Video: Ingraham returns slams the chilling effect of free speech

She didnt even do anything out of line IMO Dont get involved if you cant take it. I mean, what kind of dumbass...?
It just shows what thin skin that child has. Also, those advertisers that got manipulated or towed that little twats line, is just as pathetic.

She bullied a child. The attack was personal and had nothing to do with his views or his politics.

I thinks it’s laughable that this stupid bitch is complaining that she’s being “bullied”.

What did she say?

She mocked him for being turned down by four of the colleges he applied to.

No, she did not. She mocked him for whining about it. She also said it was no surprise he didn't get into UCLA given their low acceptance rate, even with his high GPA.

She made the comment about UCLA in her “apology”, wherein she tried to justify attacking a 17 year old.

I love how she’s now trying to frame her suspension and loss of sponsorship as a “chilling of free speech”.

Maybe she should try treating people she disagrees with as she would like to be treated. She asks for conservative speech to be respected. Then she call liberal ideas “bullshit”.

Laura want liberals to respect conservative ideas and her speech, but then insults liberals and their ideas as “bullshit”.

I’ll bet she doesn’t see the hypocrisy in that at all.

Ingraham pandered to her followers by attempting to demean Hogg. It backfired. Big fucking deal. It's not a 1st Amendment issue. She's free to characterize him as "whining" again. She wants to be free from criticism, and conservatives want to wrap the victim flag around her.
This is not a liberal. ^^^

She didnt even do anything out of line IMO Dont get involved if you cant take it. I mean, what kind of dumbass...?
It just shows what thin skin that child has. Also, those advertisers that got manipulated or towed that little twats line, is just as pathetic.

She bullied a child. The attack was personal and had nothing to do with his views or his politics.

I thinks it’s laughable that this stupid bitch is complaining that she’s being “bullied”.

What did she say?

No, she did not. She mocked him for whining about it. She also said it was no surprise he didn't get into UCLA given their low acceptance rate, even with his high GPA.

She made the comment about UCLA in her “apology”, wherein she tried to justify attacking a 17 year old.

Wrong. This is the text of the original Tweet that sent Hogg over the edge:

"David Hogg Rejected By Four Colleges To Which He Applied and whines about it. (Dinged by UCLA with a 4.1 GPA...totally predictable given acceptance rates.)"

She mocked him for whining about it and even went on to acknowledge his high GPA.

Fox News Channel host Laura Ingraham returned from a forced vacation Monday and slammed the ‘chilling effect on free speech’ that prompted 19 advertisers to boycott her show in the wake of the Parkland shooting last month.
Video: Ingraham Returns, Slams ‘The Chilling Effect On Free Speech’

Well the media who isn't on Obama and Clintons asshole list are starting to come forward and speak what has been going on, what is or isn't. The left can't accept it because Obama the moron is out of the house and the only control he has now is behind the scenes in the deep state. That pos has destroyed this Nation and Karma can't find that loser fast enough.
Laura was mocking that child in an effort to harass him into silence.

It backfired.

Who's whinning now?

No one is preventing Laura from speaking her mind. Advertisers have a right to give their money to whoever they want. It's capitalism.

Laura and the rest of the right wing mafia still don't get it. It's ok to criticize someone's political stance. But it's unbecoming to hand put school yard insults to a group of teens who just went through a traumatic experience.

What did she say?

Wrong. This is the text of the original Tweet that sent Hogg over the edge:

"David Hogg Rejected By Four Colleges To Which He Applied and whines about it. (Dinged by UCLA with a 4.1 GPA...totally predictable given acceptance rates.)"

She mocked him for whining about it and even went on to acknowledge his high GPA.
To which he was offended and then exercised his freedom of speech to motivate folks to boycott her sponsors. Which she then framed as a “Stalinist” maneuver to rob her of her First Amendment rights. She’s actually bitching about the left employing thuggish vernacular to shame the right into silence by resorting to thuggish vernacular herself to shame the left into silence; because when the left spoke up against her, it hit her where it hurts — her pocketbook.

Who's whinning now?

No one is preventing Laura from speaking her mind. Advertisers have a right to give their money to whoever they want. It's capitalism.

Laura and the rest of the right wing mafia still don't get it. It's ok to criticize someone's political stance. But it's unbecoming to hand put school yard insults to a group of teens who just went through a traumatic experience.
You would think such a champion of freedom of speech as Ingraham positions herself to be; she would have defended Colin Kaepernick when he took a knee in protest during the National Anthem. Hers was not a voice of support I can recall hearing over that.

What teenager refers to himself or his peers as a child let alone a 17 year old male? Conservatives are targeted by the Leftists and Hogg or his Leftist handlers counciled him to call for that boycott.

What teenager refers to himself or his peers as a child let alone a 17 year old male? Conservatives are targeted by the Leftists and Hogg or his Leftist handlers counciled him to call for that boycott.
LOLOL

It cracks me up watching you moronic hypocrites bitch and moan because some folks on the left call for boycotts of sponsors of Laura Ingraham’s show — when folks like you boycotted the NFL in protest of players’ kneeling during the National Anthem.

So it’s ok for you to bludgeon your political foes with boycotts but it’s not ok for the left to do that?

LOLOL

It cracks me up watching you moronic hypocrites bitch and moan because some folks on the left call for boycotts of sponsors of Laura Ingraham’s show — when folks like you boycotted the NFL in protest of players’ kneeling during the National Anthem.

So it’s ok for you to bludgeon your political foes with boycotts but it’s not ok for the left to do that?
We never called for NFL sponsors to stop advertising, we just stopped watching NFL games. Exercising our freedom of association.

What did she say?
This is what set off Hogg to get his 650,000 Twitter followers to WHINE to advertisers to pull from her show:

Twitter
Otherwise known as — freedom of speech.
With 650,000 Twitter followers and suggesting a boycott, that is bullying. A tactic used by the Leftists.

Trump Calls for Boycott if N.F.L. Doesn’t Crack Down on Anthem Protests

He is out there begging the govt to take away our rights. He is front and center. He brought ridicule on his own. Looks like you need to grow up, along with the think skin kid.

He is out there begging the govt to take away our rights. He is front and center. He brought ridicule on his own. Looks like you need to grow up, along with the think skin kid.

The kid seems to be doing fine. Ingraham is the one who had to take a week off, while the bruises faded.

(Figurative bruises! Figurative!)

She didn't do anything out of line? Not for you or me dropping our turds of wisdom on USMB, but she is a professional adult pundit on national television. They are not supposed to cross the line into personal attacks of their opponents. Any who do should NOT be your hero.

All she did was mention that he whined about not getting into a few colleges. She also added that it was tough for anyone to get into UCLA, even with his GPA.

I'm sorry but I fail to see what all the noise is about.
Really? If it were your son that she was broadcasting to the world had been turned down to four colleges, would you feel that way?
We all know exactly what she was saying--that the kid is a loser.
I agree with the posters here who said it's time for everyone to move on. He's going to move on to knocking on doors and getting out the vote during the midterms. His moment in the spotlight is over, if I'm not mistaken. Ingraham and the rest of 'em need to let go of their grudge against him. Here at USMB I never enter a gun thread unless I'm ready for a good thrumping, but it shouldn't be like that in PUBLIC, on teevee. No.

Forum List

Back