Viktor Shokin: Biden outraged we seized Burisma assets

Good Luck.
Shokin is corrupt. So yeah, let's believe Shokin. Lol.

But is he?

Are you sure he is?

From the very start, I've been assuming that Shokin is corrupt. However just in the past week, I've started to wonder how corrupt he really was.

People seem to be assuming that since the EU says he is, therefore he is. But really, where is the evidence?

We all know that left-wingers will simply make up stuff to justify their positions... Bret Kavanough, and Jessie Smollett are proof of this.

So where is the hard evidence that Shokin is corrupt? Am I missing it?

As near as I can tell... the main 'evidence' that Shokin is corrupt, has to do with him not pursing cases fast enough. Fast enough?

To compare, the death of Vince Foster was in 1993, and the independent investigation by Ken Starr, was released in 1997.

Shokin was only named Prosecutor General in Feb 2015. When Biden made his now famous quid pro quo of demanding Shokin be fired, that was only in Dec of 2015.

Shokin had not even been in office a full year, before Biden said he was corrupt, and demanded his removal.

On what evidence was that not 'fast enough' for the Obama administration? We have instigation the routinely last many years, and this guy is barely in office 10 months, and he's obviously stalling out investigations? On what evidence?

No if you have more evidence, I'll gladly read up on it. But from the 3 different articles I've read thus far, there is no evidence that I've seen that this guy is horribly corrupt.

Why are Republicans not demanding that Shokin testify? Because they know he would be exposed as corrupt. Shokin was ending investigations into corruption just as he ended the investigation of Burisma. Burisma was not under investigation when Biden made his threat and there are no doubts of that. The only investigations he was opening was against anti-corruption groups. That is why there were protests against Shokin. Even Ukrainians knew he was corrupt.

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-protest-prosecutor-shokin-dismissal/27639981.htm

khpg.org/en/index.php?id=1446761968

Daria Kaleniuk‏ @dkaleniuk
Replying to @OliverBullough
Thank you @OliverBullough - indeed it’s insane to use UKRAINE as a ball at the AMERICAN national political field. Prosecutor Shokin did not open the case on Zlochevskyi & Burisma. He dumped it. And he was fired for being corrupt and failing prosecution reform @kenvogel

12:52 PM - 2 May 2019

From what I've read, Shokin has already testified several times to the EU.
I think he's testimony is good enough there.

However, saying indeed it’s insane to use UKRAINE as a ball at the AMERICAN national political field.... where were you when Obama used the Ukraine against Trump?

Maybe you missed it, but Obama asked the Ukraine to investigate Paul Manafort.

So where was your outrage then? Why is using the Ukraine as a ball at American national politics, only bad when other people do it?
LOL

Obama did no such thing, ya goofball.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Good Luck.

But is he?

Are you sure he is?

From the very start, I've been assuming that Shokin is corrupt. However just in the past week, I've started to wonder how corrupt he really was.

People seem to be assuming that since the EU says he is, therefore he is. But really, where is the evidence?

We all know that left-wingers will simply make up stuff to justify their positions... Bret Kavanough, and Jessie Smollett are proof of this.

As near as I can tell... the main 'evidence' that Shokin is corrupt, has to do with him not pursing cases fast enough. Fast enough?

To compare, the death of Vince Foster was in 1993, and the independent investigation by Ken Starr, was released in 1997.

Shokin was only named Prosecutor General in Feb 2015. When Biden made his now famous quid pro quo of demanding Shokin be fired, that was only in Dec of 2015.

Shokin had not even been in office a full year, before Biden said he was corrupt, and demanded his removal.

On what evidence was that not 'fast enough' for the Obama administration? We have instigation the routinely last many years, and this guy is barely in office 10 months, and he's obviously stalling out investigations? On what evidence?

No if you have more evidence, I'll gladly read up on it. But from the 3 different articles I've read thus far, there is no evidence that I've seen that this guy is horribly corrupt.

Why are Republicans not demanding that Shokin testify? Because they know he would be exposed as corrupt. Shokin was ending investigations into corruption just as he ended the investigation of Burisma. Burisma was not under investigation when Biden made his threat and there are no doubts of that. The only investigations he was opening was against anti-corruption groups. That is why there were protests against Shokin. Even Ukrainians knew he was corrupt.

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-protest-prosecutor-shokin-dismissal/27639981.htm

Thank you @OliverBullough - indeed it’s insane to use UKRAINE as a ball at the AMERICAN national political field. Prosecutor Shokin did not open the case on Zlochevskyi & Burisma. He dumped it. And he was fired for being corrupt and failing prosecution reform @kenvogel

However, saying indeed it’s insane to use UKRAINE as a ball at the AMERICAN national political field.... where were you when Obama used the Ukraine against Trump?

So where was your outrage then? Why is using the Ukraine as a ball at American national politics, only bad when other people do it?
LOL

icon_rolleyes.gif

How the Obama White House engaged Ukraine to give Russia collusion narrative an early boost

U.S. officials “kept talking about how important it was that all of our anti-corruption efforts be united,” said Andrii Telizhenko, then a political officer in the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington tasked with organizing the meeting.

Telizhenko, who no longer works for the Ukrainian Embassy, said U.S. officials volunteered during the meetings — one of which was held in the White House’s Old Executive Office Building — that they had an interest in reviving a closed investigation into payments to U.S. figures from Ukraine’s Russia-backed Party of Regions.

That 2014 investigation was led by the FBI and focused heavily on GOP lobbyist Paul Manafort, whose firm long had been tied to Trump through his partner and Trump pal, Roger Stone.

Agents interviewed Manafort in 2014 about whether he received undeclared payments from the party of ousted Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych, an ally of Russia’s Vladimir Putin, and whether he engaged in improper foreign lobbying.

The FBI shut down the case without charging Manafort.

Telizhenko said he couldn’t remember whether Manafort was mentioned during the January 2016 meeting. But he and other attendees recalled DOJ officials asking investigators from Ukraine’s National Anti-Corruption Bureau (NABU) if they could help locate new evidence about the Party of Regions’ payments and its dealings with Americans.​

Is the above statements true or false?
Did US officials under Obama, ask Telizhenko to reopen a case that was considered closed and finished, that was against Paul Manafort, who has long ties to Trump?

If you have counter evidence, I'll consider it.

Wut??

Hunter Biden got that job because his dad was VP??

Lock him up!

You might think that its just peachy keen that Bite Me muscled a Ukrainian outfit to give his boy this job.

IMHO, its an abuse of power.

LOLOLOL

Let me know when you find evidence that Biden "muscled" Burisma Holdings to hire his son.

:dance:

Burisma did not need to be muscled. They knew if Hunter was on the board, that the weight of the US government would come against anyone investigating Burisma.

And they were right. History proved their assumption correct.

In all seriousness.... why else do you think they hired Hunter? You think that drug addicted, never worked a day in his life, baby fathering whore, had a single cent worth of intelligence on how to run an oil company?

Be serious.... what value do you think Hunter gave to Burisma for that $50,000 a month salary?

In his own words....There is definitely something seriously wrong with our justice system if this isn't FULLY INVESTIGATED By the DoJ!!!]

I have no problem with any American, Biden or Trump, being investigated by the FBI.

Why do you think that Trump is blocking the investigation?

Good Luck.
According to that video the man has never been charged for or convicted on any corruption charges.

So what makes you think he's corrupt? CNN says so? BSNBC? Joe Biden?

The facts behind Trump’s bogus accusations about Biden and Ukraine

“Everyone in the Western community wanted Shokin sacked,” Anders Aslund, a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council, told the Wall Street Journal. “The whole G-7, the IMF, the EBRD, everybody was united that Shokin must go, and the spokesman for this was Joe Biden.”
So no actual evidence of him being corrupt?

So no actual evidence of Biden being corrupt?

Good Luck.
According to that video the man has never been charged for or convicted on any corruption charges.

Donald Trump has repeatedly claimed that Joe Biden is corrupt.

Yet he has never been charged or convicted on any corruption charges.

Once again I find it odd that you defend this Ukrainian who has been accused of corruption by a wide range of American officials, EU officials, and Ukrainians.

But you don't once stand up to defend Joe Biden for the unsupported allegations of corruption by Trump and his Trumpettes.

Can figure out whether it is just pure hypocrisy- or you just have a soft spot for Ukrainians accused of corruption.

Good Luck.

But is he?

Are you sure he is?

LOL

icon_rolleyes.gif

How the Obama White House engaged Ukraine to give Russia collusion narrative an early boost

U.S. officials “kept talking about how important it was that all of our anti-corruption efforts be united,” said Andrii Telizhenko, then a political officer in the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington tasked with organizing the meeting.

Telizhenko, who no longer works for the Ukrainian Embassy, said U.S. officials volunteered during the meetings — one of which was held in the White House’s Old Executive Office Building — that they had an interest in reviving a closed investigation into payments to U.S. figures from Ukraine’s Russia-backed Party of Regions.

That 2014 investigation was led by the FBI and focused heavily on GOP lobbyist Paul Manafort, whose firm long had been tied to Trump through his partner and Trump pal, Roger Stone.

Agents interviewed Manafort in 2014 about whether he received undeclared payments from the party of ousted Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych, an ally of Russia’s Vladimir Putin, and whether he engaged in improper foreign lobbying.

The FBI shut down the case without charging Manafort.

Telizhenko said he couldn’t remember whether Manafort was mentioned during the January 2016 meeting. But he and other attendees recalled DOJ officials asking investigators from Ukraine’s National Anti-Corruption Bureau (NABU) if they could help locate new evidence about the Party of Regions’ payments and its dealings with Americans.​

Is the above statements true or false?
Did US officials under Obama, ask Telizhenko to reopen a case that was considered closed and finished, that was against Paul Manafort, who has long ties to Trump?

If you have counter evidence, I'll consider it.
LOL

That's not news. It's an op/ed based on this guy...

EDY0u52WkAAZlz0

And despite that, your op/ed says he couldn't even remember if Manafort's name was mentioned.

Wut??

Lock him up!

You might think that its just peachy keen that Bite Me muscled a Ukrainian outfit to give his boy this job.

LOLOLOL

Let me know when you find evidence that Biden "muscled" Burisma Holdings to hire his son.

Burisma did not need to be muscled. They knew if Hunter was on the board, that the weight of the US government would come against anyone investigating Burisma.

In all seriousness.... why else do you think they hired Hunter? You think that drug addicted, never worked a day in his life, baby fathering whore, had a single cent worth of intelligence on how to run an oil company?

Be serious.... what value do you think Hunter gave to Burisma for that $50,000 a month salary?

I said nothing about why they hired Hunter Biden. Everyone knows they hired him because his father was VP.

Someone claimed, with no corroborating evidence, that Joe Biden got him into that job.

Wut??

Lock him up!

LOLOLOL

I said nothing about why they hired Hunter Biden. Everyone knows they hired him because his father was VP.

Someone claimed, with no corroborating evidence, that Joe Biden got him into that job.

Well, I can see how hiring someone because your father is VP, means the VP got him that job.

That said, I understand what you are saying. Joe didn't specifically dial up the CEO over there, and say "hire my son please".
So in that respect, you are right.

Probable cause is evidence that a crime may have been committed moron.

WRONG

RIGHT! You have to have evidence to see if there is probable cause. to start a investigation.
by god youre a dumb mother fucker,,,

probable cause is the suspicion of wrong doing,,,

You are the dumb motherfucker.

Without evidence there is no probable cause. You can say Biden is corrupt until you turn blue that that is not evidence nor does it establish probable cause.

Not very smart.
You do not need probably cause before an investigation, the point of an investigation is to establish if there is probably cause or not.

That is a complete lie...

The house however is not a police agency and has no police powers to speak of. All that is required for impeachment is for them to simply dislike the president .... Nothing more. This is in fact what they have done.

Jo

So...Biden is riding around Iowa in a bus called No Malarkey? No one in the campaign red-flagged "Malarkey"? Cuz I'm not sure the under-80 crowd sees the irony. Or the candidate sees it. Or if there is any.

Good Luck.

The facts behind Trump’s bogus accusations about Biden and Ukraine

“Everyone in the Western community wanted Shokin sacked,” Anders Aslund, a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council, told the Wall Street Journal. “The whole G-7, the IMF, the EBRD, everybody was united that Shokin must go, and the spokesman for this was Joe Biden.”
So no actual evidence of him being corrupt?

So no actual evidence of Biden being corrupt?
None that a retard can understand apparently

Firing in and of itself is sufficient in many countries for dealing with corruption. But I think the main reason was he refused to investigate corruption.

then who was he refusing to investigate that was later convicted???

I don't think it was any one person per se but simply not going after corruption. A letter from the Pentagon later confirmed that Ukraine had taken significant steps towards reform after Shokin was fired.
reform of what? what was the corruption he wasn't investigating? please, it seems you were there and part of the discussion. so tell us all. What corruption was stopped?
You tell me, I have yet to see the lack of your personal presence in situation shut you up :D
why should it? I'm entitled like you to have my opinion on anything. right? I enjoy beating down those who think they have all the answers. it seems you think you do. I know, and honest enough to say, I don't know everything, I read and educate myself, and I form opinions and seek out others opinions and see where mine lie. but you, and your leftist buddies in here know everything, bold and chest pounding confident. yeah, I will continue to voice my opinions. it's what's great about America. The one the left is trying to end. IMO!
You think you have all the answers. Ok.

92 countries.

No aid held up. No phone call asking for an investigation.

Corruption? Bibi is under indictment!!! NO AID HELD UP!

Yeah. This wasn't about Biden or personal political gain. Okay. That takes about seven pounds of brain damage to bleev.

You have to be seriously stupid, stupid, stupid.

How do you know that no calls were made to the 92 other countries?

Just because the partisan, so-called whistleblower didn't report on them doesn't mean squat. He was looking for dirt on Trump, so he could care less about corruption in other nations.
If aid was held up there would a public record.

then who was he refusing to investigate that was later convicted???

I don't think it was any one person per se but simply not going after corruption. A letter from the Pentagon later confirmed that Ukraine had taken significant steps towards reform after Shokin was fired.
reform of what? what was the corruption he wasn't investigating? please, it seems you were there and part of the discussion. so tell us all. What corruption was stopped?
You tell me, I have yet to see the lack of your personal presence in situation shut you up :D
why should it? I'm entitled like you to have my opinion on anything. right? I enjoy beating down those who think they have all the answers. it seems you think you do. I know, and honest enough to say, I don't know everything, I read and educate myself, and I form opinions and seek out others opinions and see where mine lie. but you, and your leftist buddies in here know everything, bold and chest pounding confident. yeah, I will continue to voice my opinions. it's what's great about America. The one the left is trying to end. IMO!
You think you have all the answers. Ok.

he just said he doesnt know everything,,,so WTF are you bitching about???

Probable cause is evidence that a crime may have been committed moron.

WRONG

RIGHT! You have to have evidence to see if there is probable cause. to start a investigation.
by god youre a dumb mother fucker,,,

probable cause is the suspicion of wrong doing,,,

You are the dumb motherfucker.

Without evidence there is no probable cause. You can say Biden is corrupt until you turn blue that that is not evidence nor does it establish probable cause.

Not very smart.
You do not need probably cause before an investigation, the point of an investigation is to establish if there is probably cause or not.
You have it backwards. You need probable cause to initiate an investigation, and the investigation determines whether or not a crime may have been committed.

Last edited:
I just want to ask all you anti-Trump people a question here. I'm really not expecting an honest answer, just curious as to what they will be:

At your job, the son of your supervisor gets a promotion everybody wanted. It's the highest paid position in that part of the company. He has no experience at it, he's never been part of that operation at the plant, and he has been known to have a lot of personal challenges in his life.

Would you conclude that it was dumb luck, or that the supervisor--being close to the management, got him that job?
Do you mean like Jarod and Ivanka, being put in to govt positions with zero gvt experience? Well conveted by hard working gov't employees that have worked a lifetime to get the positions in the whit house that Jarod and Ivanka were handed on a silver platter?

Or like the Ambassador position for the EU, being handed to a man with ZERO EXPERIENCE as a diplomat, who simply gave a million dollars to the Trump inaugural , like Ambassador Sondland, while dedicated diplomats have worked a near quarter century to earn the coveted ambassadorship?

Last edited:
I just want to ask all you anti-Trump people a question here. I'm really not expecting an honest answer, just curious as to what they will be:

At your job, the son of your supervisor gets a promotion everybody wanted. It's the highest paid position in that part of the company. He has no experience at it, he's never been part of that operation at the plant, and he has been known to have a lot of personal challenges in his life.

Would you conclude that it was dumb luck, or that the supervisor--being close to the management, got him that job?
Do you mean like Jarod and Ivanka, being put in to govt positions with zero gvt experience? Well conveted by hard working gov't employees that have worked a lifetime to get the positions in the whit house that Jarod and Ivanka were handed on a silver platter?

Or like Ambassador position for the EU, being handed to a man with ZERO EXPERIENCE as a diplomat, who simply 've a million dollars to the Trump inaugural , like Ambassador mainland, while dedicated diplomats have worked a near quarter century to earn the covetted ambassadorship?

at least its our government,,,and they are working for free,,,,not millions of tax payer dollars

Forum List

Back