Video: Iran's young voters clouded by disillusionment

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I would imagine the youth feel that nothing will change even after the election. They see that the Arab Spring did nothing for the youth in other countries even though the youth had high hopes.

• © FRANCE 24 screengrab
Text by FRANCE 24

Latest update : 2016-02-25

Iran’s President Hassan Rohani has put women and young people at the centre of his policies during his first term in office, and it’s their voices that matter as the country gears up for its double polls on Friday.
Two-thirds of the Iranian population are under the age of 30, and this group constitutes about half of the country's eligible voters. They are also the country's most vocal demographic.

They will turn out at the polls on Friday amid widespread disillusionment over high unemployment and a faltering economy, despite the landmark nuclear deal made by Rohani that paved the way for the lifting of the crippling sanctions against the country.
Continue reading at:

France 24 - Video: Iran's young voters clouded by disillusionment?

I would imagine the youth feel that nothing will change even after the election. They see that the Arab Spring did nothing for the youth in other countries even though the youth had high hopes.

• © FRANCE 24 screengrab
Text by FRANCE 24

Latest update : 2016-02-25

Iran’s President Hassan Rohani has put women and young people at the centre of his policies during his first term in office, and it’s their voices that matter as the country gears up for its double polls on Friday.
Two-thirds of the Iranian population are under the age of 30, and this group constitutes about half of the country's eligible voters. They are also the country's most vocal demographic.

They will turn out at the polls on Friday amid widespread disillusionment over high unemployment and a faltering economy, despite the landmark nuclear deal made by Rohani that paved the way for the lifting of the crippling sanctions against the country.
Continue reading at:

France 24 - Video: Iran's young voters clouded by disillusionment?

Seems to me that Iranian youth are becoming more aware of the huge
expenditure related to Iran's IMPERIALIST ADVENTURES ----

Forum List

Back