Verizon strike ending . Unions win new contract !

You hate the workers for thinking they should be treated fairly. Ya know you could just move to some beautiful libertardian utopia like Somalia and be completely happy!

I don't hate anyone you Idiot.

I don't care if people ask for more money go ahead get as much as you can

You just don't walk off a fucking job and expect not to get your ass fired for it
That's what happens when the bosses intend not listen to the workers and make working conditions better. You KEEP good workers by making them happy and they keep you rich. Very simple. Its the beautiful thing about unions workings fighting together.

Sorry but you walk off a job at my business and you get shit canned pronto

What kind of piece of shit agrees to work then refuses to work and then has the balls to think they should get their job back?
What kind of piece of shit company tries to screw people that loyally provided them with labor and brought in business for 30 years? What kind of company tries to screw its workers out of a job because they can skirt labor laws and min wage laws by sending the jobs overseas?

Hey those people got the pay they agreed to they weren't being screwed by anyone. Did Verizon refuse to pay them during the negotiations. No

You still seem to think employees give their employers labor for free. They don't they all got paid the wage they agreed to work for and got paid on time.

Why should you be able to walk off a job not come back for weeks or months and expect that job to be there waiting for you?
When they are hired its due to the CURRENT contract. That contract expired Verizon refused to come to an agreement...that's the way things work. Just because someone is hired for 10$ doesn't mean they stay at 10$ forever.

I don't hate anyone you Idiot.

I don't care if people ask for more money go ahead get as much as you can

You just don't walk off a fucking job and expect not to get your ass fired for it
That's what happens when the bosses intend not listen to the workers and make working conditions better. You KEEP good workers by making them happy and they keep you rich. Very simple. Its the beautiful thing about unions workings fighting together.

What kind of piece of shit agrees to work then refuses to work and then has the balls to think they should get their job back?
What kind of piece of shit company tries to screw people that loyally provided them with labor and brought in business for 30 years? What kind of company tries to screw its workers out of a job because they can skirt labor laws and min wage laws by sending the jobs overseas?

Hey those people got the pay they agreed to they weren't being screwed by anyone. Did Verizon refuse to pay them during the negotiations. No

You still seem to think employees give their employers labor for free. They don't they all got paid the wage they agreed to work for and got paid on time.

Why should you be able to walk off a job not come back for weeks or months and expect that job to be there waiting for you?
When they are hired its due to the CURRENT contract. That contract expired Verizon refused to come to an agreement...that's the way things work. Just because someone is hired for 10$ doesn't mean they stay at 10$ forever.

So their contract was up AND they walked off the job? Seems to me they all should have been fired then since the company had no contractual agreement to keep them

The workers bound together are the union. If they send their own jobs overseas that's their issue although I don't find it wise.If the workers take a vote and decide to strike then they will. Its the last bastion of a workers right and way protect decent jobs in America.

That's why I think (and hope) that Verizon moves out of the area to break up the union like so many of our former customers. Then they will have no job. Do you hear me Verizon? Move to a Right-to-Work state like all the others. Then you don't have to tolerate these unions any longer.

they do, but where I live leaves me little choice.

plus they were the only ones to give me the choices I wanted at a good price. which is going to change now

I have the option of many carriers, but Verizon does offer the best price and has the best coverage. Plus (maybe until now) they are expanding their services so there will be no dead areas. They bought out my last carrier (Alltel) and I haven't had a problem with Verizon yet.

So their contract was up AND they walked off the job? Seems to me they all should have been fired then since the company had no contractual agreement to keep them

Efforts by Verizon's workers made Verizon $70+B net in five years. Why shouldn't they get a raise?

The workers bound together are the union. If they send their own jobs overseas that's their issue although I don't find it wise.If the workers take a vote and decide to strike then they will. Its the last bastion of a workers right and way protect decent jobs in America.

That's why I think (and hope) that Verizon moves out of the area to break up the union like so many of our former customers. Then they will have no job. Do you hear me Verizon? Move to a Right-to-Work state like all the others. Then you don't have to tolerate these unions any longer.

Why would you push for a company to screw their employees? Are you a conservative sociopath?

You do understand that not only is Verizon wireless in all fifty states but verizon is also the local phone company. The phone company can't just pick up and move.
You are truly dopey.

Bottom line is why does it bother you that a group of workers make a little more money? Why do you insist that they make a low wage? I would be happy to hear if you got a decent raise....why should they not get one?

I for one get a raise when my employer can afford it and if I prove to be a worthwhile employee. I don't threaten the employer to interfere or cause him to lose money in the process. Workers should only get raises when the company can easily afford to give raises and only to those who do outstanding work--not when some corrupt union tells them they have to increase salaries.
Increase salaries or they will shut down production and harrass your customers unless you comply.

That's extortion.

No. That's leverage. Leverage to make them come to the table and bargain.
Extortion is a crime. As unions aren't being indicted for extortion, you are a loon.

Wow a simple search gets this and how many more don't get caught?

Boston City Hall official Kenneth Brissette arrested on ‘union-related extortion’ charges - The Boston Globe

Ex-Michigan union business manager charged with extortion, theft

Yup. Some union heads break the rules. How many companies break rules and don't get caught?

Bottom line is why does it bother you that a group of workers make a little more money? Why do you insist that they make a low wage? I would be happy to hear if you got a decent raise....why should they not get one?

I for one get a raise when my employer can afford it and if I prove to be a worthwhile employee. I don't threaten the employer to interfere or cause him to lose money in the process. Workers should only get raises when the company can easily afford to give raises and only to those who do outstanding work--not when some corrupt union tells them they have to increase salaries.
Increase salaries or they will shut down production and harrass your customers unless you comply.

That's extortion.

Extortion is a crime. As unions aren't being indicted for extortion, you are a loon.

Boston City Hall official Kenneth Brissette arrested on ‘union-related extortion’ charges - The Boston Globe

Seriously dude.....

Above the Law: Unions are often exempt from laws on extortion, identity theft, and whistleblower protection – Capital Research Center

Its illegal for you to use violence or the threat of violence for economic gain. It’s unlawful for you to steal someone’s identity. If you try to freeze out competition to obtain a monopoly, regulators may come down on you. If someone in your organization exposes you for wrongdoing, that whistleblower is protected from retaliation.

On the other hand, if you’re a union boss, sometimes those rules simply don’t apply. You’re exempt from many laws that apply to regular people.

In recent months, a lot of attention has been focused on the unions that pushed Obamacare into law but now receive waivers and demand long-term exemptions from its onerous provisions. But the idea of union exemptions isn’t new; it’s a long-standing practice that unions often stand above the law and need not obey the rules that apply to the rest of us.

Union exemptions range from cases of trespassing to whistleblower protections to antitrust laws. Perhaps the most shocking example is unions’ exemption from federal laws against the use of violence.

Violence and the Enmons case

That exemption stems from the Supreme Court’s interpretation of the Anti-Racketeering Act of 1943, known as the Hobbs Act.

That law forbids the obstruction of interstate commerce by robbery or extortion. It’s the main federal law against extortion (economic gain through violence). Unions’ exemption is rooted in the 1973 Enmons case, in which the Supreme Court ruled that unions are exempt because the law simply doesn’t apply when unions are seeking “legitimate” union objectives.

That's extortion.

I knew some imbecile would do this.
You do understand that the context was that some posters see the collective bargaining process as extortion. My point was if it were in fact extortion than it wouldn't be happening.

Here you come hot from the copy room waiving your "proof" without regard for context. Learn to read dope.

Yeah then you ain't gotta tolerate these workers wanting a job they can raise a family on! Oh and this is NOT a fast food job Verizon IS a career company you can work for,for 30 years and retire. They deserve to be treated better.

That's extortion.

I knew some imbecile would do this.
You do understand that the context was that some posters see the collective bargaining process as extortion. My point was if it were in fact extortion than it wouldn't be happening.

Here you come hot from the copy room waiving your "proof" without regard for context. Learn to read dope.

What you missed this?

Again

Above the Law: Unions are often exempt from laws on extortion, identity theft, and whistleblower protection – Capital Research Center

When working class folk (middle class) are going after other middle class folk, the corporate powers that influence this country win. When that happens, in the ended lost. They laugh at us while we go after each otherotherr, asll the way to the bank. This is indisputable fact.

Why would rates increase ? Verizon makes billions a year .
Labor costs are always passed along to the end user.
Why Verizon signed off on this is a mystery. Eventually the company will spin off the wireline business as did AT&T into a separate division.
Wireline or "plain old telephone service" ( POTS) is dying on the vine.
Anyway. We wish the Verizon workers well in their endeavors.

Yeah then you ain't gotta tolerate these workers wanting a job they can raise a family on! Oh and this is NOT a fast food job Verizon IS a career company you can work for,for 30 years and retire. They deserve to be treated better.

Who said they weren't treated great before the strike?

In this country, it doesn't matter how much you have; you always want more. It's a human instinct. In fact in the big union days, people doing monkey jobs were getting compensated with huge salaries and benefits. No matter how good they had it, the unions only pushed for more.

As we know, they pushed and pushed until they pushed all the jobs out of America. Now our labor went to China and not likely to come back because apparently, we didn't learn our lesson yet.

Yall want everything to be wallymart.

Funny how CEO salaries never bother u , but some working stiff has a health plan and it angers you?
Oh shut up. That argument has run its course. Nobody cares.
Class envy is an idea that only loons such as Bernie Sanders are hanging on.

You do understand that not only is Verizon wireless in all fifty states but verizon is also the local phone company. The phone company can't just pick up and move.
You are truly dopey.

Really? And why not? Why can't they move most all of their work somewhere else? As far as I read, the media didn't state what kind of jobs we are even talking about here. And if they are stationary jobs, how does this wage or benefits increase fare with their competitors?

One thing I did note is that they were upset because Verizon was beginning to outsource.

Efforts by Verizon's workers made Verizon $70+B net in five years. Why shouldn't they get a raise?

Because how much they gross is irrelevant. What really counts is growth because growth attracts investors which many large operations depend on. Verizon has not had any real attractive growth lately, and it's likely they will have even less depending on what they were forced to give their employees.

Forum List

Back