Verizon strike ending . Unions win new contract !

By definition, bargaining is negotiating a deal that all parties agree on. There is no theft.

You negotiated when you took the job. If you don't like what you negotiated for before, then leave the job.

There is a difference between negotiations and extortion. If you are doing a good job, you'll be rewarded without having to threaten anybody.

Words have meanings. You don't get to decide the meaning is something else. Unless you're mental of course.

Collective Bargaining
Collective bargaining is the process in which working people, through their unions, negotiate contracts with their employers to determine their terms of employment, including pay, benefits, hours, leave, job health and safety policies, ways to balance work and family and more. Collective bargaining is a way to solve workplace problems.

ain a small group of workers makes a little more money and some are angry. They must be envious or upset about their job....why else would this other someone? Do you want to see them make less? Why?why are you against them?

Words have meanings. You don't get to decide the meaning is something else. Unless you're mental of course.

Collective Bargaining
Collective bargaining is the process in which working people, through their unions, negotiate contracts with their employers to determine their terms of employment, including pay, benefits, hours, leave, job health and safety policies, ways to balance work and family and more. Collective bargaining is a way to solve workplace problems.

Okay, so what's the difference between "collective bargaining" and extortion?

extortion |ikˈstôrSHən|
noun

the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats.

Collective Bargaining

Okay, so what's the difference between "collective bargaining" and extortion?

extortion |ikˈstôrSHən|
noun

the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats.

Dude, really?

Dude, really?

Yes, really. That's the definition of extortion. It's also the very thing union people do to companies. If companies wanted to give their employees X, then they would have offered it to them. It's only under the duress of unions where they are forced to give them what they want.

Dude, really?

Yes, really. That's the definition of extortion. It's also the very thing union people do to companies. If companies wanted to give their employees X, then they would have offered it to them. It's only under the duress of unions where they are forced to give them what they want.

I used to think you were simply clueless. Now I think you're a nutjob.

Extortion is also chincing on your workers wage wise and benefit wise. If you want people to work hard then you pay them accordingly. A lower wage should equal lower work production. The amount of productivity is proportional to pay....its called free market principles.

Extortion is also chincing on your workers wage wise and benefit wise. If you want people to work hard then you pay them accordingly. A lower wage should equal lower work production. The amount of productivity is proportional to pay....its called free market principles.

My suggestion is that you look up the word "extortion" and learn it's definition before you post.

Secondly, let's use an example of reverse collective bargaining. Let's say a company like Verizon decided it wanted to lower the pay of their employees. The employees rejected their plan so Verizon said you can't work here until you agree to lower wages. Do you think that's fair? Because that's exactly (in reverse) what unions do.

After all, if you believe in collective bargaining, you have to agree with it both ways.......no???

Keep pushing it?
So there can never be pay raises ever?

Sure there can, when the employer decides it's time for one, or the employer considers an employees request for one. But no, not by force. That's when you throw a monkey wrench into the works.

Collective bargaining is not force. It's leverage.

And it's fine until people refuse to do the job for which they were hired.

The second an employee walks off a job he should lose that job

They use their solidarity as leverage. Why is that a problem for you? Should employers only have leverage?

I already said collective bargaining is just fine but no one and I mean no one should be able to walk off a job and then be able to return to it with no consequences

The whining from the right is amazing.The 2 biggest thing this strike did was 1. Made Verizon keep more jobs in America,( we do want that right? I do) and 2. Help their retirees more. They gave you 25-30 years they deserve to be treated better.
Most of those jobs couldn't be shipped out anyway as they were linesman and repair crews

And it's up to people to help themselves. Employees do not give their employers anything. They are paid for the time they sell

Saying employers have to help retirees is like saying customers of a business should help the business owner after he retires by continuing to pay him
They give them sales which makes sure everyone gets paid.
They are paid to get those sales so no they do not "give" the employer anything

If you paid a guy to wash your car did he give you anything? No. If he washes your car every week for 20 years and you paid him the price quoted every time did he give you anything? No

Should you continue to pay him even after he stops washing cars? No

Bottom line is why does it bother you that a group of workers make a little more money? Why do you insist that they make a low wage? I would be happy to hear if you got a decent raise....why should they not get one?

Bottom line is why does it bother you that a group of workers make a little more money? Why do you insist that they make a low wage? I would be happy to hear if you got a decent raise....why should they not get one?

Because pettiness is a sacrament to the rightwingers.

My suggestion is that you look up the word "extortion" and learn it's definition before you post.

Secondly, let's use an example of reverse collective bargaining. Let's say a company like Verizon decided it wanted to lower the pay of their employees. The employees rejected their plan so Verizon said you can't work here until you agree to lower wages. Do you think that's fair? Because that's exactly (in reverse) what unions do.

After all, if you believe in collective bargaining, you have to agree with it both ways.......no???

By not raising wages annually to keep pace with inflation employers are lowering wages over time.
Unions don't renegotiate annually. Over a decade, wages can lose 20% of their value.
It's not even so much a raise as an adjustment to the current cost of living.

The whining from the right is amazing.The 2 biggest thing this strike did was 1. Made Verizon keep more jobs in America,( we do want that right? I do) and 2. Help their retirees more. They gave you 25-30 years they deserve to be treated better.
Most of those jobs couldn't be shipped out anyway as they were linesman and repair crews

And it's up to people to help themselves. Employees do not give their employers anything. They are paid for the time they sell

Saying employers have to help retirees is like saying customers of a business should help the business owner after he retires by continuing to pay him

If you paid a guy to wash your car did he give you anything? No. If he washes your car every week for 20 years and you paid him the price quoted every time did he give you anything? No

You hate the workers for thinking they should be treated fairly. Ya know you could just move to some beautiful libertardian utopia like Somalia and be completely happy!

Those guys at Verizon are NOT low wage workers

And IDGAF if people negotiate

I have a problem with people thinking they can walk off a job and expect to keep that job

You negotiate while you are doing the job you agreed to do. The second you walk off a job you should be shit canned

You hate the workers for thinking they should be treated fairly. Ya know you could just move to some beautiful libertardian utopia like Somalia and be completely happy!

I don't hate anyone you Idiot.

I don't care if people ask for more money go ahead get as much as you can

You just don't walk off a fucking job and expect not to get your ass fired for it

Once again something no political stays in the politic forum because a left winger posted it. It seem like there just might be a little bit of bias.

You just don't walk off a fucking job and expect not to get your ass fired for it
That's what happens when the bosses intend not listen to the workers and make working conditions better. You KEEP good workers by making them happy and they keep you rich. Very simple. Its the beautiful thing about unions workings fighting together.

That's what happens when the bosses intend not listen to the workers and make working conditions better. You KEEP good workers by making them happy and they keep you rich. Very simple. Its the beautiful thing about unions workings fighting together.

Sorry but you walk off a job at my business and you get shit canned pronto

What kind of piece of shit agrees to work then refuses to work and then has the balls to think they should get their job back?

Forum List

Back