Very warm, no modern day trees, no ice, high seas

Says the guy who can't explain why a 120 ppm greater concentration of CO2 led to a planet that was 2C cooler.
Oh look, another psychobabble red herring.

Lots of hot air from the uneducated slob. But offer to get him with a climate scientist to try out his act, and he folds like a cheap suit.

Lots of hot air from the uneducated slob. But offer to get him with a climate scientist to try out his act, and he folds like a cheap suit.
Actually it goes to your track record of dishonesty. It literally disproves everything you believe about climate change and you cannot respond to a valid point.

This is a thread on climate change is it not?

Darwin's finches and their reaction to their environment supports his theory.
And even in punctuated equilibrium, time is required for a trait to dominate apopulation of a species. I think some people have a very hard time grasping what scientists mean when they use the word "abrupt", in the context of geological time.

And even in punctuated equilibrium, time is required for a trait to dominate apopulation of a species. I think some people have a very hard time grasping what scientists mean when they use the word "abrupt", in the context of geological time.
And I think it depends upon the rate of mutation.

And I think it depends upon the rate of mutation.
As in, mutations happen faster right before a new trait dominates, and slower otherwise? Explain yourself.

Ding, you don't really say much in your posts. Which is intentional, to leave yourself room to wiggle out of horseshit.

Let me tell you the reason why it is 2C cooler today than it was during previous interglacial cycles when CO2 was 120 ppm less. CO2 does not drive the earth's climate.

Let me tell you the reason why it is 2C cooler today than it was during previous interglacial cycles when CO2 was 120 ppm less. CO2 does not drive the earth's climate.
I don't want to hear lies from a uneducated slob. Try out your material on a climate scientist.

As in, mutations happen faster right before a new trait dominates, and slower otherwise? Explain yourself.

Ding, you don't really say much in your posts. Which is intentional, to leave yourself room to wiggle out of horseshit.
Not necessarily. No. You are assuming all mutations take or survive. They don't necessarily do. You are also assuming that the rates are always the same. They are not necessarily always the same. But what we can deduce is that when there is an abrupt change following a long period of stasis, is that the mutations rates were likely high and the new species took or survived. And like I explained in my technology cycle analogy, they rapidly expanded in the inflationary phase and then settled into the equilibrium phase were slight differences worked to drive the next leap or major change.

Not necessarily. No. You are assuming all mutations take or survive.
I didn't assume anything. I asked you what you meant. I.E., the opposite of making assumptions. Lies make baby Jesus cry, ding.

You are also assuming that the rates are always the same
Oops, another lie.

But what we can deduce is that when there is an abrupt change following a long period of stasis, is that the mutations rates were likely high and the new species took or survived.
So, your answer to my question is "Usually". Whew. This is like pulling teeth.

I am not rejecting the idea. There are lots of ideas still on the table, as this topic is a frontier of science.

If greenhouse gas concentrations increase, temperatures should increase, right?

You have said that before, right?
Oops, still masturbating on an anonymous message board. What a sad ending for such a renowned expert. :(

Such a complicated topic. Even mutation rates themselves within a species can evolve over time. And sometimes higher rates can reduce the speed of adaptation, ironically.

I didn't assume anything. I asked you what you meant. I.E., the opposite of making assumptions. Lies make baby Jesus cry, ding.

Oops, another lie.

So, your answer to my question is "Usually". Whew. This is like pulling teeth.

I am not rejecting the idea. There are lots of ideas still on the table, as this topic is a frontier of science.
I couldn't have explained it any more clear... Not all mutations take or survive. Mutation rates can change. When there is an abrupt change following a long period of stasis, it is likely that mutations rates were high and the new species took or survived. And like I explained in my technology cycle analogy, the new species rapidly spreads in the inflation phase and then settles into an equilibrium phase were slight differences work to drive the next leap or major change.

Forum List

Back