Vaxed transmit COVID as easily as unVaxed...

you concerned about catching COVID?
Not nearly as much as I was February 2020. I'm healthy. Relatively fit. Under 50. No underlying conditions.

According to the evidence... Vaccine or no...I have an excellent chance of being A-OK.

But of course there is an undercurrent of concern. More than being struck by lightning or sucked up by a tornado...but less than being the victim of violent crime or hit by a distracted driver.

I don't want to lead you down garden path... I believe you are making an assumption...I think there's a question that you should ask before this question...

Have I taken the vaccine...

And the answer is yes. I've been vaccinated since May. The wife has asthma and my folks are in their 80's.

I weighed the consequences against the benefits... and the scales given my personal set of circumstances tilted toward vaccination. My folks need my help today... They sacrificed to raise me... I'm willing to take the risk of future side effects to fulfill my Familial obligations.

That is not the case for a 30 year old with parents my age. They have 50 good years ahead of them. Perhaps child bearing and rearing years. My father was 35 when I was born... And I'm the eldest.

That is an entirely different situation.

Just because I made one choice doesn't mean I cannot see the value of the other.
Good for you, you did what you thought was best for your family. I can only hope more people see it that way and do what’s best not only for their family and themselves but also for their community, country and world.

Not nearly as much as I was February 2020. I'm healthy. Relatively fit. Under 50. No underlying conditions.

According to the evidence... Vaccine or no...I have an excellent chance of being A-OK.

But of course there is an undercurrent of concern. More than being struck by lightning or sucked up by a tornado...but less than being the victim of violent crime or hit by a distracted driver.
Would it be fair for me to say that all data points to Covid as being a larger risk than the risks from the vaccines? And also that the vaccines are currently our best tool to reduce the spread, hospitalizations and deaths from COVID?

Would it be fair for me to say that all data points to Covid as being a larger risk than the risks from the vaccines? And also that the vaccines are currently our best tool to reduce the spread, hospitalizations and deaths from COVID?
I think it would be fair to the currently known data points that way.

There are a lot of unknowns as well.

The most recent data is starting to tip the scales the other direction though... Regardless of the unknown.

When it was believed the vaccine fought off the infection almost immediately...that was really a boon. It eliminated many of the concerns that COVID-19 could hide out like chicken pox and herpes... Flaring up at a later date with unknown ramification.

If vaxxed and unvaxxed are equally at risk... That's a lost positive for the vaccine.

And,. as has been mentioned repeatedly... The vaccine is experimental. We really have no idea what the long term side effects might be. Big pharma didn't negotiate indemnity from liability for shits and giggles.

I think it would be fair to the currently known data points that way.

There are a lot of unknowns as well.

The most recent data is starting to tip the scales the other though.

When it was believed the vaccine fought off the infection almost immediately...that was really a boon. It eliminated many of the concerns that COVID-19 could hide out like chicken pox and herpes... Flaring up at a later date with unknown ramification.

If vaxxed and unvaxxed are equally at risk... That's a lost positive for the vaccine.

And,. as has been mentioned repeatedly... The vaccine is experimental. We really have no idea what the long term side effects might be. Big pharma didn't negotiate indemnity from liability for shits and giggles.
Agreed that the delta strain has weakened the positives for the vax but plenty still do exists and I think you’d agree that COViD still has many unknowns as well which seem to be a much great risk than the vaccine unknowns. Both were created in a lab after all. One intended to hurt us and the other intended to help us. I’ll roll with the latter

Agreed that the delta strain has weakened the positives for the vax but plenty still do exists and I think you’d agree that COViD still has many unknowns as well which seem to be a much great risk than the vaccine unknowns. Both were created in a lab after all. One intended to hurt us and the other intended to help us. I’ll roll with the latter
Fair enough.

I have a question for you.

Can you see/understand the other side. That to some...facing the known risks of COVID-19 while eliminating the unknown risks of the vaccine is an extremely valid and even enticing decision?

Better to have the Devil you know than the Devil you don't know.

Look at Gerald Ford and the swine flu vaccine... and Gulf War Syndrome... The concerns of those hesitant to receive an experimental vaccine cannot be dismissed out of hand.

They may be the ones who are right... And it may well behoove us that they NOT receive the vaccine.

Fair enough.

I have a question for you.

Can you see/understand the other side. That to some...facing the known risks of COVID-19 while eliminating the unknown risks of the vaccine is an extremely valid and even enticing decision?

Better to have the Devil you know than the Devil you don't know.

Look at Gerald Ford and the swine flu vaccine... and Gulf War Syndrome... The concerns of those hesitant to receive an experimental vaccine cannot be dismissed out of hand.

They may be the ones who are right... And it may well behoove us that they NOT receive the vaccine.
If it wasn’t for my family I probably wouldn’t have taken the shot. I’ve never had a flu shot and don’t blindly trust anything I hear from the government. So yes I understand the other side. But I still think taking the shot is a no brainer and a worthy risk for the betterment of our country. I don’t favor children being mandated to take the shot without more testing either. My biggest issue is the politicization and dishonesty that is going on. I want this to be over but the anti mask anti vax anti everything Biden recommends crew has really screwed things up as their resistence only contributes to more regulations, more infections and a longer pandemic.

Forum List

Back