Video emerges of Georgia jogger attack; case headed to grand jury

Self defense is not illegal. Arbery has a right to defend himself. He didn’t pick this fight. In fact, he attempted to run from it.
Self-defense requires fear of IMMINENT bodily injury or death. Where was that BEFORE he ran at McMichael?

I know what you're gonna say. They were armed. Bullshit. That's not enough.

It appears that he DID pick this fight. He could have just kept on running, rather than ATTACK McMichael, which the video CLEARLY shows.

He did NOT attempt to run from it. He ran AT McMichael. Deny it. I'll show you the video.

They were chasing him, attempting to cut him off, to intercept him. They put themselves in his path repeatedly. They shouted at him telling him to stop.

And they did so while brandishing firearms.

A rational person would find that to be a threatening situation. Do you disagree?
How are they supposed to stop a burglar WITHOUT putting themselves in his path? :cuckoo:
Let the police do their job.
The police werent there, obviously. How stupid ARE you?
Did I say they were? :cuckoo:
If they werent there, how are they supposed to "do their job"? Your logic is terribly flawed.
Nope, no flaw. The police were called and made aware of the circumstances.
...but they werent there, so how could they do their job THERE?
Part of their job is getting there. They were already called out -- let them do their job.

Had they, Arbery would still be alive and thd McMichael's wouldn't be facing a long prison sentence.
I am quite certain they wont be seeing any prison time. You guys are always wrong in these cases. The evidence is right in front of you, yet you arent able to understand it.

Shooter definitely going to prison. LOL.

You're delusional.
Hey, we finally agree on something. :beer:
Miracles happen! LOL

I posted several videos. Why did you only mention the first one? Your entire argument is based on lies. I posted several examples. Would you like 10 more that have nothing to do with someones home? 20? 30? How many must i post before you admit you are wrong?
I don't have time now to go into this further but I will answer your questions later on this evening if I have time.

In the meantime, I just checked with a CJTC firearm instructor (Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission) and he directed me to the specific page and paragraph in their training manual that answers your question which follows below. This is the same training I completed when I obtained my first WA Concealed Pistol License 19 years ago.
CRIMINAL PENALTIES FOR UNLAWFUL USE OF FORCE
Use of force or deadly force when law does not allow it may result in your arrest for assault or homicide.
Criminal charges for an assault with a firearm do not necessarily require that the gun be fired; for example, someone who threatens another without legal justification by pointing a gun at him or her has committed an assault.

An assault with a firearm is usually considered to be a first or second-degree assault (both of these are felonies). Conviction of such a crime may carry a sentence from ten to 20 years. Should your use of force result in the unlawful death of another person, you may be charged with either manslaughter if your recklessness caused the death, or murder if you intended to kill the person.

Penalties for manslaughter may be up to ten years in prison. Murder carries a sentence up to life in prison, unless certain aggravating circumstances exist, in which case the court may impose the death penalty [Washington State no longer has a death penalty as of a few years ago].

It is your responsibility as the person carrying or using a weapon to use it responsibly and within the law. Neither your employer nor any other person is criminally responsible for your acts with a firearm. Under criminal law, you alone have the responsibility for any display or firing of a firearm. If you have any doubt about your ability to make crucial life-and-death decisions regarding the use of deadly force, then you should not carry a firearm.
None of that has anything at all to do with our debate. You said its illegal to point a gun at someone. I showed you that is not true. Good samaritans can absolutely point a gun at a suspected criminal.
LMAO... those two were definitely not "good Samaritans".

Wow...the stupidity.
Sure they were. They were tracking a criminal whom they recognized from crime scene footage. That is by definition a good samaritan.

Criminal or Violent Criminal? Killing someone without a judge and jury makes one a good Samaritan? Oh...
When someone attacks you, you have the right to self defense. A man trying to take your gun away is a dire threat.
And a man pointing a gun at you is also a dire threat. No gun and there is no death in this case. Don't stop the truck in the middle of the street and act like a cop.
Where is your evidence that he pointed his gun at him? Prove that claim or look like the complete fool that we all know you are.
he can't. the video clearly shows at the 22 second mark, the black man had his hands on the gun prior to the first shot going off. he can't deny that. to do so, makes him a leftist.
He tried to disarm him with an incorrect technique.
This isnt the movies, dipshit. Youve never disarmed a man with a gun and you would suck at it if you tried.

The fact is, the gun was never pointed at him and the black guy attacked him anyway. His mistake. Im glad he is dead and no longer able to victimize anyone else.
But I have and many times. Granted they weren't loaded but the same techniques apply. It was 100% already pointed and as this gets tried and experts opine, you'll see that I am correct.
the thing is, a gun under stress can prematurely go off. right?

Because they were chasing him, attempting to cut him off and intercept him and pulled their truck up to him specifically to stop him.
And that does not justify Arbery's aggression.

If you can’t see where McMichael is, then how can you say it’s clear that he never approached Arbery? You can’t. It’s not “clear”. It’s anything but.
You can't see him anywhere in the frame when Arbery RUNS AT HIM!!!!

The video confirms this was self defense, not aggression. The shot rang out at the point Avery was rounding the vehicle. The aggression is from those who were in possession of illegally loaded firearms.
Yeah, what part of the video do you see where the dead guy initially feared for his life? It’s not there. All you see is the black guy being aggressive toward a white dude. That’s what’s making you fucking pissed off. A white dude killed a black dude who deserved it.

Boo fucking who.

Guys having guns does not equal aggression, you gun-grabbing twat. Running at someone is. You can cry all you want. The black dude was the aggressor and deserved to die. Fuck him.

So, considering that you see things so crystal clear, do you believe the McMichael's will be exonerated?
I’m not sure.

All I’m saying is the video does not provide any evidence of anybody being an aggressor but the dead guy.

Show me anywhere in that video where you see anybody but the dead guy being the initial aggressor. And I don’t wanna hear any shit about them stopping their truck. That is not aggression. I don’t wanna hear any shit about them having guns. That is not aggression either.

"Show me anywhere in that video where you see anybody but the dead guy being the initial aggressor."

Where they cut him off in their vehicle and got out armed. That's an aggressive maneuver.
He was on foot. The video shows trees, words, house is in the background.

The video does not show a 25 foot wall keeping Arbery from running away.

I will ask you the same question:

Is it your argument that no matter what happened, these dudes were going to kill Arbery?

Is it your argument that there is nothing Arbery could have done to prevent his own death?

Is it your argument that, assuming McMichael was pointing the shotgun at him, that Arbery acted appropriately by running at McMichael and trying to take the gun away from him?

My guess:

Assailants asked him to stop. He said, NFW. It escalates. Shooter gets out and points the gun, victim tries to disarm him and gets shot.

ONLY AN EDUCATED GUESS.

Because they were chasing him, attempting to cut him off and intercept him and pulled their truck up to him specifically to stop him.

If you can’t see where McMichael is, then how can you say it’s clear that he never approached Arbery? You can’t. It’s not “clear”. It’s anything but.

The video confirms this was self defense, not aggression. The shot rang out at the point Avery was rounding the vehicle. The aggression is from those who were in possession of illegally loaded firearms.
Yeah, what part of the video do you see where the dead guy initially feared for his life? It’s not there. All you see is the black guy being aggressive toward a white dude. That’s what’s making you fucking pissed off. A white dude killed a black dude who deserved it.

Boo fucking who.

Guys having guns does not equal aggression, you gun-grabbing twat. Running at someone is. You can cry all you want. The black dude was the aggressor and deserved to die. Fuck him.

So, considering that you see things so crystal clear, do you believe the McMichael's will be exonerated?
I’m not sure.

All I’m saying is the video does not provide any evidence of anybody being an aggressor but the dead guy.

Show me anywhere in that video where you see anybody but the dead guy being the initial aggressor. And I don’t wanna hear any shit about them stopping their truck. That is not aggression. I don’t wanna hear any shit about them having guns. That is not aggression either.

"Show me anywhere in that video where you see anybody but the dead guy being the initial aggressor."

Where they cut him off in their vehicle and got out armed. That's an aggressive maneuver.

Is it your argument that no matter what happened, these dudes were going to kill Arbery?

Is it your argument that there is nothing Arbery could have done to prevent his own death?

Is it your argument that, assuming McMichael was pointing the shotgun at him, that Arbery acted appropriately by running at McMichael and trying to take the gun away from him?

As pointed out, Arbery had already tried to elude them when they re-appeared in the street as seen in the video.

Also, Georgia has stand your ground laws. Arbery had no duty to retreat but did have the legal authority to defend his life against a reasonable threat.

Logic and common sense says that there's a better than average chance that, when McMichael ran in front of the truck, he did so in a manner as to completely block Arbery. Maybe he leveled the shotgun at him. Any intelligent person would accept that as being well within the realm of possibility.
Assume that is true.

Any intelligent person who has a gun pointed at him will not rush the guy pointing the gun.

If McMichael were pointing the SHOTGUN at Arbery, did he try to shoot Arbery when Arbery rushed him?

Anybody with any gun experience knows what would have happened to Arbery had McMichael had the barrel aimed and fired when Arbery charged. You would see body parts flying, not a struggle for the gun.

I posted several videos. Why did you only mention the first one? Your entire argument is based on lies. I posted several examples. Would you like 10 more that have nothing to do with someones home? 20? 30? How many must i post before you admit you are wrong?
I don't have time now to go into this further but I will answer your questions later on this evening if I have time.

In the meantime, I just checked with a CJTC firearm instructor (Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission) and he directed me to the specific page and paragraph in their training manual that answers your question which follows below. This is the same training I completed when I obtained my first WA Concealed Pistol License 19 years ago.
CRIMINAL PENALTIES FOR UNLAWFUL USE OF FORCE
Use of force or deadly force when law does not allow it may result in your arrest for assault or homicide.
Criminal charges for an assault with a firearm do not necessarily require that the gun be fired; for example, someone who threatens another without legal justification by pointing a gun at him or her has committed an assault.

An assault with a firearm is usually considered to be a first or second-degree assault (both of these are felonies). Conviction of such a crime may carry a sentence from ten to 20 years. Should your use of force result in the unlawful death of another person, you may be charged with either manslaughter if your recklessness caused the death, or murder if you intended to kill the person.

Penalties for manslaughter may be up to ten years in prison. Murder carries a sentence up to life in prison, unless certain aggravating circumstances exist, in which case the court may impose the death penalty [Washington State no longer has a death penalty as of a few years ago].

It is your responsibility as the person carrying or using a weapon to use it responsibly and within the law. Neither your employer nor any other person is criminally responsible for your acts with a firearm. Under criminal law, you alone have the responsibility for any display or firing of a firearm. If you have any doubt about your ability to make crucial life-and-death decisions regarding the use of deadly force, then you should not carry a firearm.
None of that has anything at all to do with our debate. You said its illegal to point a gun at someone. I showed you that is not true. Good samaritans can absolutely point a gun at a suspected criminal.
LMAO... those two were definitely not "good Samaritans".

Wow...the stupidity.
Sure they were. They were tracking a criminal whom they recognized from crime scene footage. That is by definition a good samaritan.

Criminal or Violent Criminal? Killing someone without a judge and jury makes one a good Samaritan? Oh...
When someone attacks you, you have the right to self defense. A man trying to take your gun away is a dire threat.
And a man pointing a gun at you is also a dire threat. No gun and there is no death in this case. Don't stop the truck in the middle of the street and act like a cop.
Where is your evidence that he pointed his gun at him? Prove that claim or look like the complete fool that we all know you are.
he can't. the video clearly shows at the 22 second mark, the black man had his hands on the gun prior to the first shot going off. he can't deny that. to do so, makes him a leftist.
He tried to disarm him with an incorrect technique.
why? he never threatened him.
Subjective. When you see a gun that is a threat. Especially with the truck stopped in the middle of the street.
so a truck in the middle of the street is a threat? wow. that happens all the time. Cops sit in cars with rifles and a pistol. are they a threat?

Self defense is not illegal. Arbery has a right to defend himself. He didn’t pick this fight. In fact, he attempted to run from it.
Self-defense requires fear of IMMINENT bodily injury or death. Where was that BEFORE he ran at McMichael?

It appears that he DID pick this fight. He could have just kept on running, rather than ATTACK McMichael, which the video CLEARLY shows.

He did NOT attempt to run from it. He ran AT McMichael. Deny it. I'll show you the video.

They were chasing him, attempting to cut him off, to intercept him. They put themselves in his path repeatedly. They shouted at him telling him to stop.

A rational person would find that to be a threatening situation. Do you disagree?
How are they supposed to stop a burglar WITHOUT putting themselves in his path? :cuckoo:
If they werent there, how are they supposed to "do their job"? Your logic is terribly flawed.
Part of their job is getting there. They were already called out -- let them do their job.

Had they, Arbery would still be alive and thd McMichael's wouldn't be facing a long prison sentence.
I am quite certain they wont be seeing any prison time. You guys are always wrong in these cases. The evidence is right in front of you, yet you arent able to understand it.

You're delusional.
We have heard you idiots claim this many times, but it never works out that way. You guys are always wrong when it comes to these incidents.

Boo fucking who.

I’m not sure.

My guess:

Assailants asked him to stop. He said, NFW. It escalates. Shooter gets out and points the gun, victim tries to disarm him and gets shot.

ONLY AN EDUCATED GUESS.
except the video doesn't show that scenario. why can't you stay with the video evidence?

Also, Georgia has stand your ground laws. Arbery had no duty to retreat but did have the legal authority to defend his life against a reasonable threat.
Yes, as I pointed out earlier, he has no duty to retreat, BUT the fact that he didn't retreat, with multiple opportunities to do so, tends to prove that he did not fear for his life. Which tends to prove that NOBODY WAS POINTING A GUN AT HIM.

These guys are trying to get us to believe they had no intention of stopping him.
So? Trying to stop somebody is not assault.

Going after somebody and try to take their gun away from him is very much assault.

What's equally clear is that McMichaels then went from the driver's side of the truck to the front of the truck. Why would he have done that if he had no interest in confronting the jogger?
He did. Irrelevant. Confronting is not assaulting.

The only person that you can tell is committing assault in this video is the dead guy.

Nope, people have a right to fight for their life when someone pulls out a gun at them.
You are allowed to take a gun that wasnt pointed at you? You can just start punching someone in the face? Is this the retarded angle youre taking?
It's the retarded angle they are all going with, because they are all gun grabbers.

Having a gun is murder and high treason.

You don't have much if you're defending the assailants. Anyone can be a tough guy with a gun in their hand or if they have a numbers advantage. Here they had both and you're defending that. Makes you a pussy. You're no better than JoeB, playtime and other stupid Leftists on this site. You are the same person to me as far as I am concerned.

There was one assailant.

Sure, anyone can be tough with a gun, and not everyone with a gun is necessary smart.

That's why you don't argue with those people, if you're unarmed you avoid them.
If you point your gun at me, the last thing I am doing is turning my back. The victim made his move and it backfired (no pun intended). From my experience his body went into fight or flight mode and he didn't have the skills to disarm someone. Tragic event that never should have happened.
I wouldn't run up to a guy with a gun. my mother taught me not to. if someone comes up to me is a completely other issue. If I'm cornered I might do something. but when I have an out, I'm going with that, and I'm certainly not going to run at a guy holding one when all I have to do is go the other way.
I have had people point guns at me in training type exercises, even when not loaded and not really a threatening situation, your body and brain react as one. It can be very unnerving. I have no idea what the victim thought in that instance. Doubt he was acting rationally.
yep. I hate even a pop gun pointed at me. I will scold my kids and grandkids for pointing that at me. I use to point cap pistols at people when I was small, I knew no different. To get back to the story, the guy with a gun didn't point it at the black man, so that piece isn't even present here.
I am making that assumption. Either way it was 2 on 1 and a gun should not have been necessary.
no it wasn't there was no one in front of the man and he didn't have to run at that possible scenario. all he had to do was either turn around, veer to the right, but basically avoid the two dudes was well within his options. he choose differently than me.

And, the video clearly shows his own actions caused the gun to fire.
OK but doesn't change the variables of:

#1) It was 2 vs. 1
#2) No need for a gun due to #1
where was it 2 vs 1? I only see the kid wrestling with the black man 1 vs 1. Again, the black man had an option to turn around or veer to the right, there were never two against one. never. his options available removed that position.
There were two in the truck and two were arrested. With a gun pointed at you, many don't turn their back and run.
yep, and neither person denied the black man any constitutional right to run down a street. just didn't. I'm happy to entertain other evidence that shows they did. So far, the only video clearly shows the black man at least one hundred feet from a truck parked in the street. no one impeded his position at all. The black man continues running toward the truck, encounters the truck and runs around the truck. no one detained him during that entire process. Show me differently. No one pointed a gun at him, no one did any thing until the black man darted across the front of the truck and attacked the man with a gun. That's all one sees. please, I'll entertain other evidence. post it.
As I said, let's watch it play out. If I am right you throw me a fist pump and if you're right I'll do the same. Deal?
sure. But you never answered if the dude with the gun ever actually pointed the gun at the black man, and if the black man had options to avoid confrontation.
Once you see a gun you go into fight or flight.
that's odd. I ignore.

Boo fucking who.

I’m not sure.

If he was innocent, he would have stopped and proven his innocence. He attacked someone instead, so now he paid the price.
LOLOL

Who the fuck is gonna stop and talk to some armed guys screaming at them from their vehicle. And why should Arbery have stopped to talk to them? The murderers had zero authority to stop him.
Sure they had authority. You have never heard of a citizens arrest?

These guys are trying to get us to believe they had no intention of stopping him.

Going after somebody and try to take their gun away from him is very much assault.

What's equally clear is that McMichaels then went from the driver's side of the truck to the front of the truck. Why would he have done that if he had no interest in confronting the jogger?

The only person that you can tell is committing assault in this video is the dead guy.

Nope, people have a right to fight for their life when someone pulls out a gun at them.
You are allowed to take a gun that wasnt pointed at you? You can just start punching someone in the face? Is this the retarded angle youre taking?
It's the retarded angle they are all going with, because they are all gun grabbers.

Having a gun is murder and high treason.

well they haven't yet discussed the video evidence.

You certainly can when someone is threatening you.

You're delusional.
We have heard you idiots claim this many times, but it never works out that way. You guys are always wrong when it comes to these incidents.
"You guys"?

Let's see how this plays out.

So, a bunch of you argue (or refuse to clarify) that there is NOTHING Arbery could have done in this scenario to prevent his death. A whole bunch of you seem to support the notion that the McMichael idiots stopped on the road with the intent to commit murder, and Arbery had no way out but a body bag.

Just brilliant.

You don't have much if you're defending the assailants. Anyone can be a tough guy with a gun in their hand or if they have a numbers advantage. Here they had both and you're defending that. Makes you a pussy. You're no better than JoeB, playtime and other stupid Leftists on this site. You are the same person to me as far as I am concerned.

There was one assailant.

Sure, anyone can be tough with a gun, and not everyone with a gun is necessary smart.

If you point your gun at me, the last thing I am doing is turning my back. The victim made his move and it backfired (no pun intended). From my experience his body went into fight or flight mode and he didn't have the skills to disarm someone. Tragic event that never should have happened.
I wouldn't run up to a guy with a gun. my mother taught me not to. if someone comes up to me is a completely other issue. If I'm cornered I might do something. but when I have an out, I'm going with that, and I'm certainly not going to run at a guy holding one when all I have to do is go the other way.
I have had people point guns at me in training type exercises, even when not loaded and not really a threatening situation, your body and brain react as one. It can be very unnerving. I have no idea what the victim thought in that instance. Doubt he was acting rationally.
yep. I hate even a pop gun pointed at me. I will scold my kids and grandkids for pointing that at me. I use to point cap pistols at people when I was small, I knew no different. To get back to the story, the guy with a gun didn't point it at the black man, so that piece isn't even present here.
I am making that assumption. Either way it was 2 on 1 and a gun should not have been necessary.
no it wasn't there was no one in front of the man and he didn't have to run at that possible scenario. all he had to do was either turn around, veer to the right, but basically avoid the two dudes was well within his options. he choose differently than me.

#1) It was 2 vs. 1
where was it 2 vs 1? I only see the kid wrestling with the black man 1 vs 1. Again, the black man had an option to turn around or veer to the right, there were never two against one. never. his options available removed that position.
There were two in the truck and two were arrested. With a gun pointed at you, many don't turn their back and run.
yep, and neither person denied the black man any constitutional right to run down a street. just didn't. I'm happy to entertain other evidence that shows they did. So far, the only video clearly shows the black man at least one hundred feet from a truck parked in the street. no one impeded his position at all. The black man continues running toward the truck, encounters the truck and runs around the truck. no one detained him during that entire process. Show me differently. No one pointed a gun at him, no one did any thing until the black man darted across the front of the truck and attacked the man with a gun. That's all one sees. please, I'll entertain other evidence. post it.
As I said, let's watch it play out. If I am right you throw me a fist pump and if you're right I'll do the same. Deal?
sure. But you never answered if the dude with the gun ever actually pointed the gun at the black man, and if the black man had options to avoid confrontation.
that's odd. I ignore.
You're an evolved human then. Congratulations. You point a gun at me and ignore is the last thing I do.

So, a bunch of you argue (or refuse to clarify) that there is NOTHING Arbery could have done in this scenario to prevent his death. A whole bunch of you seem to support the notion that the McMichael idiots stopped on the road with the intent to commit murder, and Arbery had no way out but a body bag.

Just brilliant.

He could have more than likely. But his flight/fight reflex led him astray. So you think the assailants have zero responsibility here?

Boo fucking who.

I’m not sure.

If he was innocent, he would have stopped and proven his innocence. He attacked someone instead, so now he paid the price.
LOLOL

Who the fuck is gonna stop and talk to some armed guys screaming at them from their vehicle. And why should Arbery have stopped to talk to them? The murderers had zero authority to stop him.
Sure they had authority. You have never heard of a citizens arrest?
Let's try this one last time...

A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.

What "felony" did Arbery commit in Travis McMichael's "presence" or within his "immediate knowledge?"

There was one assailant.

#1) It was 2 vs. 1
that's odd. I ignore.
You're an evolved human then. Congratulations. You point a gun at me and ignore is the last thing I do.
so a cop tells you to freeze with their pistol pointed at you and you run at them? oohhhhhkay francis.

Forum List

Back