Voter I.D. Question

Hmmm.. there is no evidence that someone wants to or is going to attack my company's network... and there have only been very miniscule intrusion attempts in the past... I might as well not employ a firewall for network security

:rolleyes:

So your answer is to throw out MORE false analogies?

There are 30 million illegal aliens in this country, and ALL of them are able to REGISTER without showing ANY eligibility.

Evidence, please.

30 million illegal aliens.

All able to register.

Evidence, please.

We had 9-11 million illegal aliens in 2000 ( US Census )
We had 4 million a year come in from 2000 - 2006 (USBP )
We had 1.5 million a year come in 2007 - present ( USBP )
We had 1-200,000 leave from 2000 - 2008 ( CIS )
We had 1.5 million leave from 2008 - present ( Pew)

You do the math.

When registering to vote you simply check the box that says you are a citizen, no PROOF is required.

How do you think ACORN was doing it?

Does this mean you have no evidence of this being a widespread problem?

Thought so.

Pennslvania has admitted there is no in voter fraud going on to justify Voter ID. It just isn't that big a problem, and they admit Voter ID will have no effect.

Are you so desperate now for more government and more bureacracy that we are now dealing in hypotheticals? You are just proving my point that Voter ID is a "solution" in search of a problem!

what I put in bold is not true...so the rest of your post has no integrity.

And as I said.....requiring voter ID will result in LESS government intrusion....not more.

But you ignored that point.

Gotta go for now. Cya <S>

A Marine running away?

Wow!

I posted the evidence of my statements right up front. Page one.

http://www.aclupa.org/downloads/ApplewhiteStipulation.pdf

PA admits voter ID or no voter ID, it makes no difference.

First...I did not run away...I walked the dog.
Second....you did not read what you poisted or you do not know what it is youposted.

It is a stip.

It is NO ADMITTANCE of anything.

It is a response. A tactic used in court BEFORE a trial. When it is an open and shut case, both sides reveal all in the stip in an effort to save litigation costs.

When it is a case that deserves a full court proceedeing, both sides rarely reveal anything at all...until a hearing.

Jeez...I dont have time to debate with people who post things they dont understand.

... that these Voter ID Laws, as long as they require an individual to pay any fee to aquire these ID's are placing a poll tax on those persons for the purpose of voting.

the registration should come complete with a photo ID if one is required to vote.

the Republicans are obviously trying to suppress voting by requiring both to register and also to produce a photo ID that are not both inclusive at the time of registration.

“The findings of this analysis suggest that voter identification requirements, such as requiring non-photo and photo identification, have virtually no suppressive effect on reported voter turnout.

Controlling for factors that influence voter turn¬out, states with stricter voter identification laws largely do not have the claimed negative impact on voter turnout when compared to states with more lenient voter identification laws.

Based on the Eagleton Institute's findings, some members of the media have claimed that voter identification law suppress voter turnout, especially among minorities.[80] Their conclusion is unfounded. When statistically significant and negative relationships are found in our analysis, the effects are so small that the findings offer little policy significance.

More important, minority respondents in states that required photo identification are just as likely to report voting as are minority respon¬dents from states that only required voters to say their name.”
For a thorough statistical analysis of the effect of voter identification requirements:
New Analysis Shows Voter Identification Laws Do Not Reduce Turnout

Hmmm.. there is no evidence that someone wants to or is going to attack my company's network... and there have only been very miniscule intrusion attempts in the past... I might as well not employ a firewall for network security

:rolleyes:

So your answer is to throw out MORE false analogies?

No... It is to show you that prevention does not only take place when you have evidence that it will...

Since proper identification is necessary for living one's life and in some cases conducting Commerce where such law demands that one show identification to show age or for some other such purpose?

I cannot rightly see where requiring a person to prove who they are would be any different to avoid fraud as other laws require when exercising thier liberty in daily life to protect the holder of ID and those asking for it to comply with such law(s).

Last edited:
what I put in bold is not true...so the rest of your post has no integrity.

And as I said.....requiring voter ID will result in LESS government intrusion....not more.

But you ignored that point.

Gotta go for now. Cya <S>

A Marine running away?

Wow!

Second....you did not read what you poisted or you do not know what it is youposted.

It is a stip.

It is a response. A tactic used in court BEFORE a trial. When it is an open and shut case, both sides reveal all in the stip in an effort to save litigation costs.

When it is a case that deserves a full court proceedeing, both sides rarely reveal anything at all...until a hearing.

Jeez...I dont have time to debate with people who post things they dont understand.

I understand what a stipulation is. The state of Pennsylvania has a different argument to support Voter ID. One that does not include any evidence that Voter ID affects the outcome of fraud.

Simple.

And there simply is no evidence Voter ID adds any value toward fraud prevention, otherwise one of you dozens of bongwater drinkers would have provided it a long, long, long time ago.

All you have are ghosts. Hypotheticals. Imaginary scenarios that are illogical on the face of them.

Voter ID is a solution in search of a REAL problem.

Now we're just down to "because alcohol!" and "because computer viruses!"

Last edited:
A Marine running away?

Wow!

It is a stip.

I understand what a stipulation is. The state of Pennsylvania has a different argument to support Voter ID. One that does not include any evidence that Voter ID affects the outcome of fraud.

Simple.

And there simply is no evidence Voter ID adds any value toward fraud prevention, otherwise one of you dozens of bongwater drinkers would have provided it a long, long, long time ago.

All you have are ghosts. Hypotheticals. Imaginary scenarios that are illogical on the face of them.

OF COURSE they have no evidence of voter fraud...for if the voter had been caught while trying to fraudulently vote, he or she would have been stopped from voting. They could not prove anything without a law requiring voter ID....so how could they legally stop anyone?

No, we dont have proof that voter ID will prevent fraud for we have not yet had a chance to evaluate the results of a state that did NOT have the id with the reults of the same state AFTER the ID laws were passed.

But we have logic to work with.

If one has ID there is a stronger chance that person is legit than that same person without ID from an IDENTIFICATION standpoint.

Thus why they call it ID......

Wake up?

And one more time....requiring ID will result in less government than more government. Think about that.

A Marine running away?

Wow!

It is a stip.

Simple.

No, we're down to 30 million illegal aliens who can and do vote ILLEGALLY. There is no requirement to prove eligibility when registering to vote, you simply check the box that says you're eligible.

Then you get your voter registration card in the mail.

Then you go vote.

ILLEGALLY.

30 million illegals voting in the US. You'd think there would be SOMETHING which proves this just laying around for all to see!

Hmmm...

Nope. Just another imaginary horror story invented to support an unneccessary government expansion.

With the current LACK of requirements to prove you are a citizen and that you are who you say you are, it is a hole in the process... unless caught, by whatever fanciful means because you have limited ways to catch something without verification processes, you have no proof.. but the hole is still there... it is important to close holes in security before they are breached... a more secure process is preferable to guessing how much the insecure process is breached

30 million illegals voting in the US. You'd think there would be SOMETHING which proves this just laying around for all to see!

Hmmm...

Nope. Just another imaginary horror story invented to support an unneccessary government expansion.

Just Obama and his Amnesty announcement over a month ago. :eusa_hand:

Amnesty for children. And completely irrelevant as far as evidence 30 million illegals are voting.

You guys get whackier and whackier!

With the current LACK of requirements to prove you are a citizen and that you are who you say you are, it is a hole in the process... unless caught, by whatever fanciful means because you have limited ways to catch something without verification processes, you have no proof.. but the hole is still there... it is important to close holes in security before they are breached... a more secure process is preferable to guessing how much the insecure process is breached

We have a system in place. A system which has been working for over 200 years since before the invention of photography, much less Photo ID.

If there are holes in it, the holes should be fixed. Not add more bureacracy for more holes to be made in.

By the way g5000.....

If you truly knew what a stipulation was in law, you NEVER would have used it as proof of anything.

The joke about a stip is that there is usually no fact in it whatsoever....except for certain situations where both sides are looking to settle this thing quickly.

Seeing as the DoJ has decided to slow this thing down, I can assure you this stip was not drafted and attested to for legal expediency.

Your credibility went down many nothces in this debate. First you used a joke as "proof" and then you claim to understand what that proof was.

How pathetic is that?

Hmmm...

Just Obama and his Amnesty announcement over a month ago. :eusa_hand:

Amnesty for children. And completely irrelevant as far as evidence 30 million illegals are voting.

You guys get whackier and whackier!

More than CHILDREN. Try again.

We have a system in place. A system which has been working for over 200 years since before the invention of photography, much less Photo ID.

If there are holes in it, the holes should be fixed. Not add more bureacracy for more holes to be made in.

yo...it IS more beuarcracy that would be required to fix the holes!

Or...

We can do something as simple as saying "use an ID".

Your argument is flawed.

yo...it IS more beuarcracy that would be required to fix the holes!

Or...

We can do something as simple as saying "use an ID".

Your argument is flawed.

We can do something as simple as saying "use an ID" when you register to vote.

Forum List

Back