Violent Leftists shut down TPUSA Event at University of New Mexico

You're upset that others are adopting your tactics? Cry harder.

How the Right Stifles Speech With Threats and Violence
The intimidation campaign against me after I appeared on Tucker Carlson's Fox News show is all too common. I kept my college teaching job, but other professors aren't so lucky.

Elijah Nouvelage / Getty Images

Lisa Durden, an adjunct professor at New Jerseyā€™s Essex County College, appeared on Tucker Carlsonā€™s primetime Fox News show earlier this month to debate the merits of a blacks-only Memorial Day party held by a New York City chapter of Black Lives Matter. Carlson, as he does, provoked Durden. ā€œYouā€™re demented, actually,ā€ he said. ā€œYouā€™re sick, and what youā€™re saying is disgusting.ā€ Durden, a media personality herself, did not respond in kind. ā€œBoo-hoo,ā€ she said, ā€œyou white people are angry because you couldnā€™t use your ā€˜white privilegeā€™ card to get invited to the Black Lives Matter all-black Memorial Day celebration.ā€

Two days later, Essex County College suspended Durden, and last week she was fired. Because of Durdenā€™s appearance, school president Anthony E. Munroe wrote on Friday, ā€œThe College was immediately inundated with feedback from students, faculty and prospective students and their families expressing frustration, concern and even fear that the views expressed by a College employee (with influence over students) would negatively impact their experience on the campusā€¦. While the adjunct who expressed her personal views in a very public setting was in no way claiming to represent the views and beliefs of the College, and does not represent the College, her employment with us and potential impact on students required our immediate review into what seemed to have become a very contentious and divisive issue.ā€

This justification for Durdenā€™s firing, while disappointing, didnā€™t surprise me. Iā€™m also a college professor, and appeared on Carlsonā€™s show in April to defend my New Republic article about why colleges have a right to reject hateful speakers. While my appearance didnā€™t generate the same controversy as Durdenā€™s, a wave of people contacted my school, Colby College in Maine, in an attempt to have me fired (they apparently missed the irony of trying to get someone fired for their speech, about speech, because you disagree with that speech). In addition, my colleagues in the English department, plus a few lucky senior administrators, have been hapless recipients of racist and anti-Semitic diatribes, thus burdening our IT staff.

Meanwhile, I received thousands of insults and threats. Beginning mere minutes after my appearance, I was deluged with emails and instant messages calling me a ā€œfucking liberal idiot,ā€ ā€œpussy snowflake,ā€ ā€œignorant and hypocritical ****,ā€ ā€œfucking Nazi,ā€ and ā€œJew fag.ā€ Strangers threatened to break my legs, scalp me, and make me ā€œeat a bullet.ā€ One wished, in all-caps, ā€œHopefully you get robbed and killed by an illegal immigrant that was deported five times and he leaves you to bleed to death slowly so you have time [to] realize how fucking stupid you were all along.ā€ There have also been repeated and likely actionable defamation attempts, which Iā€™m still dealing with. (Itā€™s also worth noting that Iā€™m a straight, white, male, tenure-track professor at a top-tier institution that supports my public engagement, which is to say my experience with strangers eroticizing my slow death has been less traumatic than most professorsā€™. I can only imagineā€”though Iā€™d rather notā€”the bile directed privately at Durden.)
Our tactics? Since when? I cant think of a single speaker that republicans have ever chased out of a building, but there are SHITLOADS of examples of democrats doing this.

Many top Republican leaders have said that about the Dirty Don, in public too. Not too many in either party think Pelosi should be shot.
Swamp critters are all about the swamp.

DURRRRRR

All of us here today do not want to see our election victory stolen by emboldened radical left Democrats, which is what theyā€™re doing and stolen by the fake news media. Thatā€™s what theyā€™ve done and what theyā€™re doing. We will never give up. We will never concede, it doesnā€™t happen. You donā€™t concede when thereā€™s theft involved.

Donald Trump: (04:42)
Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore and thatā€™s what this is all about. To use a favorite term that all of you people really came up with, we will stop the steal. Today I will lay out just some of the evidence proving that we won this election, and we won it by a landslide. This was not a close election.

-------------------

Nobody knows what the hell is going on. Thereā€™s never been anything like this. We will not let them silence your voices. Weā€™re not going to let it happen. Not going to let it happen.

Crowd: (07:11)
Fight for Trump! Fight for Trump! Fight for Trump!

------------------

Letā€™s go back eight week.ā€ We want to go back, and we want to get this right because weā€™re going to have somebody in there that should not be in there and our country will be destroyed, and weā€™re not going to stand for that.

Donald Trump: (12:34)
For years, Democrats have gotten away with election fraud and weak Republicans, and thatā€™s what they are. Thereā€™s so many weak Republicans.

-------------------

Weā€™re going to have to fight much harder and Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us. If he doesnā€™t, that will be a sad day for our country because youā€™re sworn to uphold our constitution. Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. After this, weā€™re going to walk down and Iā€™ll be there with you. Weā€™re going to walk down. Weā€™re going to walk down any one you want, but I think right here. Weā€™re going walk down to the Capitol, and weā€™re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. Weā€™re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because youā€™ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.

Donald Trump: (18:16)
We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing

You forgot one: We are going to march to the Capital peacefully and patriotically.

Trying to stop someone from speaking via a large group of people screaming is a THREAT of violence, especially from lefties like you.

The heckler's veto isn't in the spirit of free speech and the right to protest.

You have the right to protest, not the right to stop someone else from speaking.
Oh, so now it wasn't violent, just a "threat" of violence?

What's next? They had violent thoughts? :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back