Vlad's parade?

And hostages often fall in love with their captors. This does not excuse the military invasion.

They wanted to be part of Russia before the annexation dude, and they're thrilled that it happened years later. Putin had a lot more justification for that than we typically have for our aggression, and he managed to do what he set out to do with minimal violence.

Oh boy, here we go. Do we also invade and take territory from our neighbors?

We tend to stick to blowing up poor people on the other side of the planet to put money into the pockets of the people that run the military-industrial complex.

Do we also threaten our neighbors with invasion, if they dare try to prepare themselves from our aggression? Do we also kill journalists, and kill citizens in foreign territory simply for expressing dissent? Let's not try to fashion equivalence, here. Let's leave that to Donnie the Dotard.

Russia has issues. I think it's a very tough sell to say we're better.

We also spy on a lot of other countries, who also spy on us. This includes our allies.

Yep.

So how about my proposal? Maybe we don't need to have military positioned right outside Russia's asshole in an attempt to intimidate them? I bet being big enough to stop doing that would really impress Putin and the people of Russia.

Last edited:
Perhaps illegal aliens from Mexico , and Russians that co-op our electoral system, they have one thing in common. They just want a "better life". The be-all-end all liberal excuse of excuses. And? We don't want foreigners contaminating our culture. I am not seeing any sanctuary cities devoted entirely to Russian nationals, though. (And without voter consent, I might add.) Russian manipulation is definitely a concern, though I might warn of the Mexican collusion angle, which seems far more relevant and far more pressing issue.

So everything Obama tried didn't work.
Pretty much, yeah. Obama gave Putin the chance to normalize his own behavior, and Putin rejected it, as he has with every President in power since he came to power. Personally, I don't have a President Blackenstein fetish, so I have no problem blaming Putin for this instead of blaming our leaders.

hey wanted to be part of Russia before the annexation dude, and they're thrilled that it happened years later.
That does not excuse the invasion.Are you saying it does? Come on.
We tend to stick to blowing up poor people on the other side of the planet to put money into the pockets of the people that run the military-industrial complex.
That's nice. Arwe you suiggesting that, if we stop doing that, Russia will come around? Come on. You are tossing red herrings. And, may i remind you, the job of our government is to look out for our interests, not those of russia.
Russia has issues. I think it's a very tough sell to say we're better

i am shocked you would say such an absurd thing.

Crazy lefties who used to wave Russian flags during Memorial Day parades and disrespect the National Anthem are now uber concerned about President Trump's summit meeting? Give me a break.

That does not excuse the invasion.Are you saying it does? Come on.

I don't have an issue with what Putin did. The people that live there identify as Russians and want to be part of Russia. There was very likely no other method to see that land become part of Russia.

That's nice. Arwe you suiggesting that, if we stop doing that, Russia will come around? Come on. You are tossing red herrings. And, may i remind you, the job of our government is to look out for our interests, not those of russia.

I'm suggesting that putting us on some kind of pedestal is asinine. Improved relations are in our nation's best interests and should be sought after, even if it means making small sacrifices.

i am shocked you would say such an absurd thing.

Meh, I'm not much of a nationalist. I tend to see the world for what it is. You STILL WON'T ANSWER MY QUESTION!

Would it be unreasonable to stop trying to intimidate Russia with our military? I think that pisses them off, a lot, and I think they'd be impressed if we stopped.

that was my first thought. i read the parade is scheduled for november 10 & i think the puppet master is supposta visit in october...

I see that's a Saturday. At least Trump understands it doesn't stand a chance going up against the NFL on a Sunday. Doubt if it will even gather the ratings up against college football. They should move the parade to Canton or Cooperstown and make it part of either's Hall of Fame festivities.

Russian collusion is worrisome, but where the hell do you think they got the idea from? Sanctuary cities...Hint hint.

Forum List

Back