's no grill or stove. I have to know all about safe storage of shellfish chicken, eggs and dairy, all about food born illnesses and writing plans for outbreaks.
So, I'm 7 or 8 hours into this online course and relevant to my business, I now know that I shouldn't scoop ice with a glass and how to wash my hands.

Shoveled two inches of snow and cleaned off Mrs. Liberty's car at 7am, so she could go to work. Since then we have another three inches. I'm waiting until 1pm to shovel my customers out. By then we should have about 7-9 inches of the 15 expected through Monday morning.

68 here in Foley as of 10:00. That's going to be the high for the day. We're expecting rain by early afternoon and that's just what I need.... In an hour or so, Max and I will be crawling around under his house fixing a busted pipe. His place was built with PEX plumbing. Over the last 3 years, I bet we've replaced every fitting in the place. It's time to go to copper or CPVC.
I'll get an idea of how to go about a complete repipe while we're doing the temporary fix.

For all of you who may be suffering from a sore throat just read a tip to help sooth it. Eat a marshmallow, the gelatin in it will coat your throat and it's cheaper than buying throat losenges.

Got a picture of Gizmo this morning.

DSC_0277.JPG

Adorable! :)
She's all kitten and extremely "talkative". She trills and purrs constantly. Wish I knew where she went on her excursions.

Go and follow her, that's what I did with my Mel. You will be extremely surprised at what she is doing. Especially at how many humans they can get to be their slaves uh....... I mean care givers. :)

Forum List

Back