Verizon strike ending . Unions win new contract !

Or they can make better investments in quality wiring and connections.

There were 40,000 workers on the east coast striking. I doubt if there is even a considerable percentage of them climbing polls.

How do you suppose your dial tone travels miles from the central office to your home or business? Someone has to physically build that connection. There is no way that replacing the entire cabling infrastructure of the country is cheaper than a pay raise.

There is no way that replacing the entire cabling infrastructure of the country is cheaper than a pay raise.

The libtard validates my argument that you can automate anything and everything if money was no object.

We could build an elevator to the moon with your logic. That in no way is reasonable argument.

Its not my logic it's the fucking truth, we always say that when dealing with automation and robotics.

God damn it again fool, if money is no fucking object you can automate anything and everything

You're logic is flawed in this discussion fool. By your logic, if money was no object, then wage increases would be inconsequential as well.
Obviously Verizon doesn't have unlimited funds. Automation is not a possibility in this case.

Can you comprehend my words "if money was no object"

How many Times do I have to repeat myself so it sinks in?

If money was no object you can automate anything and everything..

How do you suppose your dial tone travels miles from the central office to your home or business? Someone has to physically build that connection. There is no way that replacing the entire cabling infrastructure of the country is cheaper than a pay raise.

There is no way that replacing the entire cabling infrastructure of the country is cheaper than a pay raise.

The libtard validates my argument that you can automate anything and everything if money was no object.

We could build an elevator to the moon with your logic. That in no way is reasonable argument.

Its not my logic it's the fucking truth, we always say that when dealing with automation and robotics.

God damn it again fool, if money is no fucking object you can automate anything and everything

You're logic is flawed in this discussion fool. By your logic, if money was no object, then wage increases would be inconsequential as well.
Obviously Verizon doesn't have unlimited funds. Automation is not a possibility in this case.

Can you comprehend my words "if money was no object"

How many Times do I have to repeat myself so it sinks in?

If money was no object you can automate anything and everything..

From my post that you just quoted.

By your logic, if money was no object, then wage increases would be inconsequential as well.

Now tell me what any of this has to do with the discussion at hand.

The whining from the right is amazing.The 2 biggest thing this strike did was 1. Made Verizon keep more jobs in America,( we do want that right? I do) and 2. Help their retirees more. They gave you 25-30 years they deserve to be treated better.

The whining from the right is amazing.The 2 biggest thing this strike did was 1. Made Verizon keep more jobs in America,( we do want that right? I do) and 2. Help their retirees more. They gave you 25-30 years they deserve to be treated better.

Did they release the settlement? I worked late and didn't have time to go through the national news.

Did they release the settlement? I worked late and didn't have time to go through the national news.
No idea just saw the news release soon as it happened few days ago.

Most of those jobs couldn't be shipped out anyway as they were linesman and repair crews

And it's up to people to help themselves. Employees do not give their employers anything. They are paid for the time they sell

Saying employers have to help retirees is like saying customers of a business should help the business owner after he retires by continuing to pay him

Most of those jobs couldn't be shipped out anyway as they were linesman and repair crews

And it's up to people to help themselves. Employees do not give their employers anything. They are paid for the time they sell

Saying employers have to help retirees is like saying customers of a business should help the business owner after he retires by continuing to pay him

These liberals never ask where the money is going to come from, just make it happen.

Even if retirement was part of the settlement, I as a customer don't want to pay for somebody else to sit home and get a check every month with free medical care.

That's why I drive a Japanese car today. A good chunk of the price of an American car is to pay all those people that retired at the age of 55 and living the good life.

These liberals never ask where the money is going to come from, just make it happen.

Even if retirement was part of the settlement, I as a customer don't want to pay for somebody else to sit home and get a check every month with free medical care.

That's why I drive a Japanese car today. A good chunk of the price of an American car is to pay all those people that retired at the age of 55 and living the good life.

What a patriot.

Keep pushing it?
So there can never be pay raises ever?

Sure there can, when the employer decides it's time for one, or the employer considers an employees request for one. But no, not by force. That's when you throw a monkey wrench into the works.

Collective bargaining is not force. It's leverage.

And it's fine until people refuse to do the job for which they were hired.

The second an employee walks off a job he should lose that job

Keep pushing it?
So there can never be pay raises ever?

Sure there can, when the employer decides it's time for one, or the employer considers an employees request for one. But no, not by force. That's when you throw a monkey wrench into the works.

And it's fine until people refuse to do the job for which they were hired.

The second an employee walks off a job he should lose that job

They use their solidarity as leverage. Why is that a problem for you? Should employers only have leverage?

They give them sales which makes sure everyone gets paid.

They use their solidarity as leverage. Why is that a problem for you? Should employers only have leverage?

Should the children have leverage over their parents?
Should the criminals have leverage over the police?

Some people are leaders and some people are followers. The followers don't tell the leader how to lead.

When I pay my money to a vendor, I have the leverage. It's my money and I decide how to spend it. An employer should have the same leverage.

Right. That's like saying the robber bargained for your money. Your choice was to give him your money, or have him shoot you and he takes your money.

I'm with Skull Pilot: the minute you walk off the job, you're fired.

Should the children have leverage over their parents?
Should the criminals have leverage over the police?

Some people are leaders and some people are followers. The followers don't tell the leader how to lead.

When I pay my money to a vendor, I have the leverage. It's my money and I decide how to spend it. An employer should have the same leverage.

Workers are criminals or children?
Employers are the authority?

You live in a sad world if that's how you see it.

Right. That's like saying the robber bargained for your money. Your choice was to give him your money, or have him shoot you and he takes your money.

I'm with Skull Pilot: the minute you walk of the job, you're fired.

By definition, bargaining is negotiating a deal that all parties agree on. There is no theft.

By definition, bargaining is negotiating a deal that all parties agree on. There is no theft.

You negotiated when you took the job. If you don't like what you negotiated for before, then leave the job.

There is a difference between negotiations and extortion. If you are doing a good job, you'll be rewarded without having to threaten anybody.

Forum List

Back