USPSs way of "getting back in the game"

Cash-strapped Postal Service to launch new clothing line | Fox News

Seems like they are going for a clothing line? LOL
What a joke
I am sure that will save them :eusa_whistle:
Maybe thats how the gov't will make ACA better when it crashes everything? Sell "poor, cheap and sick" clothing

The USPS had one opprotunity years ago to stave off its slow demise. I had to reorganize its package divisions to work like UPS and FedEx. delivery by a certain date and time. It has the infrastructre for it, what it didnt have was the will.

UPS and FedEx dont handle nearly as many documents as they used to, thanks to PDF and electronic signature. They more than made up for this though via shipping of online purchased items.

Interesting.

I read recently that FEDEX uses USPS to ship 30% of its packages.

Any idea if that's true?

When you use the government to ban the other party, that is not "competition"

Again, go worship your hero stalin.

Competition is for the private sector. The government must provide critical services.

Getting your beanie babies from amazon is not a critical service, and if the post office could do it better and cheaper, they could compete, but they can't so they don't.

And if you happen to live in an area where UPS or Fed Ex can't make a profit operating, fuck you, eh?

The Republican Motto. "I've got mine, fuck you!"

Pretty much why I left.

Fact is, the Post Office ONLY has a problem because the GOP Congress imposed ridiculous requirements on them to fund their pension plans 75 years out. They are covering operational costs.

Not to say that they shouldn't streamline and make their operation more efficient. They should. And when Republicans were sane, they'd insist on that.

Today, it's more along the lines "Gummit Bad. Gummit must be destroyed."

Competition is for the private sector. The government must provide critical services.

Getting your beanie babies from amazon is not a critical service, and if the post office could do it better and cheaper, they could compete, but they can't so they don't.

And if you happen to live in an area where UPS or Fed Ex can't make a profit operating, fuck you, eh?

The Republican Motto. "I've got mine, fuck you!"

Pretty much why I left.

Fact is, the Post Office ONLY has a problem because the GOP Congress imposed ridiculous requirements on them to fund their pension plans 75 years out. They are covering operational costs.

Not to say that they shouldn't streamline and make their operation more efficient. They should. And when Republicans were sane, they'd insist on that.

Today, it's more along the lines "Gummit Bad. Gummit must be destroyed."

You know that bill was co-sponsored by %66 Democrat, right?

and that has what meaning?

That if they get one Democrat to sign up to their bad ideas, that absolves them of all responsibility, I guess.

No dumbass. How could one person equal 66%? You do not think that 66% had more backers when it came to a vote? Shut your partisan BS up, it was both sides.. IE the Gov't

Point was, it was a REPUBLICAN Congress that passed this goofy law and a REPUBLICAN president who signed off on it.

And it was a bad idea. Let's all agree to that.

It was co-sponsored by Democrats. Get it through your skull, hack.
It was a bi-partisan deal, do you understand?
Yes, I think it was a bad idea.

What a joke
Maybe thats how the gov't will make ACA better when it crashes everything? Sell "poor, cheap and sick" clothing

The Postal Service wouldn't be in trouble if the GOP hadn't insisted that they fund their pension fund 75 years out. They are making enough money to cover current operations.

They could also make money by charging mass mailing and junk mailers the same rate that you and I pay to mail a letter.
Joe are you and TM and Dean all just purposely being stupid?....ok i will say it again.....the Republicans ALONG with the Democrats put that Bill forth....geezus....

What a joke

The USPS had one opprotunity years ago to stave off its slow demise. I had to reorganize its package divisions to work like UPS and FedEx. delivery by a certain date and time. It has the infrastructre for it, what it didnt have was the will.

UPS and FedEx dont handle nearly as many documents as they used to, thanks to PDF and electronic signature. They more than made up for this though via shipping of online purchased items.

Interesting.

I read recently that FEDEX uses USPS to ship 30% of its packages.

Any idea if that's true?

yes and so does UPS......something like 400 million of their packages....

and that has what meaning?

That if they get one Democrat to sign up to their bad ideas, that absolves them of all responsibility, I guess.

in this case they had 2 co-sponsors out of 3......and if you notice Joe the Democrats told the Unions they will preserve Sat Delivery......see where that has gone?.....notice how they have not repealed that bill?.....notice how they have done just as much as the Republicans to address their problems?....GM had no problems getting these guys to address their problems..... a private Company.....the PO is government owned ......

No dumbass. How could one person equal 66%? You do not think that 66% had more backers when it came to a vote? Shut your partisan BS up, it was both sides.. IE the Gov't

Point was, it was a REPUBLICAN Congress that passed this goofy law and a REPUBLICAN president who signed off on it.

And it was a bad idea. Let's all agree to that.
bad idea yes......the rest of what you say.....bullshit.....

As one from a marketing background with extensive experience in brand licensing agreements, this should be good for the USPS, assuming of course the government bureaucracy stays out of the way and let's the experienced fashion apparel company do its thing. And if the legal eagles at Wahconah Group did their job well there's language to that effect in their contractual agreement.

There are several ways to structure an agreement of this type depending, for example, which party owns the Rain Heat & Snow brand. I tend to think it's the USPS, but haven't seen that specifically spelled out anywhere. But the bottom line is Wahconah will be paying an annual royalty based on whatever percentage of sales the parties agreed to and, perhaps, endorsement fees along the lines of what Nike might pay a college or pro team to wear stuff featuring their logo(s) and whatnot.

At least that's how things could work out in private industry with such an agreement. Guess we'll have to wait and see how smartly Wahconah handled these negotiations.

they are talking about winter clothes.....not the Uniform.....do any of you people do any research before you post?....

So you actually thought we were being serious? Well I guess if you can take the USPS selling a clothing line seriously.......

if Harley would have said it no.....i know him.... you other two guys not so much.....and the PO has some outdoor nasty weather clothes that actually work pretty well....when i first started they did not.....

I'm not questioning the quality of the clothes they may buy from a manufacture.
I'm questioning the intelligence of thinking that anyone's going to buy the stuff.

they are talking about winter clothes.....not the Uniform.....do any of you people do any research before you post?....

So you actually thought we were being serious? Well I guess if you can take the USPS selling a clothing line seriously.......

if Harley would have said it no.....i know him.... you other two guys not so much.....and the PO has some outdoor nasty weather clothes that actually work pretty well....when i first started they did not.....

I'm not questioning the quality of the clothes they may buy from a manufacture.
I'm questioning the intelligence in thinking that anyone's going to buy the stuff.

Forum List

Back