Verizon strike ending . Unions win new contract !

Your gotta love the "fuck the worker" attitude of the right.

Sad thing is, most of them are workers themselves.
About 20 years ago my boss asked a few of us to write down are career goals for our job at the company..

I wrote down as being an industrial maintenance man that it could be only one thing....make my job obsolete ... Then and only then I could do something else.

You couldn't just proactively find another job?

Bottom line is why does it bother you that a group of workers make a little more money? Why do you insist that they make a low wage? I would be happy to hear if you got a decent raise....why should they not get one?
I think it's envy. Those greedy Verizon workers make more than the losers who complain that they got what they asked for.

Bottom line is why does it bother you that a group of workers make a little more money? Why do you insist that they make a low wage? I would be happy to hear if you got a decent raise....why should they not get one?
I think it's envy. Those greedy Verizon workers make more than the losers who complain that they got what they asked for.
It probably more that they use extortion to get it. Not merit.

Negotiating and picketing is extortion?

Negotiating and picketing is extortion?
Yes.

How do you know that every single employees deserves a raise?

You hate the workers for thinking they should be treated fairly. Ya know you could just move to some beautiful libertardian utopia like Somalia and be completely happy!

So who makes the determination of what fair treatment of a worker is, the unions? The same unions that have sent tens of millions of jobs overseas?

Yeah, I trust those people.

By not raising wages annually to keep pace with inflation employers are lowering wages over time.
Unions don't renegotiate annually. Over a decade, wages can lose 20% of their value.
It's not even so much a raise as an adjustment to the current cost of living.

I haven't had a raise in four years. I'm like many Americans. Somebody has to pay the costs for Commie Care or otherwise increase medical insurance costs. Where do you think that money comes from?

This is where unions are a problem. Nobody has to keep up with the cost of living. Chances are, the income of these companies didn't increase with the cost of living either.

I for one get a raise when my employer can afford it and if I prove to be a worthwhile employee. I don't threaten the employer to interfere or cause him to lose money in the process. Workers should only get raises when the company can easily afford to give raises and only to those who do outstanding work--not when some corrupt union tells them they have to increase salaries.

I for one get a raise when my employer can afford it and if I prove to be a worthwhile employee. I don't threaten the employer to interfere or cause him to lose money in the process. Workers should only get raises when the company can easily afford to give raises and only to those who do outstanding work--not when some corrupt union tells them they have to increase salaries.
Increase salaries or they will shut down production and harrass your customers unless you comply.

That's extortion.

By not raising wages annually to keep pace with inflation employers are lowering wages over time.
Unions don't renegotiate annually. Over a decade, wages can lose 20% of their value.
It's not even so much a raise as an adjustment to the current cost of living.

I haven't had a raise in four years. I'm like many Americans. Somebody has to pay the costs for Commie Care or otherwise increase medical insurance costs. Where do you think that money comes from?

This is where unions are a problem. Nobody has to keep up with the cost of living. Chances are, the income of these companies didn't increase with the cost of living either.

You are so wrongheaded in your thinking.
You should check the growth your employer has enjoyed over last four years at your expense. Every year you make less than the previous year and yet you defend no cost of living increases. Just crazy.

Increase salaries or they will shut down production and harrass your customers unless you comply.

That's extortion.

No. That's leverage. Leverage to make them come to the table and bargain.
Extortion is a crime. As unions aren't being indicted for extortion, you are a loon.

They give them sales which makes sure everyone gets paid.
They are paid to get those sales so no they do not "give" the employer anything

If you paid a guy to wash your car did he give you anything? No. If he washes your car every week for 20 years and you paid him the price quoted every time did he give you anything? No

Should you continue to pay him even after he stops washing cars? No
You hate the workers for thinking they should be treated fairly. Ya know you could just move to some beautiful libertardian utopia like Somalia and be completely happy!

I don't hate anyone you Idiot.

I don't care if people ask for more money go ahead get as much as you can

You just don't walk off a fucking job and expect not to get your ass fired for it
That's what happens when the bosses intend not listen to the workers and make working conditions better. You KEEP good workers by making them happy and they keep you rich. Very simple. Its the beautiful thing about unions workings fighting together.

Sorry but you walk off a job at my business and you get shit canned pronto

What kind of piece of shit agrees to work then refuses to work and then has the balls to think they should get their job back?
What kind of piece of shit company tries to screw people that loyally provided them with labor and brought in business for 30 years? What kind of company tries to screw its workers out of a job because they can skirt labor laws and min wage laws by sending the jobs overseas?

If you paid a guy to wash your car did he give you anything? No. If he washes your car every week for 20 years and you paid him the price quoted every time did he give you anything? No

You just don't walk off a fucking job and expect not to get your ass fired for it
That's what happens when the bosses intend not listen to the workers and make working conditions better. You KEEP good workers by making them happy and they keep you rich. Very simple. Its the beautiful thing about unions workings fighting together.

What kind of piece of shit agrees to work then refuses to work and then has the balls to think they should get their job back?
What kind of piece of shit company tries to screw people that loyally provided them with labor and brought in business for 30 years? What kind of company tries to screw its workers out of a job because they can skirt labor laws and min wage laws by sending the jobs overseas?

Unpatriotic companies.
There was a time where most businesses felt the need to be an honest actor for the benefit of their communities. Now it seems it's all about the bottom line and nothing else.

SWEET

can't wait for the rate increase.

Should I shop around now or wait for the rate battles as people leave verizon in droves?
Verizon sucks. I dumped them years ago.
they do, but where I live leaves me little choice.

plus they were the only ones to give me the choices I wanted at a good price. which is going to change now

SWEET

can't wait for the rate increase.

Should I shop around now or wait for the rate battles as people leave verizon in droves?
Verizon sucks. I dumped them years ago.
they do, but where I live leaves me little choice.

plus they were the only ones to give me the choices I wanted at a good price. which is going to change now

So, you're happy with their price and service but you think they suck?

Not getting a raise at all in 4 years is called being taken advantage of. Not one ted cent of a raise to loyal employees is bad bad business. Obviously Verizon and the workers reached a viable agreement. Both sides win. Merit raises rarely come nowadays. If you want to retain workers, give them a raise now and then. Those that root against working class folk are blinded by something but its hard to figure out what. Man the new overtime law must just make you irate.

So who makes the determination of what fair treatment of a worker is, the unions? The same unions that have sent tens of millions of jobs overseas?

Yeah, I trust those people.
The workers bound together are the union. If they send their own jobs overseas that's their issue although I don't find it wise.If the workers take a vote and decide to strike then they will. Its the last bastion of a workers right and way protect decent jobs in America.

Hey those people got the pay they agreed to they weren't being screwed by anyone. Did Verizon refuse to pay them during the negotiations. No

You still seem to think employees give their employers labor for free. They don't they all got paid the wage they agreed to work for and got paid on time.

Why should you be able to walk off a job not come back for weeks or months and expect that job to be there waiting for you?

Forum List

Back