Veep Debate Thread

Mod Q: What are going to do about homegrown terrorists?

Pence: Bigger wall!

Mod: I asked about the local terrorists.

Pense: Yea, but we need bigger wall to protect our citizens!
On that question, which was #15, neither Pence nor Caine answered 100% on point.

I gave each of them 1/2 point on that one.

They both veered off point to ad hom their opponent POTUS candidate.

Yea they both veered, but at least Caine managed not to make a complete fool of himself with his answer while kicking Mike's ass on immigration policy.

The honest here will declare that Gov Pense won this debate
Pence actually performed quite poorly technically.
I agree. He wins only because Kaine sabotaged himself.
What is your definition of "win" ??

Do you even have one ??
A win in a debate is how the viewers feel about voting for each person after the debate. Pence is going to score higher on that count.

If you look at my earlier post, I plainly said Kaine gave more substantive answers. However, his antics undid him.

Why does Pence lie so much? He denied several things that I've heard him say in the past. I expect he will be heavily fact-checked.

I loved how he was no-no-no-noing with his head the entire time Caine had anything to say, including easily confirmed facts.

I guess that's what they spent a lot of time practicing. "When he talks you just shake your chin left-to-right and keep up the left side of the lip"

The honest here will declare that Gov Pense won this debate
Pence actually performed quite poorly technically.
I agree. He wins only because Kaine sabotaged himself.
What is your definition of "win" ??

Do you even have one ??
A win in a debate is how the viewers feel about voting for each person after the debate. Pence is going to score higher on that count.
So you are grading by emotional appeals.

I believe your criterion is a fallacy.

I don't believe either one of them will impact anybody who has not already made up their mind.

And I seriously doubt either one of them will have an effect on anyone still undecided.

Pence is great. He stands strong against the homosexual agenda. He will help steer the Trump Administration will do the right thing in that regard and push the perverts back into the closet.

Oh shit, Kaine with the TKO on Trump's comment that women should be punished for abortions...ouch!!!
Kaine had lots of TKO's.

Pence had none.

Pence was always on the defensive.

Kaine was always on the offense.

So you are grading by emotional appeals

No, he is stating the reality of how you win a debate.

The target audience of these debates are undecided and uninformed voters. If you do not engage in emotional appeals, you will get slaughtered.

Kaine was in the mud and embarrassingly unprofessional.

Pence in contrast was calm, cool and collected. Pence won despite the memorized MSNBC one liners from that douchebag Kaine the Klown and that creepy, Hillary protecting moderator!

Yep, he was constantly checking his notes to make sure he covered all his zingers.

Mike Huckabee: “Tim Kaine was bland and canned. Mike Pence was ready and relaxed. It’s the difference between a glass of vinegar and a glass of sweet tea. Tim Kaine looked uncomfortable, and when the debate ended, he went to Waffle House because Mike Pence. ATE. HIS. LUNCH.”

VP debates don't matter unless one of the candidates is Sarah Palin bad. This isn't going to change anyone's mind.

Forum List

Back