Video emerges of Georgia jogger attack; case headed to grand jury

It figures that you fly the traitor flag
This one is also a "traitor" flag.

71cSs6FtaIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Or, did you forget.

Because it's made in China?

The victim has a previous criminal history.

". . . The shooter’s father, former District Attorney investigator Greg McMichael, who was with his son at the time, called 911 at 1:08 p.m.

McMichael: “I’m out here at Satilla Shores and there’s a black man running down the street."

911 dispatcher: “I just need to know what he was doing wrong, was he just on the premises and not supposed to be?”

McMichael: “And he’s been caught on the camera a bunch before at night. It’s an ongoing thing out here.”

McMichael later told police he suspected that Arbery was burglarizing houses under construction at in the Brunswick neighborhood.

According to the police report, McMichael was calling called for his son, Travis, who “grabbed his shotgun because they didn’t know if the male was armed or not.”

Police said the elder McMichael armed himself with his .357 handgun and the two followed Arbery for two blocks before, according to the report, McMichael shouted: “Stop, stop we want to talk to you.” They pulled up next to him and police said the former investigator’s son “exited the truck with a shotgun.”

McMichael told police Arbery then “violently attacked his son, and the two men started fighting over the shotgun, Travis McMichael fired two shots, killing Arbery. Police said the McMichaels rolled Arbery over to see if he a weapon before. No weapon was found.. . ."

". . .The 911 dispatcher replied, “I just need to know what he was doing wrong, was he just on the premises and not supposed to be?” McMichael answered, “And he’s been caught on the camera a bunch before at night. It’s an ongoing thing out here.”

Since you like evidence, Mr. Beale, here's some about the 'break ins' they thought he committed:

The Glynn County Police Department said Thursday that it had no reports involving burglaries or home break-ins in the Satilla Shores neighborhood between Jan. 1 and Feb. 23. However, local media reported that one burglary, an automobile burglary, was reported to police in the Satilla Shores neighborhood during that time.

You'd think SOME of them would have been reported, wouldn't you? At least ONE?

So, it turns out somebody caught it on video. It is clear from the video that the jogger was ambushed. The truck stopped in the road ahead of him, waiting on him to run by, and when he went around the truck, the driver jumped him while the other man, standing in the back of the truck, either shot the jogger, or was aiming and ready to shoot.

These men were not in fear of their lives. They ambushed the jogger plain and simple. Try them, and if convicted, give them the maximum sentence possible.

The video you posted was a black man running towards a white truck and then attacking somebody with a gun. Do you have this video of what you’re saying?
No, he ran around the truck, then the guy with the gun pursued him.
And ?
The black guy was being pursued. The video is plain as day buddy. Can't you see it?
So you saw a white guy chasing a black guy?? Huh
That's not what I said. The black guy was being pursued by two white guys in a white truck. When it stopped, the driver got out, went past the door that he opened to get a clear shot. The guy standing in the back of the truck shot when the vehicle stopped, making the jogger think he was already being shot at. When that went through his mind, his instincts were to try and get the gun from the guy standing away from the truck. I would have done the same thing, because no one knows if the jogger even knew if the other guy was standing in the back of the truck who shot first.
Wtf are you making up? If I’m running and two guys pull up to me with guns and there not shooting me, I’m asking what’s up then calling the cops
But the guy standing in the back of the truck did shoot while he was running. WTF are you talking about? I wouldn't call the cops if I'm already being shot at. I would be trying to figure out my options. Your argument has no relationship to anything that makes sense by way of what we saw on video.
Lol what! Where do you see that! Tell me the time in the video
It was the first shot in the video. You can see the guy standing in the back of the truck after he shot. That shot came from the truck. You have to pay attention to the noise. He had his pistol in his right hand after the shot, but the jogger I fear probably thought the guy in the shotgun took the shot, and may have never seen the guy in the back of the truck. We will never know.

The jogger is moving from behind the truck, coming around it on the right when the shot rang out. He probably had no idea who shot, and when he got to the front of the truck, there was the guy with the shotgun to his left. The jogger was trapped. Whatever is proven as to who shot first, is why the jogger panicked. He saw the guy with the shotgun to his left when he got past the truck and instinctively went to try and get the shotgun from the guy.

Last edited:

". . . The shooter’s father, former District Attorney investigator Greg McMichael, who was with his son at the time, called 911 at 1:08 p.m.

McMichael: “I’m out here at Satilla Shores and there’s a black man running down the street."

911 dispatcher: “I just need to know what he was doing wrong, was he just on the premises and not supposed to be?”

McMichael: “And he’s been caught on the camera a bunch before at night. It’s an ongoing thing out here.”

McMichael later told police he suspected that Arbery was burglarizing houses under construction at in the Brunswick neighborhood.

According to the police report, McMichael was calling called for his son, Travis, who “grabbed his shotgun because they didn’t know if the male was armed or not.”

Police said the elder McMichael armed himself with his .357 handgun and the two followed Arbery for two blocks before, according to the report, McMichael shouted: “Stop, stop we want to talk to you.” They pulled up next to him and police said the former investigator’s son “exited the truck with a shotgun.”

McMichael told police Arbery then “violently attacked his son, and the two men started fighting over the shotgun, Travis McMichael fired two shots, killing Arbery. Police said the McMichaels rolled Arbery over to see if he a weapon before. No weapon was found.. . ."

". . .The 911 dispatcher replied, “I just need to know what he was doing wrong, was he just on the premises and not supposed to be?” McMichael answered, “And he’s been caught on the camera a bunch before at night. It’s an ongoing thing out here.”

Since you like evidence, Mr. Beale, here's some about the 'break ins' they thought he committed:

The Glynn County Police Department said Thursday that it had no reports involving burglaries or home break-ins in the Satilla Shores neighborhood between Jan. 1 and Feb. 23. However, local media reported that one burglary, an automobile burglary, was reported to police in the Satilla Shores neighborhood during that time.

That's the only excuse they have. To talk about other burglaries he's not connected to. Meaning, they have no defense.

Listen all of you stupid idiots. And listen well. Anyone who gets in the car and stops in the middle of the fucking street to confront anyone is a stupid asshole. If I jogged by, I would go for the gun too and more than likely that racist fat ass and his stupid dad would be dead. The fat fucks should have used a cell phone to take a picture and call the police not confront someone fucking jogging. The fact that we have 50 pages of debate on this shows how fucking stupid all of you are.
not everyone can be as intelligent, mature and manly as you.
You definitely cannot refute that post can you? You know why? You’re a fat cowardly fuck.
Wow. moar intelligence, maturity, and manliness. i am stumped.
“Moar Intelligence”?! LMAO!!!

Oops! He didn’t understand. Shocking.
Yeah....that was on purpose. You and Elder deserve one another. Leftist scum.

Elder is one of the brightest and most humorous people here. You wouldn’t recognize that.
No offense but your opinion is meaningless to me. Honestly, meaningless. Less than zero.

We all know that you don’t mean that. You are like a sheet of glass, 148. Transparent and fragile.
Youre gonna give him another sad if you keep this up.
Stay out of it, coward. Keep hiding under your bed...COVID-19 is coming to get you!

If I broke into your property, you have every right to shot me.

Actually, not. Your response would have to be proportional to the threat.

If an 80-year-old man in a wheelchair came into your house by mistake and you blew him away ... you may have a lot of 'splaining to do.

Again....self defense laws vary from state to state but generally speaking they are pretty similar...but you are correct in that in some states the response must be proportional but in must states the law on simple self defense says one merely has to be in fear of his life or of grievious bodily harm in order to be justified to use lethal force in defense of your life.
That's not correct. It generally must be a "reasonable" fear or belief.

There are people who have phobias, which are irrational fears. We know that there are some people who have an irrational fear of black men which causes them to see things that are not there, perceive threats that don't exist and/or act out as if they are sworn law enforcement officers when they are not.

Another person's phobia(s) or parnoia should not be a get-out-of-jail-free card when they cause harm against another, particularly death.

Self-Defense

Self-Defense and Defense of Others
Self-defense and defense of others are two criminal defenses that can be used when a criminal defendant commits a criminal act but believes that he or she was justified in doing so. Although our legal system generally discourages the use of force or violence against others, courts have recognized that all individuals have the right to protect themselves from harm and may use reasonable force in order to do so. Likewise, the defense of others defense also recognizes the right to use reasonable force in defense of others who are threatened.
Imminent Threat
For both self-defense and defense of others, the threat faced must have been imminent such that it put the criminal defendant, or the one he or she was defending, in fear of immediate harm. This can be accomplished through words that imply a threat of force or an actual show of force. However, mere offensive language is not enough to support a claim for self-defense.
Additionally, the defense of self-defense or defense of others is available only while the threat is ongoing. After the threat has ended, the use of force is no longer appropriate. This would be considered an act of retaliation, as opposed to self-defense.
Reasonable Fear
In addition to the threat being imminent, both self-defense and defense of others require that the fear that caused the criminal defendant to act with force was reasonable. This means that fear is assessed according to the reasonable-person standard, which asks what an ordinary and reasonable individual would do under the circumstances. Thus, for instance, a defendant may have been threatened by a man holding a toy gun and responded by assaulting or harming the man. If a “reasonable man” would also have believed that the toy gun was a real threat and have responded with fear as well, the defendant’s actions will likely be considered self-defense.
When a criminal defendant’s response does not meet the reasonable-person standard, but the defendant did truly fear a threat of harm, this is called imperfect self-defense. Imperfect self-defense will not act as a complete defense to the crime that is charged, but many states will allow it as a defense that lessens the charges brought against the defendant or any possible punishment he or she may face.
Proportional Force
As an additional element, self-defense and defense of others also require that the force used is proportional to the threat faced. This is very important in the context of deadly force. A criminal defendant may not use deadly force to respond to a threat that was not itself deadly. Thus, for example, if a defendant is faced with the threat of being punched in the face during an argument, he cannot respond by stabbing the other individual. This would not constitute self-defense. However, if the defendant believes he is about to be shot and shoots back, this may be considered proportional force.
Some states provide two important caveats to this principle. The first is the “duty to retreat.” Under the duty to retreat, many states require that a defendant make an attempt to avoid the use of deadly force by leaving a threatening situation if possible. In these states, only after an attempt to retreat from the violent situation may a defendant use deadly force. Second, some states have “stand your ground” laws, which are somewhat like an exception to the duty to retreat requirement. Stand your ground laws provide that when an individual is attacked in his or her home, there is no duty to retreat, and reasonable force can be used. Many states have stand your ground laws with regard to non-deadly force, but they are less likely to eliminate the duty to retreat when deadly force is used.
Self-Defense

Thus we see that by either definition of 'arrest' what these ole Georgia Boys did does not constitute arrest in any way shape or form......as in there was no physical restraint placed on the black jogger....he could have just kept happily jogging on down the street as he should have and he would still be alive today...instead of veering off to the left and rushing and attacking an ole boy with a loaded gun....crazy to do that...absolute nuts.
You're kind of making my point for me. They were a couple of dumbasses who didn't know what they were doing and as a result someone lost his life.

I find it extremely distressing that the father is former law enforcement and he doesn't know the laws of the state where he lives and presumably works?

Being female, guys yelling at me and demanding that I stop is not going to garner my cooperation. I don't understand why any of you think that you should stop what you're doing and cooperate with people whom you don't know and are not law enforcement just because they're following you, chasing you, yelling at you or demanding that you do anything else.

And for the record, in regards to your opinion that I rarely make a valid point, I am paid for my professional opinions so they must be worth more than your opinion of mine.

Idk, but I tend to run away from people pointing guns at me.
Truth be told, you run if someone looks at you sternly. Some people are not afraid of guns and it pisses them off when someone points one at them.
Idk, but I tend to run away from people pointing guns at me.
Truth be told, you run if someone looks at you sternly. Some people are not afraid of guns and it pisses them off when someone points one at them.
Yeah, they're dead and I'm not. How ya like them apples? You ever been shot at, dork? I have, it's not a good feeling. If you're not afraid of having a gun pointed at you, you're a retard.
I've been shot at twice and had a gun pointed in my face as well. The guy that pointed it at me is no longer with us. If I die then that is what was meant to be. I've never been afraid to die.

View attachment 333429
Not really. Some people are passive. I just happen to be one thats not. Doesnt make me tough but it does make me a fucking problem if you are not fast.
It could make you dead if you're not as fast as the squeeze of a trigger. You got to know when to hold and when to fold. Lemme guess, you don't play poker, huh?
I'm good with that. Hazard of being wired like I am and totally acceptable to me. I dont gamble or do anything that could be addictive.
You take the risk of attacking someone with a gun pointed in your face? Odds are 9/1 you're gonna die.
It's a reaction so there is no calculation of odds. You piss me off and youre going to have a problem to deal with so you better be fast. I already said I have no fear of death when I am angry. Lots of people are the same way.
Yup, how do you think those jokes about women with PMS and a gun came about? ;)

This looks like Zimmerman all over again.

I hope I'm wrong here, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're found innocent.

One big difference here is there is a actual video of the black guy attacking the white guy.
The video does not show what the jogger saw as he rounded the vehicle. We dont' know if the guy holding the shotgun raised it at him as he came around the vehicle or if either of the two other men said anything to him as he passed.

You can't just rely on what you think you see in the video.

That's the only excuse they have. To talk about other burglaries he's not connected to. Meaning, they have no defense.

McMichaels kept claiming he'd seen Arbery in videos of break ins--security camera footage, no doubt. McMichaels even referred to it in the dispatch conversation. And none of those owners reported it to the police or their insurance companies? I would have, especially if as McMichael's claimed, there was good enough video of a burglar for McMichael to "recognize him" as he jogged down the street. Something is off here.

McMichaels kept claiming he'd seen Arbery in videos of break ins--security camera footage, no doubt. McMichaels even referred to it in the dispatch conversation. And none of those owners reported it to the police or their insurance companies? I would have, especially if as McMichael's claimed, there was good enough video of a burglar for McMichael to "recognize him" as he jogged down the street. Something is off here.

Yes it is. It stinks.

Forum List

Back