USPSs way of "getting back in the game"

So you actually thought we were being serious? Well I guess if you can take the USPS selling a clothing line seriously.......

if Harley would have said it no.....i know him.... you other two guys not so much.....and the PO has some outdoor nasty weather clothes that actually work pretty well....when i first started they did not.....

I'm not questioning the quality of the clothes they may buy from a manufacture.
I'm questioning the intelligence of thinking that anyone's going to buy the stuff.

you would be surprised.....people in this Country buy some fucking strange things....

Cash-strapped Postal Service to launch new clothing line | Fox News

Seems like they are going for a clothing line? LOL
What a joke
I am sure that will save them :eusa_whistle:
Maybe thats how the gov't will make ACA better when it crashes everything? Sell "poor, cheap and sick" clothing

The Postal Service wouldn't be in trouble if the GOP hadn't insisted that they fund their pension fund 75 years out. They are making enough money to cover current operations.

They could also make money by charging mass mailing and junk mailers the same rate that you and I pay to mail a letter.
Joe are you and TM and Dean all just purposely being stupid?....ok i will say it again.....the Republicans ALONG with the Democrats put that Bill forth....geezus....

So when they privatize or downsize your job, you are going to take comfort in that?

I wouldn't.

Maybe they can call the new line of clothes they are selling "Going Postal".

The USPS had one opprotunity years ago to stave off its slow demise. I had to reorganize its package divisions to work like UPS and FedEx. delivery by a certain date and time. It has the infrastructre for it, what it didnt have was the will.

UPS and FedEx dont handle nearly as many documents as they used to, thanks to PDF and electronic signature. They more than made up for this though via shipping of online purchased items.

Interesting.

I read recently that FEDEX uses USPS to ship 30% of its packages.

Any idea if that's true?

yes and so does UPS......something like 400 million of their packages....

More than likely the non time critical ones.

Competition is for the private sector. The government must provide critical services.

Getting your beanie babies from amazon is not a critical service, and if the post office could do it better and cheaper, they could compete, but they can't so they don't.

And if you happen to live in an area where UPS or Fed Ex can't make a profit operating, fuck you, eh?

The Republican Motto. "I've got mine, fuck you!"

Pretty much why I left.

Fact is, the Post Office ONLY has a problem because the GOP Congress imposed ridiculous requirements on them to fund their pension plans 75 years out. They are covering operational costs.

Not to say that they shouldn't streamline and make their operation more efficient. They should. And when Republicans were sane, they'd insist on that.

Today, it's more along the lines "Gummit Bad. Gummit must be destroyed."

No, then you wait a week for your beanie baby.

The Postal Service wouldn't be in trouble if the GOP hadn't insisted that they fund their pension fund 75 years out. They are making enough money to cover current operations.

They could also make money by charging mass mailing and junk mailers the same rate that you and I pay to mail a letter.
Joe are you and TM and Dean all just purposely being stupid?....ok i will say it again.....the Republicans ALONG with the Democrats put that Bill forth....geezus....

So when they privatize or downsize your job, you are going to take comfort in that?

I wouldn't.

Maybe they can call the new line of clothes they are selling "Going Postal".

when that happens you can blame the Democrats too......why the hell do you people think they are helping the PO?......the Unions here are not to happy with all their so called "friends" right now....we have a guy from the Union who is following the Postal hearings.....he reported a few weeks ago that in over a year of these hearings all they have accomplished is naming 13 Post Offices around the country.....and have come up with a few proposals......but yet in a few months no Sat Delivery unless these jerks get off their asses and do what they are there to do....

yes and so does UPS......something like 400 million of their packages....

priority mail is priority mail....and that's what a lot of hem are....

From what I read of UPS its from the fact you can use USPS services at the UPS stores. So if you want to use the USPS you drop you package off at the UPS store, they handle the processing for a small fee, and the USPS handles the rest.

I wouldnt think they use the USPS distribution system in lieu of thier own, that wouldnt be very efficent.

priority mail is priority mail....and that's what a lot of hem are....

From what I read of UPS its from the fact you can use USPS services at the UPS stores. So if you want to use the USPS you drop you package off at the UPS store, they handle the processing for a small fee, and the USPS handles the rest.

I wouldnt think they use the USPS distribution system in lieu of thier own, that wouldnt be very efficent.

Marty we have a UPS driver bring us 2 Hampers full of their parcels ( Mail Innovations) EVERY day just too our office.....Fed-X delivers theirs (Smart Post) to the Distribution plants.....

when that happens you can blame the Democrats too......why the hell do you people think they are helping the PO?......the Unions here are not to happy with all their so called "friends" right now....we have a guy from the Union who is following the Postal hearings.....he reported a few weeks ago that in over a year of these hearings all they have accomplished is naming 13 Post Offices around the country.....and have come up with a few proposals......but yet in a few months no Sat Delivery unless these jerks get off their asses and do what they are there to do....

I won't defend either party in Congress. They are all unacceptable in their sloth.

That said, though, the Democrats crime here is one of ommission. They should have known exactly what the Republicans were up to when they proposed the "fund the pension funds into perpetuity" proposal would do to the post office, and they went along with it anyway.

The Republicans want to destroy the post office and replace it was a privatized thing they can sell off to their cronies.

Forum List

Back