🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Virginia women protest "state mandated rape"

RICHMOND, Va. — Hundreds of women have locked arms and stood mute outside the Virginia State Capitol to protest a wave of anti-abortion legislation coursing through the 2012 General Assembly.

Capitol and state police officers, there to ensure order, estimated the crowd to be more than 1,000 people — mostly women. The crowd formed a human cordon through which legislators walked before Monday’s floor sessions of the Republican-controlled legislature.

The group was protesting bills that would cut off state aid to poor women seeking abortions, define embryos as humans and criminalize their destruction, and require “transvaginal” ultrasounds of women seeking abortions. In the procedure, a wand-like device is inserted and used to send out sound waves.

None of the protesters carried posters. Few spoke, even when spoken to. Richmond resident Molly Vick wore a shirt that read, “Say no to state mandated rape.”

Women protest anti-abortion bills in Va. by locking arms, standing mute outside state Capitol - The Washington Post

In what universe is state sponsored murder a "civil right?"

Of course leave it to a "peace loving" progressive to champion the murder of children...

If bitches don't want babies then they should keep their legs closed or use contraception...

Of course progressives wouldn't know a fucking thing about being responsible for their actions - hence abortions.. Not only that but they believe it should be up to the taxpayer to murder their unborn child.

Does the woman have to look at the ultrasound or not?
She doesn't know what she's talking about. There is no need for the ultrasound and most physicians wouldn't waste their time doing one.

I wonder, if this bill passes, if the state will pay for the procedure since they are the ones that wish to mandate it.

Oh, and don't take my word for it, even though I know what I'm talking about.

BACKGROUND: Since the mid-1990s, several states have moved to make ultrasound part of abortion service provision. Some laws and policies require that a woman seeking an abortion receive information on accessing ultrasound services, while others require that a woman undergo an ultrasound before an abortion. Since routine ultrasound is not considered medically necessary as a component of first-trimester abortion , the requirements appear to be a veiled attempt to personify the fetus and dissuade a woman from obtaining an abortion. Moreover, an ultrasound can add significantly to the cost of the procedure.
HIGHLIGHTS:
 11 states require verbal counseling or written materials to include information on accessing ultrasound services.
 20 states regulate the provision of ultrasound by abortion providers.
 7 states mandate that an abortion provider perform an ultrasound on each woman seeking an abortion, and require the provider to offer the woman the opportunity to view the image.
 9 states require that a woman be provided with the opportunity to view an ultrasound image if her provider performs the procedure as part of the preparation for an abortion.
 5 states require that a woman be provided with the opportunity to view an ultrasound image.
CONTINUED
http://www.guttmacher.org/statecente...s/spib_RFU.pdf
We are sorry, but the URL you requested could not be found. The page you are looking for may have been renamed or removed from the site.

But thanks for showing exactly what I said. In states where there is a legal limit on gestational age for elective abortions, no physician who values his/her license will NOT do one, unless they don't care about risking their license. When there is a limit and they still do one, their license will get yanked.

Look at what you posted, or is your day so bad that you can't even think clearly?

look through they thread, Shitting Bull. I posted a link to the HR bill itself. No specification is made as to the type of ultrasound.
As has been pointed out at least once in this topic already, in states where there are ultrasound laws it is sometimes the case where the early stages of a pregnancy require the use of a TVU to get the view required by law.

So this is not some imaginary deal. This is already happening in other states. Women are being forced to subject themselves to an unnecessary and invasive TVU probe prior to abortion.

Last edited:
When an abortion is performed, don't they use an ultra sound to see what they're doing and to be sure that they've gotten every bit of the fetus out? (serious question)

That has nothing to do with performing an unnecessary and invasive procedure.

I don't understand why ANYONE would be opposed to making a woman view an altrasound before she decides to put the child in the blender..

Funny how Obama can force someone to buy a product, yet forcing an individual to view an altrasound as a prerequisite to having an abortion is somehow "wrong?"

I don't understand why ANYONE would be opposed to making a woman view an altrasound before she decides to put the child in the blender..

I don't know how anyone can be pro-life and pro-abuse at the same time.

Our pro-life movement can only be harmed by being assholes towards women. It sure as shit doesn't achieve anything positive. It doesn't save lives.

It is pretty disgusting the way the right wing blogosphere has reacted to these women's concerns. Jokes about aspirins between the knees, blowing off an incredibly invasive and unecessary procedure as nothing to get upset about, talking about women as whores.

Once the decision has been made to get an abortion, it is too late. Putting the woman through a humiliating experience out of a desire to get a little vengeance is just being an asshole.

Pro-lifers talk about women needing to be responsible BEFORE they get pregnant, and then block as many avenues to achieve that as possible. They put up roadblocks to birth control when half of all abortions are the result of no birth control being used. They put up roadblocks to proper sex education even though a majority of the other half of abortions are due to inconsistent use of birth control. You have some primitive ignorant abstinence-only shit as your goal. It's obvious.

You always bitch about women not keeping their legs crossed but I do not recall any pro-lifer EVER saying the male half of the equation needs to keep their zippers up when issues like this one come up.

Go back and look. Every pro-lifer in this topic has put all the onus on the women. Not one of you fuckers said anything about the males. It's been one big chain of abuse toward women.

11 pages of sheer assholery, and now you want to pile yet one more humiliation on top of the woman. It's like you get off on the idea of them being punished.

There's no morality here. Just a bunch of dicks.

Last edited:
She doesn't know what she's talking about. There is no need for the ultrasound and most physicians wouldn't waste their time doing one.

I wonder, if this bill passes, if the state will pay for the procedure since they are the ones that wish to mandate it.

BACKGROUND: Since the mid-1990s, several states have moved to make ultrasound part of abortion service provision. Some laws and policies require that a woman seeking an abortion receive information on accessing ultrasound services, while others require that a woman undergo an ultrasound before an abortion. Since routine ultrasound is not considered medically necessary as a component of first-trimester abortion , the requirements appear to be a veiled attempt to personify the fetus and dissuade a woman from obtaining an abortion. Moreover, an ultrasound can add significantly to the cost of the procedure.
HIGHLIGHTS:
 11 states require verbal counseling or written materials to include information on accessing ultrasound services.
 7 states mandate that an abortion provider perform an ultrasound on each woman seeking an abortion, and require the provider to offer the woman the opportunity to view the image.
 9 states require that a woman be provided with the opportunity to view an ultrasound image if her provider performs the procedure as part of the preparation for an abortion.
 5 states require that a woman be provided with the opportunity to view an ultrasound image.
CONTINUED
We are sorry, but the URL you requested could not be found. The page you are looking for may have been renamed or removed from the site.

But thanks for showing exactly what I said. In states where there is a legal limit on gestational age for elective abortions, no physician who values his/her license will NOT do one, unless they don't care about risking their license. When there is a limit and they still do one, their license will get yanked.

Look at what you posted, or is your day so bad that you can't even think clearly?

:rolleyes:

What part of "not considered medically necessary"eludes you?

http://www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/spibs/spib_RFU.pdf

HIGHLIGHTS:
CONTINUED

What part of losing your license for doing a procedure outside the limits of the law confuses you?

What part of losing your license for doing a procedure outside the limits of the law confuses you?

That's the whole point, there should be no such law mandating it...

And, just look at all those states which have laws requiring women to be raped.

:lol:

Read the spreadsheet at the link... ONE State, Texas, requires "Ultrasound for Each Abortion; The Provider Must Display and Describe the Image".

Every other State has legal stipulations for OFFERING it and other OPTIONS...

§ This law is temporarily unenforceable pending a court decision.

* Included in written counseling materials although not specifically mandated by state law.

Ω The woman will also be offered the option to hear a detailed description of the image and in Louisiana also be offered a picture of it.

† If an ultrasound is requested by the woman, the provider will also display the image so that the woman can view it.

‡ If performed, an ultrasound must take place 24 hours in advance of the abortion.

ξ The law allows the woman to decline to view the image and in Texas the woman may decline to listen to the description under certain circumstances.

Funny how Obama can force someone to buy a product, yet forcing an individual to view an altrasound as a prerequisite to having an abortion is somehow "wrong?"

If you go to Planned Parenthood, you have to have an ultrasound most of the time. You know to make sure your pregnancy is normal, and they can perform a normal abortion. ;)

Read the spreadsheet at the link... ONE State, Texas, requires "Ultrasound for Each Abortion; The Provider Must Display and Describe the Image".

* Included in written counseling materials although not specifically mandated by state law.

Ω The woman will also be offered the option to hear a detailed description of the image and in Louisiana also be offered a picture of it.

† If an ultrasound is requested by the woman, the provider will also display the image so that the woman can view it.

‡ If performed, an ultrasound must take place 24 hours in advance of the abortion.

ξ The law allows the woman to decline to view the image and in Texas the woman may decline to listen to the description under certain circumstances.

Pay attention, Val. The link does not work. I posted that.

To your first response, you're responding to something different than anything I said. Again, pay attention.

It's not difficult, but I'll go through it again. The mandate is the gestational age limit for an elective abortion. The most accurate method to determine that gestational age is the ultrasound.

No physician is going to risk losing his/her license by doing an elective abortion on a woman just by trusting HER account of how far along the pregnancy is. As such, the physician will do the test that most accurately determines gestational age on that women so that s/he will not risk losing his license.

Yeah, it's 'state mandated rape'.

Last edited:

That is why you are an antisocial sick fuck

To your first response, you're responding to something different than anything I said. Again, pay attention.

It's not difficult, but I'll go through it again. The mandate is the gestational age limit for an elective abortion. The most accurate method to determine that gestational age is the ultrasound.

No physician is going to risk losing his/her license by doing an elective abortion on a woman just by trusting HER account of how far along the pregnancy is. As such, the physician will do the test that most accurately determines gestational age on that women so that s/he will not risk losing his license.

Which is why they perform ultra sounds with most abortions, along with to make sure there isn't other complications. There doesn't need to be a state mandate.

No one is forcing a woman to view an ultrasound in Virginia, asshole.

Despite the FACT that it is not medically necessary, six other States require an Ultrasound prior to every abortion, but do not require the woman to look at it.

But you don't have to view the ultra sound unless you agree to, they usually keep the screen out of your view if you don't want to see it.

Which is why they perform ultra sounds with most abortions, along with to make sure there isn't other complications. There doesn't need to be a state mandate.
Luissa, the Code in Virginia, before this bill, only provided for informed consent for elective abortions based on PROBABLE gestational age of the fetus. This Commonwealth wants to make sure that all elective abortions are definitely done only during the first trimester. I totally agree with that. I see no reason why a woman cannot make up her mind to have an abortion within twelve weeks, and like most Virginians, I want to make sure that any elective abortions are only during the first trimester.

After that, my opinion is that the abortion is more than disgusting. But, that's just my opinion. I am pro-choice for the first trimester.

Secondly, this bill ensures that no Virginia funds go toward elective abortions.

Forum List

Back