Vitamin D deficiency and needing more sunlight (NOT LOCKED DOWN)

• Banned
How is this an "event"?

And what's your point here? STATE IT.
My point is that sunlight is both normal and essential to healthy human functioning, home imprisonment is not. The doctors video is in response to the current pandemic, viral immunity levels and the importance of vitamin D, of which I take 2 different doses daily along with what I get from food and the sun as I ride my bicycle from 2 to 4 hours daily typically.

Are you always so testy or do you just hate the truth

• Banned
No, Trump was not right.

But lack of sunlight does cause Vitamin D deficiency and all sorts of issues.
Yes lack of sunlight can certainly cause vitamin D deficiency and vitamin D deficiency causes an entire range of diseases

Really do try to keep up

Vitamins are considered essential nutrients because either your body cannot make them or they are made in inadequate amounts to prevent negative health consequences or diseases. So it's essential that you provide vitamins for your body by food and/or supplements. Vitamin D was discovered to be essential when it was found to be needed for the treatment of rickets. Vitamin D is one of the four fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K). There are two forms of vitamin D: D2 and D3. Vitamin D2, also known as ergocalciferol, comes from fortified foods, plant foods, and over-the-counter supplements. Vitamin D3, also known as cholecalciferol, comes from fortified foods, animal foods (fatty fish, cod liver oil, eggs, and liver), supplements, and can be made internally when your skin is exposed to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun. Structurally, these two are not the same. Many believe that vitamin D should be classified as a hormone, with some calling it the forgotten neurosteroid. The health consequences of being deficient go far beyond rickets and what occurs with any other vitamin. And unlike other vitamins, it can be made by your body when exposed to sun and the active form in your body, called calcitrol, has similarities to other hormones (estrogen, cortisol, and testosterone).

Last edited:
Trump was right, if we stay locked down, we die

Trump is wrong and the thread premise is idiocy.

Americans are at liberty to go outside and get as much sunlight as they wish consistent with health and safety guidelines.

Moreover, dairy products are a source of vitamin D; vitamin supplements are also available.

The right’s unwarranted hostility to health and safety guidelines is as ridiculous as it is dangerous.

How is this an "event"?

My point is that sunlight is both normal and essential to healthy human functioning, home imprisonment is not. The doctors video is in response to the current pandemic, viral immunity levels and the importance of vitamin D, of which I take 2 different doses daily along with what I get from food and the sun as I ride my bicycle from 2 to 4 hours daily typically.

Nonsense.

No one is subject to ‘home imprisonment.’

• Banned

Americans are at liberty to go outside and get as much sunlight as they wish consistent with health and safety guidelines.

Moreover, dairy products are a source of vitamin D; vitamin supplements are also available.

The right’s unwarranted hostility to health and safety guidelines is as ridiculous as it is dangerous.

LOL not with all parks closed and ORDERS to only travel to the food store

Yawn

• Banned
How is this an "event"?

Nonsense.

Your opinion is not important to the depressed.............................

How is this an "event"?

You're going against what his masters tell him. You must be challenged!

It’s shame you seemingly can only get sunlight at parks in your area. I get that jazz streaming through my windows and in my yard all the time. I must be very important.

How is this an "event"?

Nonsense.

Your opinion is not important to the depressed.............................
The right’s unwarranted opposition to necessary, proper, and Constitutional health and safety guidelines is solely about conservatives concerned that Republicans will lose control of the WH and Senate this November, not vitamin D ‘deficiency.’

How is this an "event"?

:rofl:

NOBODY makes a point simply posting a video. I always say if you can't articulate your point, you don't have one.

As to your premise that you've now spelled out ------------ nobody anywhere said to "stay indoors". Last I looked sunlight covers half the earth at a time and that applies whether one is at home, at work, or anywhere else.
How is this an "event"?

Nonsense.

Arguably a lot of people are getting MORE sunlight now that they're not indoors at work all day.

You're a fag

Yawn

Even the parks in NY are open. Where have you been, out in space.

No, Trump was not right.

But lack of sunlight does cause Vitamin D deficiency and all sorts of issues.
Yes lack of sunlight can certainly cause vitamin D deficiency and vitamin D deficiency causes an entire range of diseases

Really do try to keep up

Vitamins are considered essential nutrients because either your body cannot make them or they are made in inadequate amounts to prevent negative health consequences or diseases. So it's essential that you provide vitamins for your body by food and/or supplements. Vitamin D was discovered to be essential when it was found to be needed for the treatment of rickets. Vitamin D is one of the four fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K). There are two forms of vitamin D: D2 and D3. Vitamin D2, also known as ergocalciferol, comes from fortified foods, plant foods, and over-the-counter supplements. Vitamin D3, also known as cholecalciferol, comes from fortified foods, animal foods (fatty fish, cod liver oil, eggs, and liver), supplements, and can be made internally when your skin is exposed to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun. Structurally, these two are not the same. Many believe that vitamin D should be classified as a hormone, with some calling it the forgotten neurosteroid. The health consequences of being deficient go far beyond rickets and what occurs with any other vitamin. And unlike other vitamins, it can be made by your body when exposed to sun and the active form in your body, called calcitrol, has similarities to other hormones (estrogen, cortisol, and testosterone).

You don't need a lot of sun to get Vit D. Also you don't need to expose your lungs (as if you could, LOL) to the sun or ingest disinfectants.

How is this an "event"?

The main consequence of vitamin D toxicity is a buildup of calcium in your blood (hypercalcemia), which can cause nausea and vomiting, weakness, and frequent urination. Vitamin D toxicity might progress to bone pain and kidney problems, such as the formation of calcium stones.

Vitamin D toxicity: What if you get too much? - Mayo Clinic

How is this an "event"?

You're going against what his masters tell him. You must be challenged!
They have challenged me many times before and failed every time

How is this an "event"?

The main consequence of vitamin D toxicity is a buildup of calcium in your blood (hypercalcemia), which can cause nausea and vomiting, weakness, and frequent urination. Vitamin D toxicity might progress to bone pain and kidney problems, such as the formation of calcium stones.
Vitamin D toxicity: What if you get too much? - Mayo Clinic
Seems no one cared about vitamin D toxicity when they made it mandatory to be added to milk resulting in rickets disappearing from children

Yawn

Even the parks in NY are open. Where have you been, out in space.

You seem to be delusional or perhaps you are just dreaming

NYC Facility Closures
  • All City playgrounds are closed until further notice.
  • All NYC Parks Recreation Centers are closed to the public until further notice. We will be extending all memberships to our recreation center members to cover the length of time we are closed.
  • Basketball, handball, and tennis courts will be closed and locked. All basketball court rims and tennis nets will be removed.
  • Bocce courts and volleyball courts are closed.
  • Skate parks are closed.
  • Barbecuing and gatherings are prohibited and grilling areas are closed.
  • Dog runs are closed until further notice. Our parks remain open to dogs and pet owners to get fresh air and exercise. Our off-leash rules still apply, but please note that the Center for Disease Control recommends that all dog owners keep their dogs on a leash and maintain at least six feet of distance from other people and animals.
  • All City nature centers are closed until further notice.
  • The City's historic houses are closed.
    • Roger Morris Park, Dyckman Farmhouse Park, and Queens Farm Park are closed.
  • The Swedish Cottage is closed.
  • As a precaution, the High Line is closed.
  • To provide a staging area for first responders, Fort Totten Park is closed to the public.
  • The Arsenal Gallery is closed until further notice.
  • At this time, most concessions are closed, including ice skating rinks, amusement parks and carousels, golf courses, indoor tennis facilities, souvenir shops, and more.
    • Farmers markets and gas stations remain open. Customers must practice social distancing.
    • A few snack bars & restaurants remain open for takeout or delivery. Customers must practice social distancing.
    • For the health and safety of the horses, stables will remain operational, but closed to the general public.

Forum List

Back