USMB member pic thread. Don't be shy.

Fht6seJyMeXvwfIyR5gRivCN2XswfcxmIAC4zb1GiXOg6J_F3L4wNly0uyXNlBjNxwUJJMXGYai6_i_eDtoSrbZ9dfORbms6BGpH8cQ4dbWrfxJ0D-stQrMs0H30NRbQPcjpNdOEGVeWQu1EjiJhkUAUV4ARaAfKoasMKJw2k3vy-pqWsAAkI4uKRPdijM3H2Zu9MbbphrBok_YM8aJef1CDUv_rtpqs0OYHL-5sb76WdHe_z2UjfFHnj70Ws1Ihh4dRgn4oDrWJFXqSAN6JG1l4NM78Vp3mJzG6MgxK75ZYs0Yvk6WPfe6f6yO8Yt7qPpPclpbYkgH44yPd7xin-Oam9xsXJkQGRWs6bgSdbyKrHxPycSHSu4s7lrk_7BPiXasLeJ6O7Y13K7dY-B-LOp4tf2CbwjknZYFb_uOLb4UoX6_6M3nwsZ73BkAxbpF0PC1_ecQzUzx1KQDR2htG7TGdMTDEhumIjQgYP8-VttzFxJDaJvmrY6g_eItdUZxpXBgyY_Ynstub2QOs10THa_kKNXhVrZg6MC1XRtErALo6DDy2GRyZ4mMJFR3xCzt_3nHdbXFnHJssfxM0N-CO7sgrT7L2yLTkwahIcRRCZXLXOlYFtocbi52cJ4juf-va3jB4jeCYRufEqW8qwdH3fPLOjnLeO4nmRQqDzF-cALZs2DfuUsU77TM=w1440-h935-no

I still have mine. It’s in a case out in the garage. The keybed is shot but it still plays, last I checked. I wouldn’t mind selling it, but that would involve packing it up and shipping it, then prolly having to deal with a buyer who complains about the shot keybed, even though I would include that in the listing. :)

When I bought it the band I was in was pissed at me because they wanted me to buy what everyone else was buying, a Yamaha DX7. But my contrarian nature...

I still have mine. It’s in a case out in the garage. The keybed is shot but it still plays, last I checked. I wouldn’t mind selling it, but that would involve packing it up and shipping it, then prolly having to deal with a buyer who complains about the shot keybed, even though I would include that in the listing. :)

When I bought it the band I was in was pissed at me because they wanted me to buy what everyone else was buying, a Yamaha DX7. But my contrarian nature...
Sweet! And you don't need a keybed -- use it as a MIDI instrument. :10:

I got sooooo tired of the DX7 electric piano patch all over pop music at the time. You know the one -- where the hammer noise is louder than the note. :bang3:

Sweet! And you don't need a keybed -- use it as a MIDI instrument. :10:

I got sooooo tired of the DX7 electric piano patch all over pop music at the time. You know the one -- where the hammer noise is louder than the note. :bang3:
Yeah, but I really can’t think of any sounds in it that I don’t have a superior alternative elsewhere, even on my iPad. I’ve got the Korg M1 app and it sounds identical to the real thing, at only $15. Insane. In fact, I’m in the process of switching completely over to apps, if for no other reason than to save my back. I’m tired of huffing gear around.

The DX7 EP patch was really THE famous sound from the 1980s, overused like you said, from Chicago ballads to Whitney ballads like ‘Greatest Love’, but the kicker was the band that wanted me to buy it didn’t play any of that shit. I might have been able to use that sound for a song or two. Plus, programming that FM architecture was only for advanced math majors. I much preferred Roland for programming, and their palette of sounds.

Forum List

Back