Uvalde still going after the money........

Dr.Destructo

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2024

It's one thing to get damages for neglect and apathy from the police and government for sitting on their donut filled asses and doing NOTHING while kids are being gunned down.

It's ANOTHER thing to make money off of the dead, for your own greed and avarice.

so the cowardliness of the police officers should be allowed? how many of those kids might have lived if the police had done their jobs?

I would prefer jail terms for them for neglecting their duties ...the money will be paid by insurance not the officers

s that
It's one thing to get damages for neglect and apathy from the police and government for sitting on their donut filled asses and doing NOTHING while kids are being gunned down.

It's ANOTHER thing to make money off of the dead, for your own greed and avarice.

After the cowards that make up the cops there. Those families can't get enough money. How much is not enough for every minute of terror those children went through.

Oh, noes, the gun industry and their enablers might be held to economic account for the misery they cause.

After the cowards that make up the cops there. Those families can't get enough money. How much is not enough for every minute of terror those children went through.

This isn't about the money.

Good grief. This better get tossed.
Kinda start to lose sympathy for people like this.

I'd rather they be able to sue the gun store that sold to this idiot.

I'd like to see us do a better job addressing things like this.

He was frequently bullied at school due to his stutter, short haircut, and limited wardrobe, because his family was unable to afford more.

I'm not sure how the store was supposed to know he shouldn't have had a gun.

Furthermore, he did not have a criminal record or any documented mental health issues.

Now others did know he had issues.

Ramos' social media acquaintances said he openly abused and killed animals such as cats and would livestream the abuse on Yubo.[132] Other social media acquaintances said that he would also livestream himself on Yubo threatening to kidnap and rape girls who used the app, as well as threatening to commit a school shooting.[131] Ramos' account was reported to Yubo, but no action was taken

I'm sure his family would have had a very difficult time getting him adequate counseling.

Uvalde school shooting - Wikipedia

How would they know? He didnt have a record. Criminal or mental.

Born in Fargo, North Dakota,[126] Salvador Rolando Ramos was a resident of Uvalde from an early age and was a former student at Uvalde High School.[127] He also attended Robb Elementary School for fourth grade in the same classroom where he was killed.[128] He was frequently bullied at school due to his stutter, short haircut, and limited wardrobe, because his family was unable to afford more.[9][10][129] At one point another student tied his shoelaces together, causing him to fall face down.[9] Lt. Chris Olivarez from Texas DPS claimed that Ramos had no friends.[130] Furthermore, he did not have a criminal record or any documented mental health issues.[55] However, he had searched the term "sociopath" and received an email about possible treatment.[9] He had also previously posted violent threats online.[131] School officials at Uvalde High School withdrew him from the school on October 28, 2021, due to his frequent absences.[129]

Ramos' social media acquaintances said he openly abused and killed animals such as cats and would livestream the abuse on Yubo.[132] Other social media acquaintances said that he would also livestream himself on Yubo threatening to kidnap and rape girls who used the app, as well as threatening to commit a school shooting.[131] Ramos' account was reported to Yubo, but no action was taken.[131][133] Up until a month before the shooting, Ramos worked at a local Wendy's and had been employed there for at least a year. According to the store's night manager, he went out of his way to keep to himself.[134] One of his coworkers said he was occasionally rude to his female coworkers, to whom he sent inappropriate text messages, and would intimidate coworkers at his job by asking them, "Do you know who I am?"[97] Ramos' coworkers referred to him by names including "school shooter" because he had long hair and frequently wore black clothing.[135]

A year before the shooting, Ramos started posting pictures to his Instagram account of semi-automatic rifles that were on his wish list. According to a friend of his, he would often drive around at night with another friend, shooting at strangers with a BB gun and egging cars. According to a man who was in a relationship with Ramos' mother, Ramos moved out of his mother's house and into his grandparents' house two months before the shooting, after an argument broke out between him and his mother over Ramos turning off the Wi-Fi.[56] People close to Ramos' family described his mother as a drug user and said he frequently argued with her. Two months prior to the shooting, he posted a video of himself on Instagram aggressively arguing with his mother and referring to her as a "bitch".[5][136] Ramos' mother described her son as "not a monster" but admitted that he could "be aggressive".[137] His grandfather said that his grandson did not have a driver's license and did not know how to drive.[48] According to his father, Ramos had a girlfriend, who lived in San Antonio.[138] On May 14, Ramos sent a private Instagram message reading, "10 more days". A person responded, "Are you going to shoot up a school or something?" He replied, "No, stop asking dumb questions. You'll see."[131]

According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, in September 2021, Ramos asked his older sister to buy him a gun, but she refused.[60] On May 17, 2022, a day after his 18th birthday, he legally purchased a Smith & Wesson semi automatic rifle from a local gun store. He then purchased another rifle three days later.[139] Investigators later found that his gun had a "hellfire" trigger device, which decreases the time required for the trigger to reset, increasing the possible rate of fire.[140] Ramos sent an Instagram message to an acquaintance he met through Yubo, which showed the receipt for an AR-15 style rifle purchased from Georgia-based online retailer Daniel Defense eight days before the shooting.[1][141][142] He posted a picture of two rifles on his Instagram account three days before the shooting.[143]

Ahead of the shooting, Ramos had purchased 1,657 total rounds of ammunition,[144] which included 375 rounds of 5.56 NATO ammunition purchased on May 18, 2022.[139] A total of 315 rounds were found inside the school, consisting of 142 spent cartridges and 173 live rounds. Additionally, a total of 922 rounds were found on school property outside the building, consisting of 22 spent cartridges and 900 live rounds. Overall, Ramos fired 164 rounds during the shooting.[144] Police and Border Patrol officers fired a combined total of 35 rounds during the shooting: eight in the hallway and 27 in the classroom where Ramos was killed.[145]

Born in Fargo, North Dakota,[126] Salvador Rolando Ramos was a resident of Uvalde from an early age and was a former student at Uvalde High School.[127] He also attended Robb Elementary School for fourth grade in the same classroom where he was killed.[128] He was frequently bullied at school due to his stutter, short haircut, and limited wardrobe, because his family was unable to afford more.[9][10][129] At one point another student tied his shoelaces together, causing him to fall face down.[9] Lt. Chris Olivarez from Texas DPS claimed that Ramos had no friends.[130] Furthermore, he did not have a criminal record or any documented mental health issues.[55] However, he had searched the term "sociopath" and received an email about possible treatment.[9] He had also previously posted violent threats online.[131] School officials at Uvalde High School withdrew him from the school on October 28, 2021, due to his frequent absences.[129]

Ramos' social media acquaintances said he openly abused and killed animals such as cats and would livestream the abuse on Yubo.[132] Other social media acquaintances said that he would also livestream himself on Yubo threatening to kidnap and rape girls who used the app, as well as threatening to commit a school shooting.[131] Ramos' account was reported to Yubo, but no action was taken.[131][133] Up until a month before the shooting, Ramos worked at a local Wendy's and had been employed there for at least a year. According to the store's night manager, he went out of his way to keep to himself.[134] One of his coworkers said he was occasionally rude to his female coworkers, to whom he sent inappropriate text messages, and would intimidate coworkers at his job by asking them, "Do you know who I am?"[97] Ramos' coworkers referred to him by names including "school shooter" because he had long hair and frequently wore black clothing.[135]

A year before the shooting, Ramos started posting pictures to his Instagram account of semi-automatic rifles that were on his wish list. According to a friend of his, he would often drive around at night with another friend, shooting at strangers with a BB gun and egging cars. According to a man who was in a relationship with Ramos' mother, Ramos moved out of his mother's house and into his grandparents' house two months before the shooting, after an argument broke out between him and his mother over Ramos turning off the Wi-Fi.[56] People close to Ramos' family described his mother as a drug user and said he frequently argued with her. Two months prior to the shooting, he posted a video of himself on Instagram aggressively arguing with his mother and referring to her as a "bitch".[5][136] Ramos' mother described her son as "not a monster" but admitted that he could "be aggressive".[137] His grandfather said that his grandson did not have a driver's license and did not know how to drive.[48] According to his father, Ramos had a girlfriend, who lived in San Antonio.[138] On May 14, Ramos sent a private Instagram message reading, "10 more days". A person responded, "Are you going to shoot up a school or something?" He replied, "No, stop asking dumb questions. You'll see."[131]

According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, in September 2021, Ramos asked his older sister to buy him a gun, but she refused.[60] On May 17, 2022, a day after his 18th birthday, he legally purchased a Smith & Wesson semi automatic rifle from a local gun store. He then purchased another rifle three days later.[139] Investigators later found that his gun had a "hellfire" trigger device, which decreases the time required for the trigger to reset, increasing the possible rate of fire.[140] Ramos sent an Instagram message to an acquaintance he met through Yubo, which showed the receipt for an AR-15 style rifle purchased from Georgia-based online retailer Daniel Defense eight days before the shooting.[1][141][142] He posted a picture of two rifles on his Instagram account three days before the shooting.[143]

Ahead of the shooting, Ramos had purchased 1,657 total rounds of ammunition,[144] which included 375 rounds of 5.56 NATO ammunition purchased on May 18, 2022.[139] A total of 315 rounds were found inside the school, consisting of 142 spent cartridges and 173 live rounds. Additionally, a total of 922 rounds were found on school property outside the building, consisting of 22 spent cartridges and 900 live rounds. Overall, Ramos fired 164 rounds during the shooting.[144] Police and Border Patrol officers fired a combined total of 35 rounds during the shooting: eight in the hallway and 27 in the classroom where Ramos was killed.[145]
As I said, he didnt have a record.

I'd like to see us do a better job addressing things like this.

He was frequently bullied at school due to his stutter, short haircut, and limited wardrobe, because his family was unable to afford more.

Yeah, bullshit. We don't need to raise a generation of sissies. Getting picked on in school is a right of passage. You learn to deal with awful people when you are young so you can deal with them when you are an adult.

I'm not sure how the store was supposed to know he shouldn't have had a gun.

Furthermore, he did not have a criminal record or any documented mental health issues.

Um, they could have checked.

I'm in the process of getting my wife a relative sponsorship. To do this, I had to submit 200 pages of documentation to USCIS to prove that we really are married, we really have a relationship, and this isn't a scam to get her a green card. (She already had a green card, and she's been living here for 7 years.)

It seems to me that we should do a lot more than just hope they honestly fill out the 4473 and the clerk punches a name into a database that is incomplete by design.

Now others did know he had issues.

And if anyone had bothered to talk to them, they'd know he shouldn't have had a gun.

As I said, he didnt have a record.
No, but he did have a ton of red flags that even a mild background check would have found.

You can't have an inadequate background check and say,"Job well done!"

This is why I think that we should let the victims of gun violence sue when some nutter shoots up a school or shopping mall.

I promise you, a few million dollar verdicts, the gun industry will spend the few hundred to do meaningful background checks.

No one can buy a gun w/o extensive background check performed by Deep State. They approved this “loon”. Almost as if they send out known crazed trannies and imports to do their dirty work. They spread virus, made tens of millions homeless in 09. Why not this?

No, but he did have a ton of red flags that even a mild background check would have found.

You can't have an inadequate background check and say,"Job well done!"

This is why I think that we should let the victims of gun violence sue when some nutter shoots up a school or shopping mall.

I promise you, a few million dollar verdicts, the gun industry will spend the few hundred to do meaningful background checks.
So sue the NICS then? lolz

No one can buy a gun w/o extensive background check performed by Deep State. They approved this “loon”. Almost as if they send out known crazed trannies and imports to do their dirty work. They spread virus, made tens of millions homeless in 09. Why not this?
Except the background checks aren't extensive.

The background check they are doing on my wife's immigration petition is extensive.
The background check they did when I applied for my job was extensive.
The background check they did when I applied for my mortgage was extensive.

Filling out Form 4473 is not extensive.

Forum List

Back