Video emerges of Georgia jogger attack; case headed to grand jury

Maybe. But clearly they were not in fear of their lives.
Did you watch the tape? If I had a gun and some thug was attacking me to take it, I would sure as hell be in fear of my life.
What would you do if two armed people chase you down yelling at you?

Would you feel threatened?
Black people are not....I repeat...are not allowed to put up any resistance or display any type of actions that would lead to self preservation in the face of danger from a white person.
Black people are allowed to die if that is their preference

I guess I’m just a wimp because if confronted by two armed men I going to cooperate instead of fighting with them
Are black people entitled to self defense?
I already answered that question in previous post

of course black people are entitled to die fighting if thats their preference

just like you dont have give an inch to that 18 wheeler on the highway

after all your pride is at stake...

And the person that kills someone acting in self defense? Are they criminally liable?
not if its in a red state
Why not?
Because self defense is a human right

I wouldn’t either but when threatened, people sometimes act in self defense. Don’t they?
Of course. That's why the thug got shot.
Sure. But they have to pay for their own stupidity. Look at Big Mike and Trayvon. Violence begets violence.
Is that what you say about everyone who is shot while defending themselves?
You mean like Big Mike and Trayvon? Stupidity and violence got them killed too.

I can see how desperately you’re trying to avoid the point.

I’ll be direct. If a person is acting in self defense, and shot, can the shooter claim self defense or are they criminally liable for their actions?
Who was attacking whom? Clearly, you don't walk up to someone in close quarters with a rifle if you're set on shooting them. With a pistol you might have a bit of a case, but the video is clear. Dead thug. That's it.
You’re still dodging.

Does a person have to wait to fight back to be attacked to be acting in self defense? The answer is no. It’s called stand your ground and quite popular among conservatives. As long as they perceive a reasonable threat to their life, a person can act in self defense.

Id say being chased down by two armed individuals could be considered a threat. Don’t you?
I'd say trying to grab a weapon from someone in a threat, not could be considered one.
I’d say grabbing someone threatening you with a gun would be considered self defense. Wouldn’t you?

Who is running toward somebody the black or the white guy?

Arbery runs around the truck to be confronted by a man holding a rifle. It's not hard to believe Arbery was in fear for his life. Neither of these guys are police and neither of them had any reason to confront him.

Your opinion is irrelevant as you are a known racist.
^^^BOOM^^^

Jits and Asclepias are two sides of the same racist coin. Neither can be taken very seriously when logic is required.
I’m typing what the video shows
Then we are seeing two vastly different encounters. Does your video show the man to be larger and faster than a typical truck?
do you see a truck chasing the jogger? again, post the time from the video showing that. I'll wait.
No. This is an assumption I am making. Need more facts than the 35 second video but people have yet to explain why the persons in the truck did not drive away. If more of the story comes out and there is a credible reason, I will gladly retract what I said. My intuition has been great so far in my life so I will continue to trust it. Hopefully more details come out regarding this homicide.
you don't know if that black man threatened someone prior to the incident, you don't know if he was a home invader, maybe he keyed their truck. No one fking knows. dude you jumped into hanging without one piece of evidence. wow. again, isn't like you at all.

You are just trying to make up stories to exonerate these hoodlums. There is no basis for your suppositions; all "if"s. These "citizens' arrest" laws really need to be looked at. It seems that they are there just to facilitate mayhem, murder, and vigilantism.

The video clearly shows that Arbery was just jogging toward the open door of the truck. He does not appear to be armed.The man with the gun is not visible and Arbery was not showing any sign that he was aware that he was in danger. Then he must have sensed something because he abruptly changed course toward the passenger side of the truck and apparently tried to run up a driveway, given that he is seen running from the driveway. The gunman must have been hiding in front of the truck or near the passenger-side front fender. The second guy is already in the truck bed. The beginning of the physical altercation is not shown in the video. But all of a sudden Arbery and the gunman emerge struggling.

It will be interesting to find out who shot this video and why he was trailing Arbery and filming. He obviously was in a second vehicle.

So, it turns out somebody caught it on video. It is clear from the video that the jogger was ambushed. The truck stopped in the road ahead of him, waiting on him to run by, and when he went around the truck, the driver jumped him while the other man, standing in the back of the truck, either shot the jogger, or was aiming and ready to shoot.

These men were not in fear of their lives. They ambushed the jogger plain and simple. Try them, and if convicted, give them the maximum sentence possible.

"jogging"

That's what people usually do when they run out of house they just broke in to.

A 25-year-old black man was shot dead in Georgia while jogging

"However, according to the Times, someone called the police station and said a black man with a white t-shirt had run inside a house under construction that was only "partially closed in." Arbery had some run-ins with police in the past, included being "sentenced to five years' probation as a first offender on charges of carrying a weapon on campus and several counts of obstructing a law enforcement officer," the AJC reported. Arbery was also charged for shoplifting and violating his probation in 2018, according to the AJC. "

Well, there you go... Not that the murderers had a way to know it but the guy once broke a law so he was fair game for anyone to shoot.
It doesnt look that way to me

the black guy was physically attacking the white guy
I feel Like I’m in the twilight zone,, I see a black running at a white to steal his gun to shot him. What am I missing

Did you watch the tape? If I had a gun and some thug was attacking me to take it, I would sure as hell be in fear of my life.

Black people are not....I repeat...are not allowed to put up any resistance or display any type of actions that would lead to self preservation in the face of danger from a white person.

I guess I’m just a wimp because if confronted by two armed men I going to cooperate instead of fighting with them

And the person that kills someone acting in self defense? Are they criminally liable?
Why not?
Apparently not for this poor jogger.

I wouldn’t either but when threatened, people sometimes act in self defense. Don’t they?
Sure. But they have to pay for their own stupidity. Look at Big Mike and Trayvon. Violence begets violence.

I’ll be direct. If a person is acting in self defense, and shot, can the shooter claim self defense or are they criminally liable for their actions?
Who was attacking whom? Clearly, you don't walk up to someone in close quarters with a rifle if you're set on shooting them. With a pistol you might have a bit of a case, but the video is clear. Dead thug. That's it.
You’re still dodging.

Does a person have to wait to fight back to be attacked to be acting in self defense? The answer is no. It’s called stand your ground and quite popular among conservatives. As long as they perceive a reasonable threat to their life, a person can act in self defense.

Id say being chased down by two armed individuals could be considered a threat. Don’t you?
I'd say trying to grab a weapon from someone in a threat, not could be considered one.
I’d say grabbing someone threatening you with a gun would be considered self defense. Wouldn’t you?
Not to Meathead. His response to someone threatening him with a gun would be to lick their boots so he cant understand the concept of someone fighting for their lives.

So, it turns out somebody caught it on video. It is clear from the video that the jogger was ambushed. The truck stopped in the road ahead of him, waiting on him to run by, and when he went around the truck, the driver jumped him while the other man, standing in the back of the truck, either shot the jogger, or was aiming and ready to shoot.

These men were not in fear of their lives. They ambushed the jogger plain and simple. Try them, and if convicted, give them the maximum sentence possible.

"jogging"

That's what people usually do when they run out of house they just broke in to.

A 25-year-old black man was shot dead in Georgia while jogging

"However, according to the Times, someone called the police station and said a black man with a white t-shirt had run inside a house under construction that was only "partially closed in." Arbery had some run-ins with police in the past, included being "sentenced to five years' probation as a first offender on charges of carrying a weapon on campus and several counts of obstructing a law enforcement officer," the AJC reported. Arbery was also charged for shoplifting and violating his probation in 2018, according to the AJC. "

Well, there you go... Not that the murderers had a way to know it but the guy once broke a law so he was fair game for anyone to shoot.
It doesnt look that way to me

the black guy was physically attacking the white guy
I fee
Like I’m in the twilight zone,, I see a black running at a white to steal his gun to shot him. What am I missing

No Skittles?

Why not?
This was a jogger with more testosterone than good sense

Arbery runs around the truck to be confronted by a man holding a rifle. It's not hard to believe Arbery was in fear for his life. Neither of these guys are police and neither of them had any reason to confront him.

^^^BOOM^^^

Jits and Asclepias are two sides of the same racist coin. Neither can be taken very seriously when logic is required.
Then we are seeing two vastly different encounters. Does your video show the man to be larger and faster than a typical truck?
do you see a truck chasing the jogger? again, post the time from the video showing that. I'll wait.
No. This is an assumption I am making. Need more facts than the 35 second video but people have yet to explain why the persons in the truck did not drive away. If more of the story comes out and there is a credible reason, I will gladly retract what I said. My intuition has been great so far in my life so I will continue to trust it. Hopefully more details come out regarding this homicide.
you don't know if that black man threatened someone prior to the incident, you don't know if he was a home invader, maybe he keyed their truck. No one fking knows. dude you jumped into hanging without one piece of evidence. wow. again, isn't like you at all.
Don't know and don't care anymore. TBH. I would have called the police and taken his picture but thats me. If people like Assfaceias see me as an equal to those men then I'll play the part and just shrug...my bad for actually caring initially. He, IM2, MarcATL all assholes.
Now youre feelings are hurt. Sorry but like I said, If you have to be convinced or persuaded not to be a racist then youre already a racist. The excuses these other racists have come up with are the reason I stated that even with video Black people will not get any justice. African americans live in a country founded and built on racism. Whites as a group will never come to terms with that because they fear Black people.
STFU. Hurt? I am laughing. You and your ilk don't deserve any feelings. Stop your racism rant. I am a Jew, I've experienced more racism than you ever will. Like I said, when Jits beats the crap out of you, I'll just shrug and keep walking. When crimes like these happen, I'll again just shrug. Don't want my help, I won't ask twice. I do not fear anyone or anything.

You're the coward here. Like I said, your response makes me not care about the truck incident either. Whatever.
STFU? Now youre mad and youre hurt. :laughing0301:
Shrug....don't care. Honestly. Do what you want. Just don't call me for help. Still scared of the COVID-19? That disease racist too?

You're hopeless. And I know you lost the debate when you begin posting emojis.
Why would I call you for help with anything? You cant even help yourself. I dont call people for help that have to be convinced not to be a racist. Sorry but you have the wrong dude. Just because youre upset I dont want or need your help doesnt change my point regarding this thread. The video shows the guy jogging. It shows the inbred cave chimps stop in front of him and it shows him taking action to save his life. To your fellow cave chimps that wont matter because he is Black and big and scary. Thats the result of centuries of racism.
You still talking? I don't speak loser. Go harass someone else.
Youre the one that sought out my conversation. I wasnt even talking to you. Dont be mad bro. :)
People get angry, dogs get mad. Maybe if you weren't mentally challenged, people would take you seriously.
Dont be mad bro. :)
Why would I be angry? I am white and by your definition superior. I'll just keep living my life superior to you by your own operational definition. Thanks for that. Glad you can laugh when a young person just died. Shows how much you care about "your people"...
You still trying to talk to me? Aint that sweet. :)
You're the one responding to your superior, me.
Thats not what the transcript shows. Should I remind you of your first attempt to talk to me?
You mean help you as Jits was kicking your ass in the debate, pretty sad. Feel free to put me on ignore.
Leave me alone stalker

We got guns too.
No kidding

the black funeral parlors do a booming business in prideful black folks with guns
Its best you remember that and travel in your troops of inbred cave chimps for protection.
There no need for your insulting racial slurs

I have been respectful and havent called you a ****** so you watch your language also
I have been respectful and havent called you a ****** so you watch your language also
How about that?

there is a racial double standard on the board that allows blacks to make racial slurs toward whites but protects them from the same

^^^BOOM^^^

Don't know and don't care anymore. TBH. I would have called the police and taken his picture but thats me. If people like Assfaceias see me as an equal to those men then I'll play the part and just shrug...my bad for actually caring initially. He, IM2, MarcATL all assholes.
Now youre feelings are hurt. Sorry but like I said, If you have to be convinced or persuaded not to be a racist then youre already a racist. The excuses these other racists have come up with are the reason I stated that even with video Black people will not get any justice. African americans live in a country founded and built on racism. Whites as a group will never come to terms with that because they fear Black people.
STFU. Hurt? I am laughing. You and your ilk don't deserve any feelings. Stop your racism rant. I am a Jew, I've experienced more racism than you ever will. Like I said, when Jits beats the crap out of you, I'll just shrug and keep walking. When crimes like these happen, I'll again just shrug. Don't want my help, I won't ask twice. I do not fear anyone or anything.

You're the coward here. Like I said, your response makes me not care about the truck incident either. Whatever.
Shrug....don't care. Honestly. Do what you want. Just don't call me for help. Still scared of the COVID-19? That disease racist too?

Why would I call you for help with anything? You cant even help yourself. I dont call people for help that have to be convinced not to be a racist. Sorry but you have the wrong dude. Just because youre upset I dont want or need your help doesnt change my point regarding this thread. The video shows the guy jogging. It shows the inbred cave chimps stop in front of him and it shows him taking action to save his life. To your fellow cave chimps that wont matter because he is Black and big and scary. Thats the result of centuries of racism.
Youre the one that sought out my conversation. I wasnt even talking to you. Dont be mad bro. :)
People get angry, dogs get mad. Maybe if you weren't mentally challenged, people would take you seriously.
Why would I be angry? I am white and by your definition superior. I'll just keep living my life superior to you by your own operational definition. Thanks for that. Glad you can laugh when a young person just died. Shows how much you care about "your people"...
Thats not what the transcript shows. Should I remind you of your first attempt to talk to me?
You mean help you as Jits was kicking your ass in the debate, pretty sad. Feel free to put me on ignore.
Leave me alone stalker
Take the compliment. You won't get many.

Why not?

Joggers lack good sense?

Looks like they're claiming it was a ''citizen arrest'' type of deal.

Unfortunately, citizens aren't always that bright. They were certainly reckless in this instance. So much for the man's due process, huh?

I'll say this much and I'll leave it at that. If the crap ever does hit the fan, these cowboy wannabe types are the ones you have to watch out for. No doubt about it.

I don't know what Georgia's citizen arrest laws are. I did work as a security guard in California about 40 years ago and knew, then, what California's citizen's arrest laws were - it was required training. The key thing I remember today from that training is that you had to see the crime and if you got the arrest wrong it was on you. Applied here, they illegally arrested a man and the man is entitled to resist an illegal arrest using, if required, deadly force. He could have legally killed the white guys; they committed murder when they killed him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Elk_v._United_States

You’re still dodging.

Self defense? Yes

A smart move? No

^^^BOOM^^^

No I mean your first attempt to talk to me. I wasnt debating with Jits. He isnt someone I would debate with.
You can’t because I destroy you every time

THE BLACK WAS CHASING THE TRUCK! Am I going fucking crazy?? Are people seeing a white truck chase a blackeye or are you seeing a black guy run at a white truck??

We cannot see what happens out of the camera view. They claim they thought he was a burglar. But certainly at a minimum 2nd degree murder seems applicable. We also cannot know if it was racially motivated.

i don't see where a truck pulled in front of the jogger. From what I watched, the man jogging went around the truck and attacked the man in the front of the truck. He was holding the man with the gun. Are you sure you posted the correct video? That truck was parked the entire time of the video. The man running was quite a ways back. The dude in the bed wasn't even looking at the jogger and had nothing in his hands. the jogger ran right at the dude in the front. it's as obvious as anything I've ever seen. the jogger engaged with the dude in the front. And question, why was a dude filming the jogger in another car? Hmmmm, that seems odd as hell. I don't think anything will happen to that dude in the truck. The jogger tried to take his gun.
I see the same thing,, listen it sucks at this kid got shot and killed but he tried to wrestle a gun away from another man..

He won't make that mistake again.

Why not?
Common sense and testosterone have nothing to do with the question.

The question is whether he has a right to defend himself.

^^^BOOM^^^

No I mean your first attempt to talk to me. I wasnt debating with Jits. He isnt someone I would debate with.
Again, I don't speak loser. Stop harassing me. I was pointing out what I thought happened, you told me to stay out of it because I am white. Case closed.
I didnt ask you to point out what happened. I wasnt talking to you. But you were trying to get my attention and talk to me.

It is a message board, you racist idiot. If I hit reply to your incoherent post it must have been by accident. Now stop stalking me like a lovesick teenager. You're pathetic.

Forum List

Back