Video emerges of Georgia jogger attack; case headed to grand jury

You don't have much if you're defending the assailants. Anyone can be a tough guy with a gun in their hand or if they have a numbers advantage. Here they had both and you're defending that. Makes you a pussy. You're no better than JoeB, playtime and other stupid Leftists on this site. You are the same person to me as far as I am concerned.

There was one assailant.

Sure, anyone can be tough with a gun, and not everyone with a gun is necessary smart.

That's why you don't argue with those people, if you're unarmed you avoid them.
If you point your gun at me, the last thing I am doing is turning my back. The victim made his move and it backfired (no pun intended). From my experience his body went into fight or flight mode and he didn't have the skills to disarm someone. Tragic event that never should have happened.
I wouldn't run up to a guy with a gun. my mother taught me not to. if someone comes up to me is a completely other issue. If I'm cornered I might do something. but when I have an out, I'm going with that, and I'm certainly not going to run at a guy holding one when all I have to do is go the other way.
I have had people point guns at me in training type exercises, even when not loaded and not really a threatening situation, your body and brain react as one. It can be very unnerving. I have no idea what the victim thought in that instance. Doubt he was acting rationally.
yep. I hate even a pop gun pointed at me. I will scold my kids and grandkids for pointing that at me. I use to point cap pistols at people when I was small, I knew no different. To get back to the story, the guy with a gun didn't point it at the black man, so that piece isn't even present here.
I am making that assumption. Either way it was 2 on 1 and a gun should not have been necessary.

Gun is recommended when confronting criminals.

Ask any cop.
Sure it is but they aren't cops. If you're speeding, am I allowed to follow you and give you a ticket?
why is there conceal and carry laws now then? cops will never be there when needed. NEVER

You don't have much if you're defending the assailants. Anyone can be a tough guy with a gun in their hand or if they have a numbers advantage. Here they had both and you're defending that. Makes you a pussy. You're no better than JoeB, playtime and other stupid Leftists on this site. You are the same person to me as far as I am concerned.

There was one assailant.

Sure, anyone can be tough with a gun, and not everyone with a gun is necessary smart.

If you point your gun at me, the last thing I am doing is turning my back. The victim made his move and it backfired (no pun intended). From my experience his body went into fight or flight mode and he didn't have the skills to disarm someone. Tragic event that never should have happened.
I wouldn't run up to a guy with a gun. my mother taught me not to. if someone comes up to me is a completely other issue. If I'm cornered I might do something. but when I have an out, I'm going with that, and I'm certainly not going to run at a guy holding one when all I have to do is go the other way.
I have had people point guns at me in training type exercises, even when not loaded and not really a threatening situation, your body and brain react as one. It can be very unnerving. I have no idea what the victim thought in that instance. Doubt he was acting rationally.
yep. I hate even a pop gun pointed at me. I will scold my kids and grandkids for pointing that at me. I use to point cap pistols at people when I was small, I knew no different. To get back to the story, the guy with a gun didn't point it at the black man, so that piece isn't even present here.
I am making that assumption. Either way it was 2 on 1 and a gun should not have been necessary.

Ask any cop.
How did Travis McMichael know Arbery was a criminal?

He could have more than likely. But his flight/fight reflex led him astray. So you think the assailants have zero responsibility here?
I didn't say they had zero responsibility, but if his fight/flight reflexes led him astray, wouldn't that same defense be available to Daddy McMichael watching his son in a deadly struggle for a shotgun that would most likely result in his son's death?

Yep, it would. But there is no way they could have been in that position if the son had not been pointing the gun at the victim.
Well, there would have been no struggle had McMichael been pointing the gun. Have you seen what a shotgun will do to a human body?

There was one assailant.

Ask any cop.

He didn't. He was trying to find out if he was. As it turned out, he was.

There was one assailant.

Ask any cop.
Pursuing or confronting someone suspected (not necessarily guilty) of burglary can be very dangerous.

Those confronted who are NOT guilty of burglary usually stop and ask questions BEFORE attempting to take somebody's gun from them.

He could have more than likely. But his flight/fight reflex led him astray. So you think the assailants have zero responsibility here?
I didn't say they had zero responsibility, but if his fight/flight reflexes led him astray, wouldn't that same defense be available to Daddy McMichael watching his son in a deadly struggle for a shotgun that would most likely result in his son's death?

Yep, it would. But there is no way they could have been in that position if the son had not been pointing the gun at the victim.
he never pointed the gun at anyone.
Then how did they get into the position where he fired the gun? Recreate the event in your head. Again, I would rather wait to see all the facts before we keep going in circles here.

There was one assailant.

no it wasn't there was no one in front of the man and he didn't have to run at that possible scenario. all he had to do was either turn around, veer to the right, but basically avoid the two dudes was well within his options. he choose differently than me.

And, the video clearly shows his own actions caused the gun to fire.
OK but doesn't change the variables of:

#1) It was 2 vs. 1
#2) No need for a gun due to #1

So cops should not carry guns. We just need to have enough cops.
Cops and civilians are not the same.

Well, there would have been no struggle had McMichael been pointing the gun. Have you seen what a shotgun will do to a human body?

He believed his life was in grave danger. He made a move and he lost his life.

There was one assailant.

Ask any cop.
Pursuing or confronting someone suspected (not necessarily guilty) of burglary can be very dangerous.

Those confronted who are NOT guilty of burglary usually stop and ask questions BEFORE attempting to take somebody's gun from them.

We don't have audio so we don't know the verbal exchange.

Then how did they get into the position where he fired the gun? Recreate the event in your head. Again, I would rather wait to see all the facts before we keep going in circles here.
I watched, the guy with the gun had it in both hands and pointing down to his left. Watch him move around the truck door. The black man lunged at him while in that position and gained an advantage by grabbing the shotgun with his two hands and his momentum pushed the gun dude backward. it's why they ended up on the other side of the street. dude, you're still acting like a leftist, what a shame. BTW, the gun went off due to the struggle for the gun. Premature firing.

that seems odd to run 100 feet and put yourself into danger.

I watched, the guy with the gun had it in both hands and pointing down to his left. Watch him move around the truck door. The black man lunged at him while in that position and gained an advantage by grabbing the shotgun with his two hands and his momentum pushed the gun dude backward. it's why they ended up on the other side of the street. dude, you're still acting like a leftist, what a shame. BTW, the gun went off due to the struggle for the gun. Premature firing.
We need to wait for additional data. We are both guessing. Don't call me a LEFTIST!

Life is odd. It seems odd that people call Trump a Russian agent. But they do. Just because someone is stupid doesn't mean they have to die.

Then how did they get into the position where he fired the gun?
Arbery ran at McMichael and tried to grab the gun. It went off into the ground. Had McMichael been pointing the gun at Arbery, it would have gone off into Arbery, leaving a visibly noticeable hole in Arbery.
Not necessarily, firing a gun is not that easy. Why was he holding the gun in the first place? Citizens arrest?

There was one assailant.

Ask any cop.

He didn't. He was trying to find out if he was. As it turned out, he was.
So then you lied about confronting criminals as he wasn't confronting a criminal.

We need to wait for additional data. We are both guessing. Don't call me a LEFTIST!
stop acting like one. the video evidence tells me quite a lot. you ignoring it and introducing fiction is what is making you look like a leftist. no one pointed a gun and it never was two vs one. just flat out lies. And the black man had an option to not progress toward that truck. just did, the video shows it. and you wish to deny that evidence. And you believe the black man going after the guys with gun is smart.

Then how did they get into the position where he fired the gun?
Arbery ran at McMichael and tried to grab the gun. It went off into the ground. Had McMichael been pointing the gun at Arbery, it would have gone off into Arbery, leaving a visibly noticeable hole in Arbery.
Not necessarily, firing a gun is not that easy. Why was he holding the gun in the first place? Citizens arrest?
they wanted to detain the man for the police to whom they called. stupid. if anything, that's all they are guilty of. same as george zimmerman.

We can never know what he believed. All we can do is look at his behavior and try to determine why he made the move to disarm a guy with a shotgun, rather than freeze, run the other way, or run to the woods.

A reasonable person would not attempt to attack someone who is armed and pointing a gun, ready to fire. A reasonable person in that situation would stop and not act to provoke a gunshot. A reasonable person in that situation may attempt to flee, rather than run at the guy pointing a gun. There is nothing reasonable about that action....IF McMichael was pointing the gun (which supports the belief that he was NOT pointing the gun, which is NOT assault).

Just having the gun, by itself, is not assault. Approaching someone with a gun, by itself, is not assault. Under Georgia law, the action must put the victim in "reasonable apprehension of immediately receiving a violent injury."

Life is odd. It seems odd that people call Trump a Russian agent. But they do. Just because someone is stupid doesn't mean they have to die.
well stupid is still stupid. and running 100 feet to engage in a suicide confrontation is beyond stupid, especially when there is acres of open field and road to avoid such confrontation. that's beyond stupid. it's suicide.

Forum List

Back