Video emerges of Georgia jogger attack; case headed to grand jury

You don't have much if you're defending the assailants. Anyone can be a tough guy with a gun in their hand or if they have a numbers advantage. Here they had both and you're defending that. Makes you a pussy. You're no better than JoeB, playtime and other stupid Leftists on this site. You are the same person to me as far as I am concerned.

There was one assailant.

Sure, anyone can be tough with a gun, and not everyone with a gun is necessary smart.

That's why you don't argue with those people, if you're unarmed you avoid them.
If you point your gun at me, the last thing I am doing is turning my back. The victim made his move and it backfired (no pun intended). From my experience his body went into fight or flight mode and he didn't have the skills to disarm someone. Tragic event that never should have happened.
I wouldn't run up to a guy with a gun. my mother taught me not to. if someone comes up to me is a completely other issue. If I'm cornered I might do something. but when I have an out, I'm going with that, and I'm certainly not going to run at a guy holding one when all I have to do is go the other way.
I have had people point guns at me in training type exercises, even when not loaded and not really a threatening situation, your body and brain react as one. It can be very unnerving. I have no idea what the victim thought in that instance. Doubt he was acting rationally.
yep. I hate even a pop gun pointed at me. I will scold my kids and grandkids for pointing that at me. I use to point cap pistols at people when I was small, I knew no different. To get back to the story, the guy with a gun didn't point it at the black man, so that piece isn't even present here.
I am making that assumption. Either way it was 2 on 1 and a gun should not have been necessary.

Gun is recommended when confronting criminals.

Ask any cop.
How did Travis McMichael know Arbery was a criminal?

He didn't. He was trying to find out if he was. As it turned out, he was.
So then you lied about confronting criminals as he wasn't confronting a criminal.
Confronting someone suspected of burglary could be dangerous, no?

Confronting anyone could be dangerous. If I am walking around Boston listening to music and you get in my face, we are throwing.
I dont believe you. You arent a convincing tough guy at all.
I don't care what you believe. Want to come to Boston and find out?
Once again, your threats are hollow. You know as well as i do that im not going to Boston. You strike me as a weak person. You want to be an alpha, but you arent. Thats why you pretend to be one online.

All hell breaks loose in that he has two men he doesn't know confront him with a gun.
The "hell" didn't start breaking loose until he decided to run at McMichael. No hell was breaking loose until that happened.

Nobody had done anything that would reasonably place Arbery in apprehension of IMMEDIATELY receiving a violent injury (see Georgia statute).

We don't hear the audio. We don't know what if any was the verbal exchange. That is the big issue. I am curious how this gets decided in the court system.
I heard freeze. that's it. it was quite faint. still never saw them confront the black man. they did not approach him at all. he approached them.
If someone on the street told you to freeze, would you? They are not police officers. This will go to trial for sure. Let's see what happens?
well like I already said, I'd ignore them and run the other way. I'd avoid any confrontation where I have no advantage. It seems more reasonable to leave and seek cover or leave completely the other direction. just seems much more logical and healthy. also try and maintain myself aware of my surrounding so I never get into that situation.

All hell breaks loose in that he has two men he doesn't know confront him with a gun.
The "hell" didn't start breaking loose until he decided to run at McMichael. No hell was breaking loose until that happened.

Nobody had done anything that would reasonably place Arbery in apprehension of IMMEDIATELY receiving a violent injury (see Georgia statute).

We don't hear the audio. We don't know what if any was the verbal exchange. That is the big issue. I am curious how this gets decided in the court system.
I heard freeze. that's it. it was quite faint. still never saw them confront the black man. they did not approach him at all. he approached them.
If someone on the street told you to freeze, would you? They are not police officers. This will go to trial for sure. Let's see what happens?
Yes, of course i would freeze. Any peaceful citizen who doesnt want to get shot would. Since when have criminals yelled "freeze"? Only good guys say that. Bad guys would just shoot.

He could have more than likely. But his flight/fight reflex led him astray. So you think the assailants have zero responsibility here?
I didn't say they had zero responsibility, but if his fight/flight reflexes led him astray, wouldn't that same defense be available to Daddy McMichael watching his son in a deadly struggle for a shotgun that would most likely result in his son's death?

Yep, it would. But there is no way they could have been in that position if the son had not been pointing the gun at the victim.
Well, there would have been no struggle had McMichael been pointing the gun. Have you seen what a shotgun will do to a human body?

He believed his life was in grave danger. He made a move and he lost his life.
that seems odd to run 100 feet and put yourself into danger.
Life is odd. It seems odd that people call Trump a Russian agent. But they do. Just because someone is stupid doesn't mean they have to die.
well stupid is still stupid. and running 100 feet to engage in a suicide confrontation is beyond stupid, especially when there is acres of open field and road to avoid such confrontation. that's beyond stupid. it's suicide.
I do not disagree with you there. My guess is there was a verbal altercation. Dude gets out with a gun and all hell breaks loose. JUST A GUESS ON MY PART.
And, by "all hell breaks loose" you mean the victim decides to act in a fashion inconsistent with someone in actual apprehension of immediately receiving a violent injury.

In fact, the actions of the Arbery would put a reasonable person in apprehension of immediately receiving a violent injury, and in fact, resulted in McMichael receiving violent injuries (punches to the head).

no one confronted the black man with a gun. you should perhaps look up that word.
Then why did the victim grab it? For fun?
cause it wasn't pointed at him. and he thought he'd take that kid out.
So now you're guessing LOL. Why is your guess better than mine? Thinking like a Leftist.

He could have more than likely. But his flight/fight reflex led him astray. So you think the assailants have zero responsibility here?
I didn't say they had zero responsibility, but if his fight/flight reflexes led him astray, wouldn't that same defense be available to Daddy McMichael watching his son in a deadly struggle for a shotgun that would most likely result in his son's death?

Yep, it would. But there is no way they could have been in that position if the son had not been pointing the gun at the victim.
Well, there would have been no struggle had McMichael been pointing the gun. Have you seen what a shotgun will do to a human body?

Life is odd. It seems odd that people call Trump a Russian agent. But they do. Just because someone is stupid doesn't mean they have to die.
well stupid is still stupid. and running 100 feet to engage in a suicide confrontation is beyond stupid, especially when there is acres of open field and road to avoid such confrontation. that's beyond stupid. it's suicide.
I do not disagree with you there. My guess is there was a verbal altercation. Dude gets out with a gun and all hell breaks loose. JUST A GUESS ON MY PART.
And, by "all hell breaks loose" you mean the victim decides to act in a fashion inconsistent with someone in actual apprehension of immediately receiving a violent injury.

In fact, the actions of the Arbery would put a reasonable person in apprehension of immediately receiving a violent injury, and in fact, resulted in McMichael receiving violent injuries (punches to the head).

no one confronted the black man with a gun. you should perhaps look up that word.
So now you're guessing LOL. Why is your guess better than mine? Thinking like a Leftist.
not at all, I have a video that shows what I wrote.

well like I already said, I'd ignore them and run the other way. I'd avoid any confrontation where I have no advantage. It seems more reasonable to leave and seek cover or leave completely the other direction. just seems much more logical and healthy. also try and maintain myself aware of my surrounding so I never get into that situation.
Except maybe he thought they would shoot him in the back? Is that possible? You're also not a 25-year old kid who thinks he is invincible. At 25, I would have fought ISIS by myself.

Why did they stop their truck in the middle of the street? Why was he holding a shotgun? Normal people don't do that.
They were stupid and they trying to stop a burglary suspect. He was holding a shotgun because a burglary suspect can be a dangerous person. Normal people don't typically confront someone they suspect of burglary.

None of that behavior amounts to placing Arbery in apprehension of immediately receiving a violent injury (see the Georgia statute).

AT BEST: They tried to play cops and ended up being vigilantes.

Agreed?
I agree. They were stupid. That's where I disagree with others. One should not be surprised when another citizen does not respond to a citizen's arrest the same way they might respond to a police arrest. Apparent authority is what gains safe compliance.

I don't believe it is a crime for a civilian to apprehend a burglary suspect (I could be wrong). It's just stupid.

not at all, I have a video that shows what I wrote.
You have a video that says it wasn't pointed at him? Show me.

Why did they stop their truck in the middle of the street? Why was he holding a shotgun? Normal people don't do that.
They were stupid and they trying to stop a burglary suspect. He was holding a shotgun because a burglary suspect can be a dangerous person. Normal people don't typically confront someone they suspect of burglary.

None of that behavior amounts to placing Arbery in apprehension of immediately receiving a violent injury (see the Georgia statute).

Agreed?
I agree. They were stupid. That's where I disagree with others. One should not be surprised when another citizen does not respond to a citizen's arrest the same way they might respond to a police arrest. Apparent authority is what gains safe compliance.

I don't believe it is a crime for a civilian to apprehend a burglary suspect (I could be wrong). It's just stupid.

THANK YOU. So we do agree.

That is all I was looking for.

It's anyone's guess why Arbery decided to go after McMichael's gun, but such action supports the inference that Arbery was not in reasonable apprehension of immediately receiving a violent injury. Otherwise, he would have flinched, or ducked, or ran, or just stopped and held up his hands.

There is not enough actual video footage to conclude either way, but Arbery's actions immediately before the struggle support the inference that he was not in reasonable apprehension of immediately receiving a violent injury (Georgia statute). In other words, he did not seem to believe that McMichael was about to shoot him. Thus, we can infer that McMichael was not point the gun immediately before Arbery ran at him. We DO have video footage shortly thereafter showing that the gun was pointed at the ground when the first shot rang out, which was apparently a result of the struggle, rather than an attempt to shot Arbery.

It's anyone's guess why Arbery decided to go after McMichael's gun, but such action supports the inference that Arbery was not in reasonable apprehension of immediately receiving a violent injury. Otherwise, he would have flinched, or ducked, or ran, or just stopped and held up his hands.

I agree.

Agreed?

THANK YOU. So we do agree.

That is all I was looking for.
It's a reasonable conclusion. That's all I have asked of everyone here. Be reasonable.

Some of these clowns will not even admit that Arbery had multiple opportunities to avoid death and chose to escalate.

Some of these clowns even go so far as to say that the McMichaels would have killed Arbery no matter what he did.

There is not enough actual video footage to conclude either way, but Arbery's actions immediately before the struggle support the inference that he was not in reasonable apprehension of immediately receiving a violent injury (Georgia statute). In other words, he did not seem to believe that McMichael was about to shoot him. Thus, we can infer that McMichael was not point the gun immediately before Arbery ran at him. We DO have video footage shortly thereafter showing that the gun was pointed at the ground when the first shot rang out, which was apparently a result of the struggle, rather than an attempt to shot Arbery.

Victim believed he was in grave danger IMO.

If someone on the street told you to freeze, would you?
If they were pointing a gun, you bet your ass I would. Someone yelling "freeze" tells me that they can shoot, but will not shoot if I actually stop. Otherwise, they would say nothing and just shoot.

They are not police officers.
I don't care who has the gun. If they have it pointed at me and yell freeze, I am not going to provoke them into shooting it. They obviously do not intend to shoot if I give them no reason. Why would I ignore them giving me an opportunity to prevent my own death?

This will go to trial for sure. Let's see what happens?
I agree. I was initially concerned that the DA would simply go for murder-1 and not go for "lesser included" charges, leaving a jury no opportunity to hand down some form of punishment for their stupid behavior that resulted in another man's death. They did that in the Baltimore cases, if I recall correctly. It's like they were begging for a not-guilty verdict so they could further play the narrative of injustice.

But, that is not the standard. He may have believed that he was in danger, but he was not in reasonable apprehension of immediately receiving a violent injury.

Example:
I pull my fist back and act like I am going to punch you, and you see it and flinch. That's assault. My action put you in reasonable apprehension that you were about to get punched. Your flinch demonstrates or proves your reasonable apprehension.

Pointing a gun at him may have put him in reasonable apprehension, but coupled with yelling freeze, or the fact that he didn't get shot immediately and he ran at McMichael, demonstrates that he was NOT in reasonable apprehension.

But, that is not the standard. He may have believed that he was in danger, but he was not in reasonable apprehension of immediately receiving a violent injury.

Example:
I pull my fist back and act like I am going to punch you, and you see it and flinch. That's assault. My action put you in reasonable apprehension that you were about to get punched. Your flinch demonstrates or proves your reasonable apprehension.

Pointing a gun at him may have put him in reasonable apprehension, but coupled with yelling freeze, or the fact that he didn't get shot immediately and he ran at McMichael, demonstrates that he was NOT in reasonable apprehension.

Tough to gauge without a strong audio.

Example:

True, but had McMichael pointed the gun, a reasonable person would have flinched or ran or stopped and put their hands up. I would argue that no reasonable person, having a gun pointed at him, would provoke the person pointing the gun, by running at him and trying to take it.

So, it may be a case where McMichael did point the gun and Arbery was completely stupid, I suppose.

You don't have much if you're defending the assailants. Anyone can be a tough guy with a gun in their hand or if they have a numbers advantage. Here they had both and you're defending that. Makes you a pussy. You're no better than JoeB, playtime and other stupid Leftists on this site. You are the same person to me as far as I am concerned.

There was one assailant.

Sure, anyone can be tough with a gun, and not everyone with a gun is necessary smart.

That's why you don't argue with those people, if you're unarmed you avoid them.
If you point your gun at me, the last thing I am doing is turning my back. The victim made his move and it backfired (no pun intended). From my experience his body went into fight or flight mode and he didn't have the skills to disarm someone. Tragic event that never should have happened.
I wouldn't run up to a guy with a gun. my mother taught me not to. if someone comes up to me is a completely other issue. If I'm cornered I might do something. but when I have an out, I'm going with that, and I'm certainly not going to run at a guy holding one when all I have to do is go the other way.
I have had people point guns at me in training type exercises, even when not loaded and not really a threatening situation, your body and brain react as one. It can be very unnerving. I have no idea what the victim thought in that instance. Doubt he was acting rationally.
yep. I hate even a pop gun pointed at me. I will scold my kids and grandkids for pointing that at me. I use to point cap pistols at people when I was small, I knew no different. To get back to the story, the guy with a gun didn't point it at the black man, so that piece isn't even present here.
I am making that assumption. Either way it was 2 on 1 and a gun should not have been necessary.

Gun is recommended when confronting criminals.

Ask any cop.
How did Travis McMichael know Arbery was a criminal?

He didn't. He was trying to find out if he was. As it turned out, he was.
So then you lied about confronting criminals as he wasn't confronting a criminal.
Confronting someone suspected of burglary could be dangerous, no?

How could the McMichael's suspect burglary when one of them only saw Arbery running and the other one saw nothing at all?

Example:

True, but had McMichael pointed the gun, a reasonable person would have flinched or ran or stopped and put their hands up. I would argue that no reasonable person, having a gun pointed at him, would provoke the person pointing the gun, by running at him and trying to take it.

So, it may be a case where McMichael did point the gun and Arbery was completely stupid, I suppose.

25-year olds are stupid and believe they are immortal. I did.

Forum List

Back